Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Zmazing03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. I have the final directions, just going to print a map out for me so I can make sure we don't get lost. Usually Speedracer leads but he won't be going this year. I shall lead the way this year since I have done the run all four times.

So far the weather is still looking good! 70-74* and partly cloudy.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Wardriver25

I CANT WAIT........lol
Old 09-27-2007, 02:41 AM
nicholasm617

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
Hey all. I have the final directions, just going to print a map out for me so I can make sure we don't get lost. Usually Speedracer leads but he won't be going this year. I shall lead the way this year since I have done the run all four times.

So far the weather is still looking good! 70-74* and partly cloudy.
who will take the spot of blocking traffic at turns and picking up the tail end of the group?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Zmazing03

who will take the spot of blocking traffic at turns and picking up the tail end of the group?
I will figure that out when we get there. Last year I only had to do that at one spot, other people volunteered at a few other places.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Zmazing03

A FEW POINTERS:

Make sure your car is 100% working condition:

- Tires/Lug/Pressure
- Coolant and Oil
- FULL TANK OF GAS
- Sleep Well

Trust me on the sleep, its a long day when you are cruising home and realize how worn out you are.

As for gas, FILL UP BEFORE YOU GET THERE. If you need to fill up there, there is a gas station down the road from the Basketball Hall of Fame, but we will NOT be waiting nor stopping there. Get gas and then be at the parking lot otherwise we will never get going and the roads will be crowded.

We don't have any gas stops along the way and unless you are coming from a pretty good distance, you should be fine on gas if you have a half tank when you get to the Basketball Hall of Fame. The run is about 100 miles total, and a half tank should definitely get you through that.

I cannot stress how important it is to be on time. Please be prompt. Every 10 mins you add to the later start time means more cars in front of us during the Run, which I am sure we don't want. We will not be waiting for people who are late. I do not want to inconvenience 30 people because 2 people are late, so please, leave earlier than you think you need to.

Barring a catergory 10 hurricane brewing up in Long Island Sound, the weather will be pristine so as of now we are most definitely GO for the run. Final notice will be up on Saturday night, but I highly doubt it won't be going on.

Get ready!!

Last edited by Zmazing03; 09-27-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:32 PM
OMEGA46

umm what time should I get the Basketball Hall of Fame? hehe JK
Old 09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Zmazing03

We leave the BHoF at 8:15 prompt. Anytime before that, preferably earlier than later. That I will leave up to you to decide. I'd say 7:45 would be good bet, or shoot for that as it gives you time if something comes up.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like I'll be there...just have to find a hotel for Saturday night
Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like I'll be there...just have to find a hotel for Saturday night
GREAT!! Then you will get to see my Z with the new yellow Stoptechs & Volks!! Final work being done tomorrow Saturday the 29th...yaah!!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AND.....I just might make it after all!!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:36 PM
nicholasm617

so im all set now
just finished doing my oil change on my car in my dress clothes and hiding it from my boss since i wasnt in my office lol
only thing i really wish i did was get my work's refinished but the guy was too busy!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Zmazing03

WE ARE OFFICIAL GO FOR NEMR IV!!!!

Little late, but you all knew it was going anyway. Weather is going to be awesome!!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 PM
G87z

Sweeet!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:32 AM
OMEGA46

wooo hoooooo LEAVING FOR THE FRAMINGHAM SPOT AT 6AM!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:21 AM
Mike_G

Default Damn !!!

Sorry If I held you guys up. I spit a belt leaving this morning.
Luckily It happened at the beggining of the run. Still left me with a few choice words!@#$%
Hope you all had fun
Mike
Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 AM
TheCajunStyle

WHAT HAPPENED???!!!

The police were detouring everyone off the road!!! I was near the end, so I U-turned immediately and high tailed it home. I did not want to be involved with them at all.

Some of you guys drove like complete a s s h o l e s. You were driving at 90+ mph, in the opposite lane, forcing oncoming traffic to dive in to the breakdown lane! Not cool at all. I'm very surprised no one got hurt. I'm assuming that because the police were involved (forcing everyone to turn off on to a small side road), things could NOT have been good...

Everything was going smoothly until all the reckless driving started...and then stopping IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. Wow. I've never been on the NE Mtn Run before... And if this is how it was in the past, I don't see how anyone has never hurt an innocent person. Call me a puss or whatever, but that **** needs to stay on a closed track.

Last edited by TheCajunStyle; 09-30-2007 at 11:43 AM. Reason: not state police, local police
Old 09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default People were freakin' nuts......that's what happened!!!

Where do I even begin!!!! At the last minute, I decide to come, and what what starts out great, turns into one headache after another.

Firstly, I don't know about the state police, but local police got a call about a large group of Nissans driving fast. A local officer pulled us into a large parking lot and spoke to us for a short while about what was going on. He was actually very reasonble and nice all things considered. Mind, you, at the time, I was in front and travelling at 37mph when he went by us, which was appropriate for the fact that we were in a more congested area.

They basically said that people around here weren't used to such a group of cars (speed was not really a topic of conversation) and that some local town folk got freaked out. He recommended that in the future, we simply call ahead and that they would even help stop other traffic so that the group could stay together. After that, they did, in fact stop traffic, and allowed the group to proceed as a group. Again, very cool.

Now....onto the driving. First, to address CajunStyle's question about past events, the answer is, NO!! The kind of supidity and wrecklessness that was present in this event was not there in the past. I have participated in this and other events like it many times in the past and while always a bit on the edge, I never experienced so much blatantly stupid and unsafe driving. While we always drove a fun pace, we weren't dangerous. People STAYED IN THE PACK. People STAYED IN THE CORRECT LANE. People KEPT SAFE FOLLOWING DISTANCES. People knew their own driving limits and limits of their vehicles. People slowed down in more congested areas. None of this happened this time. It was like Snakes on a Plane!!! People seemed to lose all sense of the fact that we were, in fact, on public roads. There were times to go faster, and times to slow it down. There is NEVER a time for life-threatening stupidity. Who was the freakin idiot in the Black G35, for instance, that pulled out of the pack and passed like 10 cars within the group and then wedged himself between me and Zmazing03. We were already going at a very good clip in a 50 mph zone. Sorry we weren't going fast enough for you dude!!! And why the hell was this guy 15 feet from my A$$. 50 feet would be reasonable.

And...what the f*ck was with all the burnouts. This isn't high school is it?

Part of the problem was the bigger crowd and people's seeming need to keep in a pack I think that made some people act stupidly. Other than that....I don't know. Maybe there was just too much hype and people became senseless. There was even a nice few lines written on the bottom of the directions about keeping your emotions in check. Obviously people thought it was a joke.

One thing was clear. Driving hard on country roads takes a level of judgement and sense that seemed to be absent in today's group for whatever reason. There are times things need to be dialed down, and that just didn't sem to be happening today.

And then there was the poor guy who blew his motor. Sorry dude, but FI with stock internals is a time bomb waiting to go off, especially when you push it. We should all thank AthensBlue for all the help he provided. I did stop on my way home and let the guy know that a call was put out, and his buddy was with him. Motor gone! Oil all over the road. Car Undriveable. Hey.....you're alive and in one piece.

I didn't make it to the end of the run myself. All the stops and delays chewed up precious time and I had to be home by 1:30. I hope those that went past Wilmington had a fun and safe time.

As for me, I was happy to get home and see my kids. I gave them both hugs and was glad I made it home in one piece.

I leave you all with these words to ponder. Yes, one can live on the edge, and it can be exciting to do so, but going over the edge will surely bring disaster. If and when one develops the sense and wisdom to know the difference, then and only then should the envelope be pushed.

Last edited by Speedracer; 09-30-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Mike_G

Loss for words here ... Hope you all make it home safe
Old 09-30-2007, 01:32 PM
tjones278794

I had a good time
Old 09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
OMEGA46

I had a good time also, but the driving on the wrong side of the road was stupid. That is something I didn't expect at all. Other then that, all was good and I would def go again, just hopefully less stupid moves on some drivers parts. Im home and safe, so I'm happy.

Quick Reply: Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th