Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Members in *CHICAGO* and surrouding areas..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:04 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
Question Members in *CHICAGO* and surrouding areas..

Where are you guys on this forum?

I see a few members with "Chicago" in their location. The TX forum has a really closely-knit group and do a lot of things together from track days to meets to tech days to random get-togethers. I'd like something like this for the Chicago members. I realize there's a dedicated forum, but there isn't much activity there either, so I figured I'd start at the bigger forum to see how it goes.

I live in Lincoln Park area and drive a '03 DB 350Z.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM
AznSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can come hangout with us in Michigan as well, we're a pretty close-knit group

Next time I'm in Chicago I'll hit you up!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Isn't that like a 4+ hour drive for me? Haha, thanks for the offer.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Phreakdout

The Michigan guys are pretty close group. This summer, I'd like to get the Michigan Z's and Chicago Z's together for a weekend. Can you suggest a specific Z event this year?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero

I see a few members with "Chicago" in their location. The TX forum has a really closely-knit group and do a lot of things together from track days to meets to tech days to random get-togethers. I'd like something like this for the Chicago members. I realize there's a dedicated forum, but there isn't much activity there either, so I figured I'd start at the bigger forum to see how it goes.

You go get them bud...... I got your back. We DB must stick together.
Show them that nice Texas hospitality

Jody.... Rowlett Tx
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
NedimV

gotta have a meet after winter for the area!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:42 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
The Michigan guys are pretty close group. This summer, I'd like to get the Michigan Z's and Chicago Z's together for a weekend. Can you suggest a specific Z event this year?
I'm not sure what you mean by suggest a specific Z event? Do you mean like ZDayZ, ZCON, etc? Or, are you asking whether or not I can just suggest an event we can put together in the near future?

Like I said, I don't know anybody here so I'm down to meet up with people with similar interests.

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
You go get them bud...... I got your back. We DB must stick together.
Show them that nice Texas hospitality

Jody.... Rowlett Tx
Ha, I'm trying. I don't know about that nice Texas hospitality, but I'm hoping we can start something similar to the Dallas group.

Originally Posted by NedimV
gotta have a meet after winter for the area!
Why after the winter? By the time winter ends in Chicago, it'll probably be time for the summer break.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:11 AM
Phreakdout

I'm not sure what you mean by suggest a specific Z event? Do you mean like ZDayZ, ZCON, etc? Or, are you asking whether or not I can just suggest an event we can put together in the near future?

Like I said, I don't know anybody here so I'm down to meet up with people with similar interests.
The Windy City Z Club is very active in the area. Their website already has 2011 events planned out. For example, they gather and head to the Chicago Auto Show in February. Maybe not in the Z's but they still gather.

What I meant was select an event Chicago guys may have already planned out and we Michigan Z's could attend as well. (A specific car show, drift competition, a Z Picnic, cruise to Wisconsin, etc...)
Old 01-24-2011, 04:50 AM
JustAnotherZ

From Peoria, about 2 1/2 hrs south of Chicago. There are a few modded Z's in the area, I know at least 2 of us would be down to make a trip to Chicago this spring/summer!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:32 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
The Windy City Z Club is very active in the area. Their website already has 2011 events planned out. For example, they gather and head to the Chicago Auto Show in February. Maybe not in the Z's but they still gather.

What I meant was select an event Chicago guys may have already planned out and we Michigan Z's could attend as well. (A specific car show, drift competition, a Z Picnic, cruise to Wisconsin, etc...)
They have a meet here and there, but not as often as I'm used to and they seem more like an online community than active local car enthusiasts. I just don't see that many meets, racing events, etc. Maybe I need to start hanging around shops or something for some car action?

When are you guys going to the Auto Show in Feb? Maybe I'll just meet up with you guys instead.
Originally Posted by JustAnotherZ
From Peoria, about 2 1/2 hrs south of Chicago. There are a few modded Z's in the area, I know at least 2 of us would be down to make a trip to Chicago this spring/summer!
Do it.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Sean S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there,

checking in from Arlington Heights .
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Phreakdout

They have a meet here and there, but not as often as I'm used to and they seem more like an online community than active local car enthusiasts. I just don't see that many meets, racing events, etc. Maybe I need to start hanging around shops or something for some car action?

When are you guys going to the Auto Show in Feb? Maybe I'll just meet up with you guys instead.
Sorry for the confusion: I'm in Michigan, Not Chicago. I joined ChicagoZ.com to try and get our new club to be active with clubs from neighboring cities. Chicago is short 3.5 hour drive from where we are so an overnight weekend trip is always possible.

The Windy City Z Club does actually meet in person once a month in nicer weather. Not sure about winter. However, their membership seems to be more mature than some clubs. The events are family oriented and not so fast paced. There is nothing wrong with that. But if you are looking for HPDE track events, drag racing, very spirited runs or more extreme gatherings ... I haven't seen this sort of thing posted on their site.

Keep in contact with me or Rob (AznSky) this Spring when we start to pull the Z's out of storage. We could use your help getting the Detroit and Chicago Z's together for a meet.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I think I may have confused you, actually. I was referring to ChicagoZ, when I posted the above (the one you quoted). I think the ChicagoZ guys are the same as the Windy City guys. The Zs are all tucked away in storage, it seems.

So, when are you WCZC guys coming to Chicago for the auto show?

And yea, motorsport events would be nice, but a regular meets are cool, too. I'm down for whatever. Beggars can't be choosers, right?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:48 PM
carlili4190

I'm living in Evanston right now and moving to Lincoln Park over the summer... 07 DBZ here
Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Cool. I don't think Evanston is that far, but right around the corner would be nice.

BTW, are any of you guys interested in going to this either on the 6th or the 13th of Feb (this coming Sunday and the next):
http://www.w-a-g.org/
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

dam that does sounds fun...im in the milwaukee area... wisconsinzcrew has a few meets/greets and chicagoz but hopefully in the next month or so some cruises will get set up. i will be at the chicago auto show feb19th if u wanna meet up
Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

^ Hell yeah, it does.

Here's videos of a local member:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMEbc_0rvLI&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJk4Uw7mrk&hd=1
Old 02-04-2011, 02:39 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

lmao i dont think my 305 mickey thompson dr would do very good.....
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by eltness350
lmao i dont think my 305 mickey thompson dr would do very good.....
Haha, do you want to borrow my ET Streets instead?

BTW, I'm not exactly sure what day(s) I'm going to the show yet. What time are you going to be at the auto show on the 19th? And where did you get the tickets (many people got discounts somehow... and groupon expired)?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:12 PM
NedimV

Chicago
hey by any chance any UIC students?
i see a couple z's in the student lots...

Quick Reply: Members in *CHICAGO* and surrouding areas..