Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Who here is from Connecticut?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 06:54 PM
rouxeny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are DEFINITELY having a beach meet this year.

Hopefully we can get a few more people to go to Newington also. It's a nice crowd of car guys.

Victor, I can't wait for spring.

Having a dirty car with damage on top of it is almost too much to take.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:46 PM
vicmar90

Andrew, dirt we can take of (you know me). When the weather gets warmer we will have a Zaino day at my house.

We both have scrapes that have to be taken care of. Mine, of course, is our fault so I will have to pay to fix. Yours, on the otherhand, may take some time to resolve. Hopefully, you'll have this taken care of by Springtime as I hope to also.
Victor
Old 01-04-2003, 04:40 PM
rouxeny

Unfortunately, I absolutely will have it taken of by spring. Hopefully, this guy will pay for it. I'm really thinking I'm headed for a screw job.

One way or the other, it will be fixed. Once you get a scrape in your car that you accept, it's all downhill from there.

We definitely need a Zaino day. After this winter, I'm going to have to clay bar again.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:30 AM
CT-Z

It's nice to see so many Z's in CT. Hopefully Nissan doesn't put too many on the road though.

I live in Groton, CT. Anybody close by?
Old 01-18-2003, 10:43 AM
vicmar90

Yes! Another Connecticut Z owner. Congratulations. I don't think you'll see too many Z's (except at a meet) because the car is not practical for many people.

Connecticut is not that big of a state so nowhere is too far away. A liitle distance is actually a good thing since it will force you to take your car for a cruise (when the weather gets warmer of course.)

Oh, almost forgot, I'm from Middletown. Hopefully we'll do a meet in the spring and get many Z's together.

Good luck with yours.
Vic
Old 01-18-2003, 10:47 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Z on order - close enough

I am not a Z owner yet, but I live in CT (Stamford) and just ordered a 350Z convertible sport model from Bob Sharp Nissan in Wilton.

If there is a Zaino day AFTER I get my car I would be interested. Unfortunately I will be limited to looking at Zs until June or so.

AndyB
Old 01-18-2003, 10:55 AM
vicmar90

Andy, in the summer there is always time for Zaino. From September to November I put 8 coats on (after claying of course). I haven't done anything since then but when the weather gets warmer, I will start up again. If we get a meet going before you get your car, please come and join us.

Can't wait to see your convertible! You will be the first that I'm aware of here in Connecticut. By the way, what color did you order?
Vic
Old 01-18-2003, 01:06 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chrome Silver

I ordered the Chrome Silver. I like the way the handles match the CS. I really like most of the colors fine, but i had to pick something.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:14 PM
vicmar90

Good choice
Old 01-18-2003, 03:45 PM
luvthez

Cool Ct owner

Vic.....here's another soon to be owner. Black Perf ordered for April delivery. Looking forward to spring. Originally from Middletown but now live up in the northeast quiet corner of the state...........the waxing party sounds good but I think I'll be using Blackfire. Gary
Old 01-18-2003, 04:00 PM
vicmar90

Sweeeeet!

To each his own on the wax. What matters is that you're happy with what you use and how it works on your car. I've never tried blackfire but I've read alot of positives about it. Zaino works great for me and is easy to use.

I can't wait til spring comes. It looks like we have a good group of Z owners forming in CT and we should have some great meets. We need to showup those California and Texas boys.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:17 AM
rouxeny

I just saw my third Z ever on the road. This time, it was about 100 feet from my apartment. I got so excited I didn't pay attention to the type, and I'm not even sure if it was CS or SS. Gave the guy a wave. Hopefully he lives nearby and we can get him to come.

A waxing, installing day sounds like a good idea.

Between vicmar90 and I, I think we can get the bumper off pretty quick if anybody wants something like clears or LEDs. We've installed a grounding kit too, so tht shoud be pretty straightforward also.

Victor, I think I might get a CAI too. I'm too nervous, and too poor to even contemplate FI until the whole thing settles down some.

You found some nice body kits I see.

I have a Farenheit screen and a Pioneer nav being delivered, so hopefully that will all be done by spring.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:27 AM
vicmar90

Andrew, I will be contacting Paul at Avalon Racing later this week about the Injen CAI. I want the tube and connectors in black and he mentioned this could be done and shouldn't cost much more than the one being offered now which comes in red. It just has to be special ordered from Injen. We could set up a day to install both if you decide to get it. Obviously, I will wait til the weather gets warmer to do the install.

Yes, a waxing or installing day would be fun.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:46 AM
rouxeny

Hey great, I can't stand that red tubing either. It just looks out of place in the engine bay.

How much is Avalon selling it for now?

I think we really should try to get a dealership involved. They'd get the publicity, hopefully we'd get some use of power tools.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:14 PM
vicmar90

He's selling it now for $250. I will let you know the price with the black adaptors.

As far as getting a dealer involved with meets, Bob Sharp is the only one so far that does this with their large meet in October which we went to last year. I don't know of any other dealer that'd be willing to hold a meet at their place. If anyone does, please advise.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:38 PM
ctgoldwing

Default greetings!

also new to the board & 350 ownership. Picked up my red tourer from Crowley on 1-2-03. I would be most interested in (besides meeting other owners) in seeing what performance mods have been done . . . hopefully some owners have dyno results so this skeptic would feel better about parting with $$$.

btw live in Cheshire.
hope we all survive this winter!

Jerry
Old 01-19-2003, 06:07 PM
rouxeny

Hey, where in Cheshire? I live down the road in Hamden and I go up Whitney a fair amount.

I think I own the only performance mod mounted on any car from CT present on this board. Unfortunately, it's just a grounding kit. This MUST change by the coming of spring.

Victor, I'm very much in for the Ingen. I was holding off because of my dreams of FI, and that any intake I bought now I'd have to take off for that. But, like you, I'd rather wait until somebody else finds all the bugs first. Silver and black sounds good.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:17 PM
vicmar90

Jerry, welcome to the club. As Andrew stated, there aren't many people that we are aware of who have done any mods. to their cars here in CT. I am sure this will change in the spring. Andrew and I will be getting a CAI and I also hope to have an exhaust system installed in the spring.

Andrew, Jerry Rome Nissan (W. Springfield, MA) is holding a meet at their dealership in May. This info. was posted on the maxima.org site. It looks like there is going to be a big turnout of Maxima's. I put in a request about having 350Z's and I am sure they would love to have us there but am waiting for confirmation. I will keep you posted.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:32 AM
ctgoldwing

I live in the south end of town, quite close to the Hamden border off rt 42.
I would be interested in seeing what you guys end up with for exhaust & CAI's. The before & after dyno's are the test tho.

Jerry
Old 01-21-2003, 06:03 AM
JimmysZ

Originally posted by rouxeny
Hey, where in Cheshire? I live down the road in Hamden and I go up Whitney a fair amount.

I think I own the only performance mod mounted on any car from CT present on this board. Unfortunately, it's just a grounding kit. This MUST change by the coming of spring.

Victor, I'm very much in for the Ingen. I was holding off because of my dreams of FI, and that any intake I bought now I'd have to take off for that. But, like you, I'd rather wait until somebody else finds all the bugs first. Silver and black sounds good.
Hey Guys...

Have any of you heard about the AEM kit?.. is it any better than the INJEN kit for location of the filter for moisture issues?? I know AEM sells the bypass valve for their kit... are you guys going to install it on the INJENs if thats what you wind up getting??? I heard you should be able to use the AEMs bypass valve on the INJEN. Probably a good idea, for the added insurance.

Thanks...

Last edited by JimmysZ; 01-21-2003 at 06:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Who here is from Connecticut?