Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Raceway Park's First annual Z/G day!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 08:50 AM
joentown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran bone stock and did mid to hi 14's. I never raced before so it was a learning experience for me. Met some really good people and learned a thing or two from the show car guys about how to clean of the Z.
I hope they do this again next year
Old 06-26-2005, 08:58 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noah- car was definitely hot... let me know if you guys are going as a caravan... also pm me the info about those OEM prices you caould get!

The event wasn't bad at all... it wasn't advertised alot so i didn't expect it to be serious till next year!

MRC did a great job though for real... thanks to you guys.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Ep3

couldnt beat a 14.4 ran mostly mid to high 14's all day.. and a few 15's shh i was trying all types of crazy **** launching this car is a pain... & this track i spun alot more than at atco with my drag car it is usually the other way arround had fun though
Old 06-26-2005, 04:50 PM
NJDAN

Can someone who took pictures please post them.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:27 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by NJDAN
Can someone who took pictures please post them.
I have some of my pictures - ENTER HERE AKA ZeeOne
G
Old 06-26-2005, 05:27 PM
JDMFairlady21

i'll try to post them tomorrow...
Old 06-26-2005, 05:37 PM
seanlaw

Old 06-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Lucino

Default Here are mine

where is everyone????

Early arrival

Dan, thx again for the PBA card

Last edited by Lucino; 06-26-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:06 AM
NJDAN

No Problem
Old 06-27-2005, 04:49 AM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by JDMFairlady21
Noah- car was definitely hot... let me know if you guys are going as a caravan... also pm me the info about those OEM prices you caould get!

The event wasn't bad at all... it wasn't advertised alot so i didn't expect it to be serious till next year!

MRC did a great job though for real... thanks to you guys.

Thanx man.....i like the pic from the tunnel where you see that my car has a sexy @ss!!!

Great Time....see everyone at tuner fest!!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 AM
O NO

FWIW

Speedoholic aka Dan did 21 runs down the track in his G. I guess he's not complain about the turn out and he got his nickels worth from the track

Oh yeah, he's got the slips to prove it too.

Props to all the people involved in putting this together. Don't know who you all are but it was a good start, thanx.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:55 AM
10secapsttz
Banned

I hope someone got me on film throwing up in the garbage can on the way out..I got seriously sick from the heat and had such a headache I was throwing up the whole night

I notice alot of people complaining about the event, that it was a poor turnout and they expected more..Instead of complaining,why dont we all work harder to make it bigger next year.This whole event was organized by myself and the MRC crew. We are the only ones who donated money and time to the event,despite me sending out over 150 emails to different companies such as Stillen,JWT,Avalon racing, Zee Toyz,ect..Most of them going unanswered.The only company that coughed up anything was JWT....Hell U/R was there and didnt even donate anything to the event..Basically we were on our own and with the assistance of RacingBrake we donated front rotors and pads to the winners and $100 gift certificates.
I went through the trouble of organizing this event and putting up my time and money and all I hear are complaints..
Well allow me to complain on how the NJZclub handled things..They didnt want to even judge or make a class for the infinitis or other than Z cars.I had to do it all myself..They even had the ***** to tell me to lower the music on my car stereo cause it was drowning out their "oldies" music..Are you kidding me...This event was hard to put on,and I was trying to bring together the Infiniti and Nissan crowds but it seemed everyone had their own agendas...I will definitly be running it my way next year..
Old 06-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

You guys did great as far as I am concerned with putting the event together. I know how hard it can be to do something this and try and keep everyone happy. We have put together plenty of ECZA event and trying to keep the "masses" happy and pleased is not easy. You guys should take a bow. You did an excellent job.

I don't see how people can complain about the attendance at the event. There were about 125 Z's at the event. Over 70 participated in the show. As far as I am concerened it was an awesome turnout for a first time event.

Sure it was hot but what do you expect in the summer.

I am looking forward to this event next year. Have no doubt the East Coast Z Association will be spreading the word.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:23 AM
infiniti4life

Originally Posted by 10secapsttz
I hope someone got me on film throwing up in the garbage can on the way out..I got seriously sick from the heat and had such a headache I was throwing up the whole night

I notice alot of people complaining about the event, that it was a poor turnout and they expected more..Instead of complaining,why dont we all work harder to make it bigger next year.This whole event was organized by myself and the MRC crew. We are the only ones who donated money and time to the event,despite me sending out over 150 emails to different companies such as Stillen,JWT,Avalon racing, Zee Toyz,ect..Most of them going unanswered.The only company that coughed up anything was JWT....Hell U/R was there and didnt even donate anything to the event..Basically we were on our own and with the assistance of RacingBrake we donated front rotors and pads to the winners and $100 gift certificates.
I went through the trouble of organizing this event and putting up my time and money and all I hear are complaints..
Well allow me to complain on how the NJZclub handled things..They didnt want to even judge or make a class for the infinitis or other than Z cars.I had to do it all myself..They even had the ***** to tell me to lower the music on my car stereo cause it was drowning out their "oldies" music..Are you kidding me...This event was hard to put on,and I was trying to bring together the Infiniti and Nissan crowds but it seemed everyone had their own agendas...I will definitly be running it my way next year..

This is my first time posting up in this forum, but after reading your post I wanted to say that I think you guys did a great job especially considering what you had to deal/work with. The guys working the tent for the NJZClub were nothing short of rude and obnoxious and pretty much acted like we didn't belong there... It was pretty upsetting but to each is own... I think with the heat and everything else, it was a smaller group than most people wanted but it was quality and not quantity this time... I spoke with and met some great Z owners and saw some amazing cars... The true enthusiasts were there and thats all that matters... Great work and look forward to the next one...
Old 06-27-2005, 08:16 AM
JDMFairlady21

i definitely second all compliments and will be there next year as well, let's start spreading and promoting the event a month or two in advance and see if we could have a better turnout... the NJZClub was pretty obnoxious so run it your way dude and we can have our own section where the Z's and G's are together. once again great job and thanks to MRC.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:14 AM
awd20t

It was def a good show/race, although the heat was ridiculous. Being it was a first time event, the turnout could have been alot worse. I remember when DSM and Supra day had their first events, the turnout was probably alot worse. Give it time, I'm sure next year will be much bigger and better. Def props to MRC for promoting and working hard to make this a success.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Zen S14

It was nice to race against some of you on Z-day. However, in my humble opinion, this event would be much larger if other nissan clubs were contacted and encouraged to show. I had to convince my friends to show to this event because everyone felt that it was Z & G day not Nissan day. Honda day, DSM day etc are successful not because of one model of the car, but rather all of the same make are welcomed.

I only saw a handful of cars other than Zs and Gs because the way the event is named and promoted seemed like those of us with other nissans were not welcome. There are many more owners of Maximas and Altima than Z owners because of the nature of the market. If the event was more inviting to other nissans it could grow to rival the other makes. Elitist attitude towards other Nissans will not allow this event to grow.

Sponsors are looking for exposure. If the second annual event can show numbers in total of nissans sponsors will take notice. Stillen makes stuff for all nissans and so does many other companies. Take note that on Honda day they are giving away a free honda. This does not happen if there is no number of participants to justify it.

I don't presume to tell the organizers of this event what to do. They did a great job to get nissans to have their own day at Englishtown for the 1st time. Thank you and hopefully see you all next year at a bigger nissan day.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:01 PM
NJDAN

I also thought the NJ Z club was rude, if anyone else noticed that alot of the trophies given out were given out to friends or members of the NJ Z club, there were nicer cars that did not even recieve a mention. a few of us got together to vote for viewers choice because we knew he wouldnt win from the judges. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:43 AM
NoahzBurnt

Dan....agreed....they handled matters quite unprofessionally.....like why would the nastiest 240 get a trophy....but to MRC, once again as stated earlier....you guys are true gentlemen for being such great hosts(gatorade in the heat was a must) and putting together an awesome show....oddly why wouldn't the judges tent be in the middle of the show as opposed to where all of the 240's congregated??? All in all giving away brakes to the 2nd place winner in the race just shows how awesome you guys are...SEE U AT TUNER FEST!!!! (now if only JWT gets back to me about a TT kit before then =P )
Old 06-28-2005, 05:51 AM
Gary King

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
Dan....agreed....they handled matters quite unprofessionally.....like why would the nastiest 240 get a trophy....but to MRC, once again as stated earlier....you guys are true gentlemen for being such great hosts(gatorade in the heat was a must) and putting together an awesome show....oddly why wouldn't the judges tent be in the middle of the show as opposed to where all of the 240's congregated??? All in all giving away brakes to the 2nd place winner in the race just shows how awesome you guys are...SEE U AT TUNER FEST!!!! (now if only JWT gets back to me about a TT kit before then =P )
When and where is this Tuner Fest you mention?

Quick Reply: Raceway Park's First annual Z/G day!