Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Official Michigan Z Club Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:33 AM
BobaFettm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic a bit. But I highly recommend the 6th for the race day rather than qualifying. It was better last year... And the year before it was to windy lol. That part did suck...
Old 05-28-2010, 08:55 AM
sig11

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Or wait till Rob is available .... June 13th? I really don't want this held without him.
13th works. I may be hungover and in pain though.

I went to the air races the first year and boy did it suck with a GA ticket in Windsor... Hot, crowded, and hard to see anything. I'm guessing the stands are pretty cool though.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:05 AM
AznSky

It's ok, we can meet while my mom's here if that's more convenient for everybody else.

Waiting after she leaves will be cooler

Thanks dawgs!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:57 AM
tommyjohn

im down to go, i still gotta meet all you guys. Have you guys read up on that import race thing in martin next month? any of you guys going?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:49 AM
skingy

the import challenge? that could be lots of fun, if i have that weekend open. not sure what i'll be drooling more over -the cars or the chicks!

rob, i'd be happy to throw some designs together for the club. if no one minds, i'd rather not try to incorporate a car (note the cheesy 80's logo car on this site). it brings up potential nightmares - what mods should it have, vert vs. coupe, etc.

most likely i'll use a 'z' as a design element (not 350, as there are 370's too). but - we all have to come up with an agreed name first - i can throw some ideas together tho.

btw - had to put the top up yesterday. not only did i get fried driving only about an hour with the top down, but a black leather interior tends to make you go 'YIPE!' when it sits in the sun for a while.... occupational hazard i guess!

a couple off topic questions:
- has anyone tried mcguires 101 or 201 cutting/polishes yet? the 101 has gotten great reviews, and i'm anxious to try it out with my porter cable polisher i got last year. the sonus stuff that detailed image sells doesn't work very well.

-brian: when you took the rear hamburger off your trunk, did it have mounting tabs? i want to debadge the back end of mine but i won't if that big one has tabs.

Last edited by skingy; 05-29-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Phreakdout

^^ Hey there Scott, The roadsters don't have badge tabs in the trunk. Use fishing line and saw through the foam rubber glue mat that holds the badge to the trunk.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:00 AM
Phreakdout

Once upon a time, there was a Southeast Michigan Z Car Club and this was their logo.

It seems many of the Z clubs have logos something like this. Here are some others:

I think one thing that would help decide our logo is to select a name for the Z-Club. We can vote on the official name at our first meeting. For those who will not be able to attend, I'd ask they cast an absentee ballot via PM to me.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 AM
tommyjohn

when is this first meeting?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:03 PM
AznSky

June 13th works for me, how about everybody else?
Old 06-01-2010, 04:27 AM
lbk16

Works for me.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Phreakdout

13th is OK for me too. Can't be at my shack on that day.

If we choose a public place, it needs to be quiet enough and without a ton of distractions. (IE Hooters is not a good choice for folks with boob A.D.D).

If Ypsilanti is not too far, I can arrange for the meeting room at Aubrey's on Whittaker Road. (Exit 183 on I94 near my house) We can still get food and beer and still have a closed off room.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 AM
AznSky

We might have to make it more central Brian (even though ypsi would work perfectly for me as well lol).

Novi seems to be the more central place for everybody if we can find somewhere with a close off room.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 AM
sig11

My back yard in Ferndale is always available. :P I'm a little bit east of the bulk of you guys though I think.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 AM
mekatoka

works for me
Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Phreakdout

May I recommend the following:

Copper Creek Tavern (Part of the Copper Creek Golf Course)
27925 Golf Pointe Boulevard
Farmington Hills, MI 48331-2904

The restaurant area is nice and quiet. If we want, we can hold this on the terrace overlooking the practice tee. Opens in the am and doesn't get busy till mid-afternoon.

If absolutely needed, I'm sure they have a closed off room in the clubhouse that they would allow us to use and still bring in food and drink. (May be a small charge)

It's located on 12 Mile road directly across from Nissan's Engineering Center in Farmington Hills. After the meeting, we could all assemble our cars in front of Nissan's building for a picture.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
lbk16

If you guys want, we can have the meeting at my office. I am in Southfield, and we have a huge board room available. Let me know in advance and I can make sure the A/C is on (off on the weekends for the most part). Not as fun as Copper Creek, but certainly quiet and we have internet access, copiers, etc. The board room has some cool views as well. We have the top 4 of the American Center/Charter One Bldg. off Franklin Road in Southfield. Very easy to find - right off the 696. Let me know.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Phreakdout

Nice option ... I think everyone is pretty neutral. I'd offer my office on 12 mile but they shut down the A/C on the weekend. It can get stuffy in there.

Rob, this is your thread.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:07 PM
AznSky

hmmm......don't know too much about copper creek tavern. Google doesn't say too much either. Plus I'd hate to get Lee in trouble at work.......

Brian I assume you've been to the tavern?

But finding a quiet place would definitely be needed for us to have a good discussion (lol we should just use Aj's house)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
lbk16

You won't get me into trouble - place will be empty on a Sunday. Plus, I am a partner and have no issues using the office for get togethers. Just let me know - its no big deal.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by AznSky
hmmm......don't know too much about copper creek tavern. Google doesn't say too much either. Plus I'd hate to get Lee in trouble at work.......

Brian I assume you've been to the tavern?

But finding a quiet place would definitely be needed for us to have a good discussion (lol we should just use Aj's house)
It's the 19th hole of a Golf Course. Not really a tavern. I've been there. The cost of food and drink is cheap. It's pretty quiet. I can check to see if a meeting room is available.

I'm open with AJ's but I don't want to intrude on Jess' Sunday.

Originally Posted by lbk16
You won't get me into trouble - place will be empty on a Sunday. Plus, I am a partner and have no issues using the office for get togethers. Just let me know - its no big deal.
Can we bring beer? Just kidding!

Last edited by Phreakdout; 06-01-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Michigan Z Club Thread