Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Official Michigan Z Club Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 PM
AznSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Michigan Z Club Thread

Ok let's start discussing the Michigan Z Club or MI-Z Club or whatever.

Post up ideas about anything, meets, memberships, volunteer, website, logo, etc.

My thoughts:

Positions:

President
Vice President
Treasurer
Webmaster
Event Organizer
Secretary

Meets: Get together once a month? Even if it's not for install parties, just to hangout and eat lunch and BS. Especially during the winter where we never see each other cuz the cars are hibernating.

Memberships: Maybe have yearly dues which we can put towards food / t-shirts. I know Brian bought a lot of food when we did our mod-party at his own house. The membership money can go towards that type of stuff.

Website: Self explanatory, hell we can even have our own forums as Lee said.

Volunteer work: Maybe good to do as a club, once a year we all get together to volunteer somewhere.

I nominate Brian for President

First official meeting!!
When: Sunday, June 13th
Time: 11:00 am
Where: 27777 Franklin Road, Suite 2500, Southfiled, MI 48034
Meet in the parking lot and we'll all go in together.

Last edited by AznSky; 06-02-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:06 AM
BobaFettm

Looks good to me! I know previously we just had a Michigan club without structured leadership. More so just Jerry saying hey! Bdubs Sunday! And we'd all meet there and for ZdayZ we just booked our own stuff unless we wanted to room together.

I'm down with helping out any way I can. I also have a server on Internet2 access so we are talking major bandwidth on a college's fat bandwidth lines. If u guys need places to host gathers my condo has a big grass area where we hosted xceedspeed parties etc. Plus lots of local xceed guys that would love to come out too.

I'm down for monthly Woodward meets also! Could be fun
Old 05-27-2010, 06:38 AM
skingy

sounds good to me too! i think it's important to have a leader/coordinator/yoda for the group - not sure about the other positions? i 2nd the nomination for brian.

t-shirts could be cool.... i'm a graphic designer and could put some ideas together, unless someone else wants the job. i'll just need a kick-*** name to work with (logo). ideas?

i also love the idea of monthly meets and volunteer work! count me in!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:55 AM
sig11

Clogging up Woodward with Z's would be fun.

Brian was talking about making it an official ZCCA club, right? Does that have some sort-of cost? http://www.zcca.org/membership.htm doesn't list one...
Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 AM
mekatoka

I am in as well
Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 AM
HRteckie

sounds awesome, im down at the woot all the time, usually the only z :P
Old 05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
skingy

what part of woodward do you guys drive? i rarely see another z...but i drive between 11 mile north to birmingham. sometimes i take it all the way downtown, but that's only once in a while (and it's certainly not for the atmosphere - anything south of 8 mile is.... interesting, lol)
Old 05-27-2010, 08:58 AM
AznSky

ok well once Brian comes back from his business trips we can have a formal meeting and hammer out all the details.

Being a part of ZCCA sound really cool.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
toomuchskillz

i would be in for that for sure.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Barnyard

I'd be down for something like this.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 PM
AznSky

awesome, glad to see so much interest. I"ll look into the ZCCA requirements a bit more, but everybody should start thinking of nominations for positions, ideas for events, membership, website, logo.

Hey Scott, you think you could make up some logo's for us to take a look at? Maybe incorporate a picture of Michigan or just a hot asian import model? haha j/k
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 AM
Phreakdout

Thumbs up

Awesome!!! Thanks for kick starting this Rob!

I was a member of Windy City Z Club and Smoky Mountain Z Club for a few years. Both of them were ZCCA registered. There are some benefits to doing this although we do pay dues per member. (Not huge but it does go to the greater good like ZCON2010.)

We would have to make a show at annual Z conventions and extend marketing out to other Z/G sites. (For Datsuns and 300Z's) We can formally go through it at a group meeting. We can do position elections as well.

When I was with Windy City Z Club, they held an annual birthday party. (For the start of the club) This annual party was when they held elections, awards, media show and the best part was the door prize raffles. Basically, you got a ticket for showing up and when your number was called, you could walk up to the table and pickout whatever you wanted. The prizes we donated new or lightly used parts; local business gift certificates, gag gifts or donated old stock parts from Dealerships. (This comes from the efforts of the Dealer liason who would beg for parts.) A position perfect for Andy (Nismo Titan) I don't remember what I paid each year for the Windy City Z Club but I always made out like a bandit at the Birthday party which far exceeded the dues.

We will need a logo. Check out ZCCA.org for details on the chapter requirements. I've already met Mad Mike Taylor at the 1992 Z-Convention. It's wild to send someone a photo that is 18 years old. I was a young pup then. Chris Karl is from Cleveland so I'm sure he could give pointers to get us off the ground.

I can't stress enough that this is a lot of work and fun. If we jump in, there's no backing out. I'm ready if y'all are.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:39 AM
AznSky

Brian let us know your schedule so we can setup a date for the first meeting.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
I can't stress enough that this is a lot of work and fun. If we jump in, there's no backing out. I'm ready if y'all are.
I agree with this, everyone think about this. Don't just be excited after the ZDayZ and drop the ball 6 months later ... lol
Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Phreakdout

Schedule for me:

Open Dates:
June 4th - afternoon of the 6th. (Wife is out of town - woo-hoo) But I still have the daughter.

June 7th - 12th. OK right now.
June 14th - 26th: Possible trip to Japan, China and Taiwan.

So the next two weeks is OK. My preference is the afternoon of Saturday, June 5th. I offer up meeting at my place for the first meeting. We can meet on the deck, the basement or living room. Heck I may have the pool going by then.

Suggestion for Community Work: Friday, July 9th - Saturday July 10th: Elvis Fest at Depot Town in Ypsilanti. I will be volunteering to do various duties. I'm sure they could use a few hands. Last year, I took tickets at the beer tent, handled security and money drops. You'd get a t-shirt, access to the fest which I thought was great despite not being an Elvis fan, and food tickets. The last night of the show, we got what was remaining in the beer kegs. Oh yeah!! Those were gone in a couple hours.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 AM
sig11

June 5th is pretty well open for me.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:05 AM
BobaFettm

Redbull air races in Detroit 5th and 6th. Already got my tickets for andiamo seating like last year. But I definitely wanna make the first meet up!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 AM
lbk16

I am in.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:08 AM
AznSky

June 5th is the dick Scott meet. Plus my mom is visiting me until the 12th so I'd like to do it after that
Old 05-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Phreakdout

The 5th is a no-go then. I may take Brianna to the Air Races after the Dick Scott meet. Friday night 6/4 or Sunday afternoon 6/6?

Or wait till Rob is available .... June 13th? I really don't want this held without him.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 05-28-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Official Michigan Z Club Thread