Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Minnesota Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 AM
ScottmanZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Droool....

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...r_id=329216971
Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Pocket change
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Nice find, Scott. Is that what you're buying for the better half?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 AM
ScottmanZ

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Pocket change
The tax alone on it could buy a used Z...lol

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Nice find, Scott. Is that what you're buying for the better half?
I wish!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM
ScottmanZ

Pure sexy
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

"Frankie" states that this is a dream car. I think it fell off the back of a delivery truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item3ccf7d75b7
Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I'm attracted to this one the most: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item2328013374

Too bad it's an auto, but I guess they're better to drive?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

"Frankie" states that this is a dream car. I think it fell off the back of a delivery truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item3ccf7d75b7
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

so the evo sticks it to me again, kicked me while I was down.

Just got a new clutch in the car a few weeks back. Had a few miles on it, so got to drive it hard again and guess what, grind in third under certain conditions. thinking no way that this could be a synchro, just too coincidental that is rears its head just after the clutch install. I take it to the shop after a few diagnostic sessions and sure as ****; 3rd gear synchro and sleeve are shot.

there goes another grand.... f^ck, why do I like this car so much???? Like a good lookin' woman that spends your money with the promise of a little sugar....
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

That sucks, Aaron. Just get rid of it.

I only say that because I've never been a fan of the EVO.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
so the evo sticks it to me again, kicked me while I was down.

Just got a new clutch in the car a few weeks back. Had a few miles on it, so got to drive it hard again and guess what, grind in third under certain conditions. thinking no way that this could be a synchro, just too coincidental that is rears its head just after the clutch install. I take it to the shop after a few diagnostic sessions and sure as ****; 3rd gear synchro and sleeve are shot.

there goes another grand.... f^ck, why do I like this car so much???? Like a good lookin' woman that spends your money with the promise of a little sugar....
Like Dave said get rid of it, and step up to the plate and get GTR
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 AM
jstar809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HoLY sh*t...anyone see the new hypercars from Geneva! Mclaren P1 and Ferrari f150 (LaFerrari).....They look amazing!

Im more pumped about the P1 tho since Mclaren isn't owned by any other car manufacturer; so they don't have to go through stupid corporate red tape.

Last edited by jstar809; 03-05-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 AM
end of z world

Originally Posted by jstar809
HoLY sh*t...anyone see the new hypercars from Geneva! Mclaren P1 and Ferrari f150 (LaFerrari).....They look amazing!

Im more pumped about the P1 tho since Mclaren isn't owned by any other car manufacturer; so they don't have to go through stupid corporate red tape.
Jotham where is that opus vid lok
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Pics of said cars?

They cancelled work today. School is also cancelled. Now to do some online shopping! I need some more protein.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Zivman

That sucks, Aaron. Just get rid of it.

I only say that because I've never been a fan of the EVO.
ever driven one? if I would have known then what I know now, I doubt I would have ever bought a Z. that isn't to say I don't really like my Z, just that for use, the evo is a better car. easier to make power with, more practical, can drive it yr round. Sure it squeaks and costs me money every few months, but it's still a great car. I'll give up the good looks of the Z for factory turbo'd AWD goodness.

before:
lost its clearance between the gear and synchro and won't free spin itself to be able to get in that gear smoothly. Resulting in a grind when shifted in the gear quick enough. See next photo.

After:
new synchro. Even while I put down pressure on it, you can see the gap between the gear and synchro. This allows the synchro to move freely on its own and grind free.

Originally Posted by silverbullet_Z
Like Dave said get rid of it, and step up to the plate and get GTR
I don't have the money like I used to. last few yrs making 1/3 of what I did. just trying to hold onto things I have paid for.

Also, if I had the big bucks for a GTR, not sure it would be the car of my choice. I cannot see it being that much more fun than an evo/sti. sure it is insanely fast, has kind of quirky good looks appeal to it, but in the end it's a heavy car with an auto trans and costs 6 figures. It takes me 3 yrs to make that kind of money now.

I have read/watched a lot of reviews and I can't help think once the novelty of the car wore off, it would be somewhat boring. sensation of speed is lost in the car from what gather. Which is why you see a lot of people go for such big HP with it. They are trying to regain the feeling of when the car was new and still felt special.

I am not bashing the car, just saying at that price point, I want something that feels special all the time. if the price was right I would own one, but I am not going out of my way to spend a 100k on one

Last edited by Zivman; 03-05-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Zivman
ever driven one? if I would have known then what I know now, I doubt I would have ever bought a Z. that isn't to say I don't really like my Z, just that for use, the evo is a better car. easier to make power with, more practical, can drive it yr round. Sure it squeaks and costs me money every few months, but it's still a great car. I'll give up the good looks of the Z for factory turbo'd AWD goodness.
No, I have not driven one and don't really care to. It doesn't matter to me that the car is more responsive to modding. The trend I see is that it also becomes unreliable or expensive to maintain.

Do you actually drive the car everyday, all year round?

I know it's a personal opinion, but I prefer the good looks of the Z, PLUS I'm happy with my Z and how it performs. I had a blast with it last June at BIR. It didn't bother me that I didn't have 500whp and couldn't pass everyone on the track. As far as I'm concerned, I bought the Z because of it's history, it's looks, and to enjoy long distance driving. For a sports car, I think it handles really well on the streets.

Just my 2 cents.

With that being said, I hope you get that fixed. I would go nuckin futs if I had to constantly be wary of a car that could go south on me at any given moment. Then again, I could say that about any car.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Zivman

No, I have not driven one and don't really care to. It doesn't matter to me that the car is more responsive to modding. The trend I see is that it also becomes unreliable or expensive to maintain.

Do you actually drive the car everyday, all year round?
beyond fixing things, I am driving it yr round. I put 5k miles on this car last year and 1k on my Z. most my trips in winter are basically to the gym or to the store. really don't have many places I "need" to go this time of yr.

My car is pushed pretty hard, HP wise. I chose to go through the brakes and that cost me some down time, but it was more maintenance than the car being unreliable. The clutch was an unexpected issue, but clutches don't last forever and I had clutch issues with my Z. this synchro thing kind of pisses me off because we just had the tranny out doing the clutch. it is something I could have lived with for a while, just had to make sure when driving the car hard to go straight up into third rather than quick shift it. under daily driving conditions the tranny was like butter. I wanted it taken care of while I have time. so that is why it is being done now.

The thing that has been the source of most frustration has been fuel issues. eating up fuel pumps and running out of fuel. Had I stayed at about 450, maybe even up to 480-500, on this car (makes 536), I really wouldn't have had the issues I have had. I bumped up the HP/boost and then needed to use unproven 340 lph pumps paired with a kenne bell boost a pump.

I make no illusions that this car is as reliable as a true daily driver, but that's not what this car is about. Part of the fun of owning this car is a tinkering with it. It has only left me stranded once when I had a fuel pump completely fail about 5 miles from my house. I can say, My Z has never left me stranded. I have limped home a few times, but never stranded

Last edited by Zivman; 03-05-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM
ScottmanZ

I don't think there's any one perfect car out there....it's all a personal choice we make because typically most of us can only afford one at a time

I'm sure the GTR isn't nearly as fun to drive as most manual transmission sports cars; being a fully automatic transmission and as computerized as it is hurts it in my opinion. Of course a car like the GTR is built to go fast and drive straight, the feeling of speed is always lost in a car that's build from the factory to go that fast almost on autopilot. Going 150 mph in a POS car that feels like it could disintegrate and burst into flames at any second will make your butt pucker right?? Is that "fun" or is it "fear"? I think it's both. All that being said, I still like the GTR...I think it's a relatively cheap super car. You don't have to spend six figures to buy one, they can be had used with low miles for just under 60K.....almost within reach!

In a perfect world a guy could have a garage of cars to choose from every morning (Jay Leno??) If we could only have one shirt in life we'd all b*tch about how long sleeve is better than short sleeve...unless it's hot out that day LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 AM
ScottmanZ

Originally Posted by jstar809

Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Good points, Scott, which was what I was trying to say. Most enthusiasts like a car or cars for personal reasons. Whatever makes them happy, right?

I like the GT-R. I don't know why some people feel like it's lost its luster or whatever, but I think it would be a fun car to have and drive. I see it as a touring car. I'd definitely take it out when I could. I would just have to park it far away from everyone.

Dammit, I was at Target earlier and forgot I wanted to look at phones. Now I'm going back.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Chat Thread