Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
typical GM/Fisher-Price gauges and console...

The reason I still haven't bought another desired car for my collection, the 01' Trans-am WS6'$ F, I'd have to spend a G just to have an acceptable dash to look @

Maybe someday, God they are so sweet...then you get inside
Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

kills me to hear you talk about them like that. everyone has different tastes and obviously if there is physical limitations for you to be able to drive it, then that is also a game changer. Personally, I think they look great. Like a modern take on the original Z-cars... with a bit of the essence of the GTR. Interior is vastly improved upon vs the 350 (minus that one funky gauge). It has the power the 350 should have had, and it has the fancy rev match on the 6spd. If my car was near stock, I would think I would have already traded it in on one.

This is basically my opinion as well.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
ScottmanZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kills me to hear you talk about them like that. everyone has different tastes and obviously if there is physical limitations for you to be able to drive it, then that is also a game changer. Personally, I think they look great. Like a modern take on the original Z-cars... with a bit of the essence of the GTR. Interior is vastly improved upon vs the 350 (minus that one funky gauge). It has the power the 350 should have had, and it has the fancy rev match on the 6spd. If my car was near stock, I would think I would have already traded it in on one.
Is anyone else a fan of the 370 Nismo? If I decided to go with a 370 I'd seriously consider the Nismo just because I love the body kit on that car....it gives it a much better look imo compared to the regular edition. I'm not as impressed with the performance "upgrades" on this Nismo...but I love everything else about it!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
blueVQ

Originally Posted by ScottmanZ
Is anyone else a fan of the 370 Nismo? If I decided to go with a 370 I'd seriously consider the Nismo just because I love the body kit on that car....it gives it a much better look imo compared to the regular edition. I'm not as impressed with the performance "upgrades" on this Nismo...but I love everything else about it!
Well ya. Who doesnt like the nismo?? I would get one too. And they are cheaper than the sport+touring package because u dont get the leather and nav and what not.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

Dave, you may need some new pants on after these

Plenty more to come I love this track, Daytona is more fun each year!!! 24 hours starts tomorrow at 330.
Attached Thumbnails Minnesota Chat Thread-dsc_0141s.jpg   Minnesota Chat Thread-dsc_0143s.jpg   Minnesota Chat Thread-dsc_0139s.jpg   Minnesota Chat Thread-dsc_0136s.jpg  
Old 01-29-2011, 12:36 AM
blueVQ

oooh

Last edited by blueVQ; 01-29-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: we know
Old 01-29-2011, 12:37 AM
blueVQ

Kinda ugly as hell but I bet that makes a sweet track car.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Stock2Autocrozz

Straight 92' Gangster....lol, way sweet, looks better in person
Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

It's cool, but I would probably just get the sport package:
MSRP of 33.6k vs 40k for the nismo.

You get roughly the same wheels. with the nismo, you get a few hundred bucks worth of braces and struts, a 1200 buck exhaust, and a body kit. To me, it isn't worth nearly 6500 bucks more. If you are in love with the kit, then it might be worth it for you
Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Stock2Autocrozz

Plenty more to come I love this track, Daytona is more fun each year!!! 24 hours starts tomorrow at 330.
Cool car... what are you showing up on that paper?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Stock2Autocrozz

Cool car... what are you showing up on that paper?
The one in my hand was some free Porsche $hit I was carrying around narcotics, lol prob should have put it down...
But, the 1992placard next to it showed it winning in class in 92, and a # of the drivers...I am straight dissapoint in Nissan....with 370 and GTR, they have not re-entered road racing in USA yet!! Wtf?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Zivman

The one in my hand was some free Porsche $hit I was carrying around narcotics, lol prob should have put it down...
But, the 1992placard next to it showed it winning in class in 92, and a # of the drivers...I am straight dissapoint in Nissan....with 370 and GTR, they have not re-entered road racing in USA yet!! Wtf?
haven't you heard, times are tough... pinching pennies where they can?
Old 01-29-2011, 02:58 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If all you like about the Nismo is the body kit, why not just get a 370Z w/ sport package and add the body kit? Be a lot cheaper that way.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

haven't you heard, times are tough... pinching pennies where they can?
Lol, I don't know where to start with this one!

In end, I am most upset w enthusiasts, not the Co., they're the ones building the GT's to race.....GTR's run gran prix's elsewhere, and can't be price point with all the Ferrari challenge cars present.

Plus RX8's just dominate....**** there was even Mini coopers and miatas in the continental race yesterday....saw 350 two years ago, they were selling it as KONI challenge race ready last year on forum.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Zivman

well it happened today.... the evo broke down. pulled out of my driveway and the SOB quit. would not restart. luckily I was able to roll it back into the driveway where it sat till I had some time to look it over.... a bit of troubleshooting and I found a blown fuse. 15 cent fix
Old 01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Zivman

Lol, I don't know where to start with this one!

In end, I am most upset w enthusiasts, not the Co., they're the ones building the GT's to race.....GTR's run gran prix's elsewhere, and can't be price point with all the Ferrari challenge cars present.

Plus RX8's just dominate....**** there was even Mini coopers and miatas in the continental race yesterday....saw 350 two years ago, they were selling it as KONI challenge race ready last year on forum.
It doesn't surprise me that the RX8's are dominating. Nissan seems to change their focus and priorities every couple yrs. I think we all should just be happy they are producing cars like the Z and GTR
Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
ScottmanZ

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
If all you like about the Nismo is the body kit, why not just get a 370Z w/ sport package and add the body kit? Be a lot cheaper that way.
I'm not entirely convinced that one could purchase an authentic Nismo body kit, including the rear spoiler, get it installed, painted etc.... and really save that much. I suppose it's entirely possible you may save a grand or two, but you also wouldn't have to worry about fitment issues, warranty issues and other headaches. When you factor in the other small upgrades, it's not much of a price difference
Old 01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not entirely convinced that one could purchase an authentic Nismo body kit, including the rear spoiler, get it installed, painted etc.... and really save that much. I suppose it's entirely possible you may save a grand or two, but you also wouldn't have to worry about fitment issues, warranty issues and other headaches. When you factor in the other small upgrades, it's not much of a price difference
I suppose there wouldn't be a huge price difference. An authentic V3 kit for a 350z is $6,300, and I'm sure eventually they'll release the kit found on the 370z, which will probably cost just as much.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Stock2Autocrozz

It doesn't surprise me that the RX8's are dominating. Nissan seems to change their focus and priorities every couple yrs. I think we all should just be happy they are producing cars like the Z and GTR
Sorry to hear of evo issues.....nice quick cheap fix tho

And tru, I am very glad they turn out what they do! However, next years I see a Leaf or cube modded and gutted racing continental and I am going to lose it!

Really nice Z's of all years, and full GTR conversion, like one back home I know would draw some criticisms,lol.....

It kills me that with so many nice cars, its easy when ya can drive em all year, btw saw my first new sls Merc today....it is F'n ridiculously cool. Guy lit it up for me at least too after chatting, and struggling to close his doors. Apparently, the deloreans realized that gullwings need straps to close doors!
Lol
Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I'm a bigger fan of the 40th with that paint color and interior.

One of the best cars Nissan made for the track before they pulled out of racing.

I hope you're enjoying the weather down there.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread