Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

What should I do in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006 | 09:08 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Default What should I do in NYC?

Hey, just sayin' what's up to the NE G members. I'm from Seattle, WA. Just came to NYC with my girl to hang out. We just got in Wed. and are staying with a friend in Manhattan.

Just wanted to say what's up to you guys and ask for some suggestions on some cool places to go? Stuff like good places to eat, good boutiques for my girl to shop at, or any other stuff that I shouldn't miss while in town. We don't really have any set plans...just making it up as we go along. Only plans are to see the Empire State Building, NYSE, and Central Park. Possibly the Knicks game on Sun., maybe Bungalow 8 Fri. night.

Today we got some unlimited Metro passes and went around chinatown, the financial district, and the fashion district. Saw a few stock Z's/G's, and one SB Z with clears and a front lip when we were walking around soho.
Old 03-16-2006 | 10:48 PM
CG 350Z

Hey sup Triple, nice and welcome to Manhattan . Hope your liking your trip so far. I'm from Manhattan as well, so i'm hoping your liking our BIG city hehe. Ya there are so many things to do while your here. Ummm one small recommendation I can give is to go on those red tour buses, ya they seem cheesy but they do a nice bit of traveling around the city. There are alot more I can give but just can't remember them right now considering it's about 3AM hehehe. Damn I want to go to the knicks game as well, ya they haven't been doing well at all, but for one thing you are guaranteed a show like no other when you watch a game there. Hope I can help you out with more things .

TSZ33
Chris
Old 03-17-2006 | 12:05 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

I went to NYC from VA about 5 times during last semester, had a blast every time! I enjoyed Central Park a lot. But if the Frying Pan (boat) is open right now, I have lots of fun there. My friend and I wandered onto it by chance one day and got to know the owner of the place and used it as our own lil spot to play ping pong and dance. Little Italy was very fun too. They let us go into the back kitchen and cook our own pasta! And of course, the bars are much fun! I'm sure you'll have a great time with such good company.

Old 03-17-2006 | 05:31 AM
ht4

I go to Manhattan for work all the time -- Do what I do: go to Scores!
Old 03-17-2006 | 07:47 AM
pearlcoupeg35

Canal Street is fun...

Times Square late at night is fun to walk around and just take it all in...

Tons of places to eat - i like Rothmans Steakhouse personally...but i havent tried too many others...

Old 03-17-2006 | 08:46 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Thanks for the recommendations...keep it coming!

Actually we did stop at Ground Zero for a few minutes yesterday, but it was too cold and windy for us to walk around to a good spot to look down at it. We'll try that another day. We walked along Canal Street too. We got there too late, so all the good replica stuff was already locked up. Guess we'll go back a bit earlier another day to check that out. We had tea at a pretty cool place in Little Tokyo yesterday too. Good news is that even though we shopped for about 4 hours in Soho yesterday, my girl couldn't find a single thing she like. !!!Whew!!!

Wanna know what's funny? I'm picking up a set of new Tokico D-Specs from a local guy while I'm here. Haven't figured out how I'm going to carry it around on the Subway and eventually to the airport yet
Old 03-17-2006 | 08:52 AM
Kabeetz

If u want a big time club experience check out spirit saturday nights..
if u want a great restaurant to go to check out Asia De Cuba or Tao... if u want something romantic check out The Ocean Grill it's on 70something and columbus avenue
espn zone in times square is great for a meal
mars 2112 in times square
If u're bored saturday morning or sunday morning head over to chelsea piers... every sport in the world and a world class gym u'll love it.
It's St. patrick's day so make sure u find an irish pub and go there tonight it should be pretty crazy. Anything on the east side, 1st or 2nd avenue bars should be nuts tonight.
Definitely go for a walk around central park and u'll probably really like the museum or natural history.

That's .001 of 1% of the great things to do in nyc.
Old 03-17-2006 | 08:53 AM
Kabeetz

if u go back near ground zero go to a store called century 21... designer clothes like 70-80% off... u gotta dig like crazy to find anything but it's worth it and it's all real.
Old 03-17-2006 | 09:50 AM
Sean

get a hot dog from Gray Papaya, not as good tasting as nathans, but it's more a thing to say you have done it.
see a play, the producers or Spamalot
top of the empire state building has an observatory
zoo in central park
NY has a couple museums
the Nobu is a japanese/american upscale resteraunt owned by robert dinero or something like that, one of the Iron chefs used to be the head cook there...since you are from the west cost it should be up your ally
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:04 AM
CG 350Z

Yup when you go to Chinatown again, for a cheap but good tasting meal, you have to hit either Hop Kee or Woo Hop, they look like low class eatery's but it's good stuff everyone goes there. But actually you can pretty much go anywhere in NYC and have good eats . And I do agree with that grays papaya, you hafta get the 2 dogs and a drink deal, you can't leave here without picking up one of those. When you leave to go back home and you get hungry for quick grub your definately going to think about it hehe. A broadway show is a MUST, there are so many good shows to see. If you want to see a big show check out Lion King (amazing set up), comedy: The Producers or Spamalot, the list goes on. So many things to do in our city here. Just make sure you got the cash for it . As for something for your gf a great set up for a day would be to start at central park and then you'll be able to stroll down 5th ave from there, she will find all her needs there. Good Luck and enjoy Triple lemme know if I can help out any more.

TSZ33
Chris
Old 03-17-2006 | 11:58 AM
rmesola

google tkts... if you're into plays its a great way to score cheap tickets... or better seats for the same price...
Old 03-17-2006 | 06:16 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Good info. guys, thanks! I actually did hit up Century 21 yesterday, before stopping by Ground Zero. Too big and too much stuff, so we were too tired to really look around too much. Ate at Virgil's BBQ in Times Square today...that really hit the spot. Getting ready right now to head over to Home in W. Chelsea.
Old 03-18-2006 | 09:43 AM
Ep3

Time SQ after 12 am .. south street sea port...for your girl 6th ave(of the Americas) fassion ave over there is good shopping for her but it cost mad $$$ over there if you like clubs/bars its better to hit up a directory of that stuff and find the type you like but theres 1000s umm i would try to eat at Sparks .. and Justins there is a **** load to do man circle line was ok.. could see a show on B way or drive up a lil farther and bring some good blow back to WA i duno man depends what your into
Old 03-19-2006 | 08:45 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Well, yesterday we checked out Central Park, the Guggenheim, and the Metropolitan. Might checkout Moma or the Natural Hist. museum today. Still have yet to see the Empire State Building though...
Old 03-21-2006 | 11:14 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Well just got back into Seattle tonight. Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate the suggestions! Def let us know if any of you ever head out here to our neck of the woods!
Old 03-22-2006 | 03:15 AM
JDMFairlady21

wow hope u enjoyed it bro... might def be round there sometime summer.
Old 03-22-2006 | 12:42 PM
CG 350Z

Wow your already back home? Damn seemed like a very short vacation, and it was as if just yesterday we were giving you suggestions on where to go in the city hehe. Anyway how did you and your gf enjoy your vacation here? I hope you enjoyed our little BIG city.

TSZ33
Chris
Old 03-22-2006 | 09:28 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

I was there for 7 days, so it was the longest vaca I've taken in quite awhile. Had a blast, and really got a feel for the city by finding our way around everywhere on foot and subway. Could've used a little less below freezing temps and wind though!