Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
blackfairlady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Adam, what kind of exhaust is on your car? I looked underneath, but couldn't read the stamped lettering. I love the look of the Nismo, but I feel like the tips could be a little larger in diameter. Yours looks perfect.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blackfairlady
Hey Adam, what kind of exhaust is on your car? I looked underneath, but couldn't read the stamped lettering. I love the look of the Nismo, but I feel like the tips could be a little larger in diameter. Yours looks perfect.
thanks man - mine is the Fujitsubo Titanium. The normal stainless version is the same, though the rolled edge is a bit narrower (and the exhaust is lot more reasonably priced!)

Ti (what's on my car now)

Fujitsubo Stainless:

Old 10-01-2007, 12:42 PM
blackfairlady

Keeping with the $trend$ of every other mod on you car, I knew it was something nice. Since it's a fujitsubo, that's obviously why it looks Nismo-esque. I am so used to seeing the non-Ti I guess with the narrower tips that I didn't recognize yours. I love how soft the lines are of the thicker Ti tips. By the way, how many exhausts have you had on your car? Hasn't it been at least a few?

Not surprising, but you've got my vote for the nicest Z on the run

For the G guys, I loved the look of Jerome's...definitely my taste as it was not too over the top.

Last edited by blackfairlady; 10-01-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

thanks for the compliment!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
ct06g35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya Jerome's time attacks were sick
Old 10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
nicholasm617

for the record not all got pulled over, alot turned around, and only a few got away.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
luvZcar

well all, got to say it was my first run and my wife was with me and I know I was bring up the rear in the pack,but I had a good time kept it safe and reasonable, I did push my car hard from time to time and really got a chance to see what this car can do on little twisty roads.It was great to see so many Z's and G's there, some really awsome looking cars and great people, man I think I won't ever forget the look on my wifes face when she looked at me in the beginning and said "and I thought you drove fast these guys are crazy" for the first part of the run she was trying to talk to me as if we were just driving alone on any other day, then she finally started taking pics and i could focus on driving I think she got the hint that i really wanted to focus on the run and driving it hard and was having a hard time with her talking to me,(not blaming her for me being a wuss but I did not want to see me hurt her or something stupid like that)as I learned the cars limits I seemed to drive a little harder though and loveed it,but all and all we both had a great time ,would deffinatly do this again and would bring her ofcourse she keeps me safe, THANKS TO ZMAZING although your a boston fan(blaaaa) you said you go to NY when boston comes to town lets hit up a game sometime in the future I think it could be a good time AND I'll buy the first round of beers
Old 10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Speedracer

Okay, so I learned a few things too about a drive like this when it gets bigger. Honestly, if we were 15 cars, I don't think local town folk would have cared. Likewise, if we were 15 cars, it would have been much easier to stay together and yet maintain safe following distances so there may have not been as much craziness.

Also, if people had gotten to the starting point slightly ahead of time as was recommended, we could have gone over the issues that arise with such a large group. It seems that no matter how much we emphasize this, people insist on showing up at the last minute. Why do you do this?

There will be another event. It will be next summer in mid-late June when the days are the longest. It will be a TWO DAY EVENT so plan for it. The idea is to head up one day deep into the mountains, then be able to hit the roads at like 5:30 am when they will be completely empty and when most everyone else will still be sleeping and won't be bothered.

That being said, the plan will be for several different "packs" of cars with leaders for each pack.

However....... safety HAS TO be a prime consideration. Anyone deemed by the event organizers to be driving wrecklessly will be asked to leave the caravan. We will post some more specific guidelines on this, but it is necessary.

Anyway, I'm glad in the end we avoided any disasters. I'm glad people had an awesome time. That's why we do this, after all. I don't want to be a kill-joy, I just want everyone to realize that some of the moves people pulled could have ended in a disaster.

Til next time.....

SR
Old 10-01-2007, 02:55 PM
nicholasm617

Originally Posted by Speedracer
Okay, so I learned a few things too about a drive like this when it gets bigger. Honestly, if we were 15 cars, I don't think local town folk would have cared. Likewise, if we were 15 cars, it would have been much easier to stay together and yet maintain safe following distances so there may have not been as much craziness.

Also, if people had gotten to the starting point slightly ahead of time as was recommended, we could have gone over the issues that arise with such a large group. It seems that no matter how much we emphasize this, people insist on showing up at the last minute. Why do you do this?

There will be another event. It will be next summer in mid-late June when the days are the longest. It will be a TWO DAY EVENT so plan for it. The idea is to head up one day deep into the mountains, then be able to hit the roads at like 5:30 am when they will be completely empty and when most everyone else will still be sleeping and won't be bothered.
That being said, the plan will be for several different "packs" of cars with leaders for each pack.

However....... safety HAS TO be a prime consideration. Anyone deemed by the event organizers to be driving wrecklessly will be asked to leave the caravan. We will post some more specific guidelines on this, but it is necessary.

Anyway, I'm glad in the end we avoided any disasters. I'm glad people had an awesome time. That's why we do this, after all. I don't want to be a kill-joy, I just want everyone to realize that some of the moves people pulled could have ended in a disaster.

Til next time.....

SR
sounds interesting, care to elaborate on what each day would consist of?
we would meet up the first day in order to be together ahead of time for the driving next day?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Zmazing03

sounds interesting, care to elaborate on what each day would consist of?
we would meet up the first day in order to be together ahead of time for the driving next day?
We've got a long way to go and the planning will take time for something like this. I wouldn't worry about details just yet, we are 8 months out.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Speedracer

Til next time.....

SR
I'm there!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:07 PM
AthensBlueG

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
So let me get this strait, we had interactions with the MA State Police three times today? Once at the school where we all had to pull over, then I saw someone in I-91 pulled over, and apparently someone else got nailed at McD's somewhere?

Damn lol. And NONE of us got a ticket.
Two people got tickets. I got one on the way to the Framingham, MA rest stop on the Mass Pike, where we were meeting for a caravan location at 7AM.
Someone else got one near the Basketball Hall of Fame...he was 5 miles behind us and trying to catch up.
We both got nailed for 100mph, but the Troopers wrote it up as 95mph in each instance. I wonder why?

It's my first ticket in 2 years, and 1st in the G. At least Omega got a pic of it for me, cause I purposely pulled right into the rest stop so you guys could watch. haha
Old 10-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Mike_G

Default Cool

A 2 day event could be awsome... Will this be strictly Vermont mountains or some other areas ? I know the White mountains in New Hampshire Have some Great roads.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:31 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

2 day event would be great! We would need to make hotel arrangements way ahead of time. I have pull in Marriotts (Gold) and Hiltons (Diamond Status). The earlier we can get reservations and and explain on how many and that its an event they will usually give discounted rates. I used to work at a marriott for 4 years while going to school. Let me know if you need any help in doing so (sp and amaz)
Old 10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Two people got tickets. I got one on the way to the Framingham, MA rest stop on the Mass Pike, where we were meeting for a caravan location at 7AM.
Someone else got one near the Basketball Hall of Fame...he was 5 miles behind us and trying to catch up.
We both got nailed for 100mph, but the Troopers wrote it up as 95mph in each instance. I wonder why?

It's my first ticket in 2 years, and 1st in the G. At least Omega got a pic of it for me, cause I purposely pulled right into the rest stop so you guys could watch. haha

That was some funny s*it
Old 10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
cliffordrican

i was saying it to my friend in my car sun that a 2 day run would be sick we can all go up there party at like applebees or sumthing then hit the mountains lol that would be hot im sooooo there but insted of a guy friend ill bring a gal lol
Old 10-01-2007, 04:53 PM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by AthensBlueG

I saw you pull in and m first thought was " awww look he brought a friend"

Then I see Brian poke his head out making the "take a pic!!!" symbol lol nice
Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by trodis
2 day event would be great! We would need to make hotel arrangements way ahead of time. I have pull in Marriotts (Gold) and Hiltons (Diamond Status). The earlier we can get reservations and and explain on how many and that its an event they will usually give discounted rates. I used to work at a marriott for 4 years while going to school. Let me know if you need any help in doing so (sp and amaz)

A (2) day event would be a great, but planning hotels and setting some guidelines would best if we started early. I had an idea of maybe doing a small rally, head towards the mountains in VT, then perhaps a second location in NH somewhere. So start in Springfield, head to VT, chill there for the day, party whatever, stay the night, head to NH at dawn and end at another hotel for lunch/dinner, some could stay, others could head home if they had to work. (if we make it a sat and sun) A few musts though:

- 25 miles Wakie Talkies with set freq's for each pack

- Quick and brisk driving, but none of the "wrong side of the road, make others veer into the shoulder" stuff.

- Packs grouped by comfort level
Pack (1) Brisk
Pack (2) Quick and Fast
Pack (3) Whoa Baby

Set check points to regroup and make sure everyone is ok and cars are good

None of the random **** breaks

Set check points in scenic locations for group pics (most of our Team has amazing cams)

Organizers and Pack Leaders (perhaps a pair of leaders per pack) should "pre - run" the route so on night 1 we could have drivers meeting highlighting certain areas of caution.

Those are just a few of my idea's, I'm willing to help out in anyway I can. Now that this Team is growing very quickly and each of us have great cars with lots invested, lets throughly plan every detail we can. This was one of the best events I have ever attended, and I can't even imagine how amazing the next one is going to be with 8 months of planning!!! it wont get here fast enough

Last edited by OMEGA46; 10-01-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

^^-----agreed

We should start a planning thread and make it a sticky with ideas and planning status.

--on a side note, with all of us meeting up and getting to know each other another good sticky thread would be a "weekend cruises, signup, in the area and looking to have some ppl to cruse with, whose avalible thread" that way we can stay in touch and still enjoy our Z's on a smaller scale. Just a thought

Last edited by trodis; 10-01-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM
OMEGA46

Just no posting of locations, hotels, routes publicly. PM hotels, or perhaps have organizers book it after collecting $$$.

Quick Reply: Northeast Mountain Run IV: Sept 30th