Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Had my PA Emissions today... No sniffer, no visual?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Silkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had my PA Emissions today... No sniffer, no visual?!

So, today I took the Z into get its yearly inspection and emissions testing. Last year I had no problems passing because I was unmodded, however since I have added some boltons, so I was a little worried. I held off on the test pipes because I thought they performed visual inspection and/or sniffer test last year.

They took my car in, checked all the normal safety stuff (brakes, tires, lighting, etc.). Then came emissions. I passed with ease and they did not visually check for catalytic converters. Nor did they perform a sniffer test at the rear mufflers. All they did was hook up OBD-II for about 5 secs and hooked up a gas cap pressurizer for about 10 seconds. No issues there.

I'm just wondering what gives? I was sure we had visual/sniffer inspection here, but I guess not?

I'm sure I could have passed with test pipes even as the OBD-II would more than likely not throw a code on my 03...

Who knows?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:00 AM
Silkk

The other thing I liked about the shop was that they inspected the car sans lift. They tried to pull the car onto their lifts and it would go on, but they were afraid it would not come off without pulling the front lip or something off. So, I pulled in a lift-less bay and they did everything they needed to do without a lift. Took a little longer, but was nice to not worry about the car!

Maybe this is why they passed on the visual inspection? Because it wasn't in the air?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:21 AM
cpttomasz

finally a local person... you ever down for cruisin hit me up
Old 04-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Silkk

hey man, definitely... i'm around most of the time somewhere between lancaster, york, harrisburg, and 30 mins north of those places...

definitely up for a cruise sometime.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No sniff in PA...yet