Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Zmazing03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, all things considered, I am surprised nothing worse happened. We were going at a good clip, and we slowed down in residential zones -- except some people didn't get that, obviously. I don't know if it was one guy who thought he was cool and other people joined him, but some people got stupid. Really, WHY are people passing on double lines around blind turns, when we are already doing a good clip over the speed limit? You get the front, and then what .. you are about 100' in front of where you were. There is no reason for that. Also, some people need to stay back futher. None of you know the roads (I've gone four times and still don't know them well) well enough to travel 30' behind someone at speed. On the highway, fine, no turns or hard breaking -- but not on these roads. Keep a distance.

IF we do this again, and thats an IF, I surely hope certain people don't act like stupid kids that we all make fun of -- there was plenty of that type of driving going on.

BTW -- on the way back I just stopped at that resturant over looking the valley to get some RedBull (need to stay awake) and take a breather. After that I just cruised home and it was a peaceful drive.

Last edited by Zmazing03; 09-30-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 PM
noracer55

Well sorry to say I was one of the a$%holes making that guy go in the breakdown lane but nobody on the right was moving so I could get in, I just got carried away with the excitement and love for driving fast. I loved every min of this event I have never done that with cars before bikes yes. I thought it was funny as hell when that cop pulled us over to talk. That was a speech I shall never forget "town people called 911" come on people!! After getting onto 91 there was the state police looking for the a%$hole that was "pulling people over, stopping traffic, passing on the left in no pass zones, and blocking traffic at lights," so I guess people called on me and said it was my car, but after pulling me over and lecturing me all I got was "you can go now" THANK GOOD BYE and I left. anyways It was a blast thanks to all.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Zero+4

Had a good time guys, it was a little crazy at times but it was nice to meet some fellow Z & G enthusiasts, as they are few and far between in the sticks of NH.

Hope you all had a safe drive home!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
TheCajunStyle

Originally Posted by noracer55
Well sorry to say I was one of the a$%holes making that guy go in the breakdown lane but nobody on the right was moving so I could get in, I just got carried away with the excitement and love for driving fast. I loved every min of this event I have never done that with cars before bikes yes. I thought it was funny as hell when that cop pulled us over to talk. That was a speech I shall never forget "town people called 911" come on people!! After getting onto 91 there was the state police looking for the a%$hole that was "pulling people over, stopping traffic, passing on the left in no pass zones, and blocking traffic at lights," so I guess people called on me and said it was my car, but after pulling me over and lecturing me all I got was "you can go now" THANK GOOD BYE and I left. anyways It was a blast thanks to all.

You know, there's a lot that I'd like to say to this poster, but what's the point? I'm glad you realize what you did. Living is learning. Just don't ever forget about the others on the road around you.

Happy driving!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:16 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i remember the last run, and how bad people were tailgating me and passing on inappropriate places.... We also had the ladies at one of the stores come outside to yell at us for speeding..... The run does get out of hand and needs to be cut back a little in order for it to remain safe, fun and legal.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:21 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Had a great time guys! Fun as hell, except for the few set backs. I guess that should be expected. Hope there is another one sometime soon, but I guess we gotta wait till spring Glad to be home thats a long @ss ride!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:23 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to hear things turned out the way they did. I actually got a little excited myself when coming out of the BHOF to go to the gas station. There was no one near me and suffice to say I punched it a little harder than I wanted to. Believe me I got an earful from my wife for that one.

We actually drove with the group for a little while but we turned back before actually getting to the mountain run so we were not witnesses to all that transpired during that part of the run.

I will say that it was awesome seeing all of the cars come out of the parking lot and the highway drive on I-91 was a blast.

I feel bad for the person that blew their engine but I'm glad to hear that everyone made it home safely.

Instead of looking at the negative side of things I will look at the positive. I've been involved in Z and G events for almost 5 years now and I've only had positive experiences over this time. Hopefully something was learned here as I know that for the most part the Z and G community is made of quality people.

Here are some pics. that we took. Hope you enjoy them.
Attached Thumbnails Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-d.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-c.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-f.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-a.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-b.jpg  

Old 09-30-2007, 04:25 PM
vics350

Some more pics:
Attached Thumbnails Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-e.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-g.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-h.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-i.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-j.jpg  

Old 09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
vics350

More pics:
Attached Thumbnails Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-k.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-l.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-m.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-n.jpg   Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th-o.jpg  

Old 09-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Zmazing03

Instead of looking at the negative side of things I will look at the positive. I've been involved in Z and G events for almost 5 years now and I've only had positive experiences over this time.
I've only been around for about 1.5 years now, but this is the first time I was really bothered by some things. But I agree with you, 99% of the crowd is pretty chill -- sometimes people do get out of hand.

Thanks for the pics!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:14 PM
blackfairlady

Yes thanks for the pics vics350!!

In regard to The Run...I have mixed feelings, as well. I hung in the back the entire time with luvZcar (aka Jason aka the lone LeMans), that way I could open it up when I felt comfortable to do so, and could go slowly if I so desired. My heart did jump especially when I saw the daredevil pass despite oncoming traffic. Overall, my personal experience was wonderful. The sights were gorgeous. I'd love to do something like this again with control lol

GREAT JOB MIKE!

Last edited by blackfairlady; 09-30-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:44 PM
cliffordrican

the girls in the g had drivin issues lol wit like 4 people she even did a mini drift on one i was the 06 ss with the invidia exhaust and a monkey in the car from ny ny i just got home 942 PM lol traffic sux yea that supercharged g and twin turbo z kept passing everyone then at the second stop i steped on dog crap and every one ran to the cars so i ran and jumped into the car with crap on the shoe lol
Old 09-30-2007, 06:00 PM
OMEGA46

Old 09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
OMEGA46

With a little more control, today would have been perfect, I can't wait for the next time!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Speedracer

Originally Posted by noracer55
..... I just got carried away with the excitement and love for driving fast......
And it is exactly this "getting carried away" that leads to trouble. Sure we had fun. I did too, but it was over the edge enough times that the fun was ruined by the fear of impending disaster. There is a "good" fear like when you are coming into a tight corner at speed while still in control of your car, and there is a "bad" fear like when the numbskull behind you is only 15 feet back at 75mph on a twisty road.

There will always be the isolated semi-stupid move in an event like this, but not so bad and by a number of different people.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

^^^ thank you for the posting great shots!!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:23 PM
OMEGA46

I'm sure the lesson has been learned, some more structure and everyone should be OK. Let's not focus on only the bad. The point has been made, let's not .
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by trodis
^^^ thank you for the posting great shots!!

No Prob!!!! Next week is the R.I. Show
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Ri ??
Old 09-30-2007, 06:25 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
I'm sure the lesson has been learned, some more structure and everyone should be OK. Let's not focus on only the bad. The point has been made, let's not .

Quick Reply: Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th