Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

what happened to TSZ33?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 11-19-2007, 01:10 PM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe maintenance? If permanent, well...because the forum was terrible, quite frankly. And no one ever visited it. There wasn't even a General discussion forum. Just very poorly organized.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are looking for a tri state area Z/G overall Nissan enthusiast club + awesome forum go here:

www.projectforwardmotion.com

great site (and we have games to boot!)

...and sorry for the plug
Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 PM
jrotaryb

The owners of the site got tired of the childish element on there, and trying to think of how to recast the site.

The site frankly had alot of traffic, alot of local members, and all of it was done simply by word of mouth, no marketing at all (since it wasn't a for profit site), but like any internet forum, when it gets to a size, you get an element you didn't intend for and don't want.

And thank god there wasn't a general forum section....that's the kind of off topic ******** no one wanted in the first place

So, we'll see what happens - I know the owners of the site, and I know from talking to 'em this weekend that they are trying to figure out the best way to move forward. That either will be by relaunching the site and simply elminating those unwanted people, or, recasting the site in a different direction, to be non Z specific, with a membership base made up of area car enthusiasts and owners with a wide range of vehicles, but with a tech heavy content.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
rxkevin

I really do not blame Adam at all. I mean I might come off sounding like a ball hanger of Adam's, but personally I got tired of that site as well.

For myself, I read forums for entertainment, education, and to just talk about cars. The forums went from very educational to really about a bunch of nothing. Be it that my knowledge since when I first purchased the car till now has grown, there is always something new to learn.

I had a few complaints about TSZ33 forums, but it was still entertaining to read. Really sad to see it go down, but it will be back for sure
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 PM
CG 350Z

Ya it sucks that the site was down because it was how all of us local guys kept in touch and to tell you the truth we all bonded together through TSZ33. Yes understandable it is supposed to be a knowledge based learning experience site, but it also becomes a brotherhood of some sort for the guys that get together every weds. But as with anything as something grows with alot of different personalities arguments will arise no matter where you go.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Zmazing03

TSZ33 never showed up to meet they said they would anyway. Three times they said they were coming to the Mountain Run, I think five of them showed up once. That doesn't really help your image. I moved the location to accommodate all because we were expecting fifteen of them (or so they said), and five showed up. That really didn't give me a reason to visit their site. There is too many of them and they need to get more organized and cut down the member base to keep more in touch, from what I have seen.

It doesn't help that at the meets they DID show up to, if you weren't part of them no one would said a word to you.

Last edited by Zmazing03; 11-19-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Mid117

TSZ33 was awesome when we first started it, only about 10 guys.....now it's out of control, it's not the same as it used to be(2 people crashed their Z's in 1 night), hence me rarely showing up to meets.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:54 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
TSZ33 never showed up to meet they said they would anyway. Three times they said they were coming to the Mountain Run, I think five of them showed up once. That doesn't really help your image. I moved the location to accommodate all because we were expecting fifteen of them (or so they said), and five showed up. That really didn't give me a reason to visit their site. There is too many of them and they need to get more organized and cut down the member base to keep more in touch, from what I have seen.

It doesn't help that at the meets they DID show up to, if you weren't part of them no one would said a word to you.
Hey I showed up, and had lunch with a bunch of people whom I had no idea who they were It was an awesome time, but yes I agree, a big let down that those who said they would come, didn't.

It was great in the beginning, it went downhill in a BIG way as people tried turning it into another my350z drama fest, with all the maturity of romper room. It simply got too big, too quickly

We'll see what happens...either we'll weed out the undesirables, or simply let it go - I haven't decided yet
Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
rxkevin

Originally Posted by Mid117
TSZ33 was awesome when we first started it, only about 10 guys.....now it's out of control, it's not the same as it used to be(2 people crashed their Z's in 1 night), hence me rarely showing up to meets.
I completely agree with this. I find it completely tasteless when people do burnouts, donuts etc with a bunch of people around. It is really one thing to do it when no one can get hurt, but why do it to put others in danger and worst get others in trouble with the law.

If it wasn't on purpose... then I further want to stay away from them.

I suppose I should take the only decals I have off my car and replace them with Brides =)
Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
IMAFUKINRIDER

reguardless of there being a site or not

the wednesday meets are still being held

all are welcome same as always ..

if you wish to distance yourself from it

so be it .........

well talk about the site another day ...
Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 AM
gchoi78

DAMN!!!
I have missed alot.
All I know is that when I frist started coming there (fall of '06) I had a great time. Going from VS to DD and then meeting up with the Evo and STI crowd.
That group was the best and knew how to control themselves and think about other people.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 AM
NoahzBurnt

i remember the good days...a few enthusiasts who behaved like adults (i think I was one of the first few members)...we all know my stance on the behavior of some member's driving habits and the lack of concern for saftery kept me out of meets for some time now....

I'm down for teh pack of adults who take great pride in their cars and the safety of others...and will gladly be a parts of any group that awards members who behave responsibly
Old 11-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Mike_G

Maybe thats the Impression you got ...
I spoke with Adam at the start of the last run. HE Busted his @$$ to get the car done and get there...not to mention minimal sleep. Also the previous run I think his name was Adrian (Yellow Z) He was cool...
When groups get that size you dont have time to be personable with each
Individual
You would of been short alot of cars IF, we had left on time the last run.
Without getting too deep into this I'll leave it at that
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 AM
z350boy
Banned

I have been a member of TSZ33 for the last two years. The club has grown from the 7 guys to 60+ active members and 100's of online members. Many of the people in the club have formed friendships that go beyond our love for the "Z". Any group that experiences growth will have issues. Not everyone will "click", and to be honest their are people from all age groups, education & income levels that attend the meets and functions we have.

The website was intended to provide club members with a place to discuss and plan events and activities, access to technical information, member to member private sales, and vendor product and sale information. A place for intelligent discourse. Some people may feel the admin is sometimes harsh in closing threads and constanly informing people of site rules, but THAT IS WHAT AN ADMIN DOES. Monitoring the site is good business sense, because THE SITE IS THE ADMIN'S RESPONSIBILIY. He could be subject to prosecution if he is negligent. And is he wrong to want to have a high standard and try to keep the site to these standards?? If people want drama then forums like this one are the perfect place to congregate.

It is only natural that as people get to know each other they bond and become a sort of family. And we all know EVERY family has problems. What concerns me is that a family should deal with their problems PRIVATELY and in the best interest of the club and the members. If they cannot come to a "meeting of the minds" then they should ask for intervention from senior members of the group. We don't NEED and don't WANT to have our "dirty laundry" aired for public consumption. If the admin decides to continue the site we may need to be more selective about who we associate with. Reckless behaviour is an open invitation to harassment from local authorities and should be avoided like the plague!!! The TSZ33 badge Must be a badge of honor NOT a source of ridicule. When guys are out in the public eye they are noticed because of the type of vehicle they drive and the club stickers on their window. Anything they do wrong WILL be noticed both by the general public and the police and will create a reputation that follows ALL of us.

To those who talk about how many TSZ33 members show up for events remember that everyone has obligations & responsibilities; members participate as their schedule allows. Alot of the guys are still in college and have to prioritize their time. As for myself I enjoy going on cruises such as the Mountain Run. I try to schedule time to participate as much as possible.

The direction I would like to see us go in is one of having a group of dedicated, fun loving, mature & responsible members who enjoy each others company and passion for everything "Z" related. A group that contributes to our community, participates in events with the community and local police, AND is a positive example of the automotive scene.

TO ALL TSZ33 MEMBERS: PLEASE USE THIS SECTION OF MY350Z TO COMMUNICATE AND PLAN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!!!

BTW: Club meet 9pm at VS; please attend as I would have several topcis I would like to discuss.

Last edited by z350boy; 11-21-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 AM
z350boy
Banned

Quote:

I am really sorry if that is the impression you got. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have the Yellow Z , my name is Adrian but everyone calls me "pops". I REALLY missed not going to the last Mountain Run but my car was not finished till after midnite :-( ( BBK & Volk's!! ftw). When I went in May I meet a bunch of great guys!! Didn't meet EVERYONE, but enjoyed meeting those that I did. I think some guys make the club thing into a competition to see whose club is bigger, has more F/I cars etc. IMHO clubs should be a way for people to connect with other gearheads. And when different clubs join up for a cruise or other event THAT is what it's all about!!! If I haven't met you yet ( I'm bad with names but great with faces!!) I hope to see you when there are future events!! NUFF said
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Maybe maintenance? If permanent, well...because the forum was terrible, quite frankly. And no one ever visited it. There wasn't even a General discussion forum. Just very poorly organized.

OBVIOUSLY you were not a regular to the site!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Hey I showed up, and had lunch with a bunch of people whom I had no idea who they were It was an awesome time, but yes I agree, a big let down that those who said they would come, didn't.

It was great in the beginning, it went downhill in a BIG way as people tried turning it into another my350z drama fest, with all the maturity of romper room. It simply got too big, too quickly

We'll see what happens...either we'll weed out the undesirables, or simply let it go - I haven't decided yet
Adam...I think given the choice the overwhelming consensus will be...WEED THEM OUT....WEED THEM OUT....WEED THEM OUT!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Mike_G

Dam Adrian Take deep breaths.... <jk>
Adam, I agree weed em out !!
I lurked alot on TSZ33. I wish the group was a little closer location wise.
The active TSZ33 members did their best to keep it a class act. It would be unfortuate, If a select few succeed and ruin it for a group of enthusiast...

Quick Reply: what happened to TSZ33?