Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 05:24 PM
linxjb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nissan 46 - Mixed review. Got a decent deal no hazzle from sales, finance tried to hit me for a point higher than agreed on when I went to pick the car up, made em eat it. Car was delivered with low tire pressure and the salesperson told me the wrong tire pressure, no owners manual, or service book when delivered. Brought the car in to have the grease streaks fixed. Had to tell them about the TSB, took three trips, but they fixed the problem. Not sure I will trust them with anything major.

Autotech Nissan in Manhatten have had excellent service from them over the years. Would have bought the car from them if weren't for availability.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:17 PM
brgerflipr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darcars Nissan in Gaithersburg, Md. A new dealership and an absolute three ring circus act. Bad, pushy salesmen, even worse sales manager. Service department is ok, body shop is horrible. I only bought from this dealership because a good friend got a job there as a salesmen. I got a great deal, but even HE told me himself not to ever get any kind of service done there. He has since quit, and maybe they've gotten their act together, though I highly doubt it. Be careful either way.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:51 PM
2003z33

Default Re: Carmax Whitemarsh in MD

Originally posted by kbomb
THUMBS DOWN to Passport Nissan Marlow Heights. talked to salesguy on the phone and laid out the price CARMAX was giving me. explained can he beat it and his reply was to come in. came in nex day 930 am and test drove the car. had my bro tried it too. Then the game was on. Everything you've read is all true here. Sure he was very courteous but everything is shame. I was looking to get a 2004 Base. Price ballooned up to 32K. So nice of him to reduce to to 29K. then after my 6k downpayment, the price was only 23K. This is without destination+tags+title.
Offered 26K and got a big X on my offer from finance guy. Kept going on how Carmax is not fully equipped dealer and service.
Finally after 10+ minutes of him yapping.. left without resorting to drastic actions.

I drove from virginia and they pulled the same **** with me. told me to come in after we had discussed everything over the phone and bam, the big bad X..I second the THUMBS DOWN
Old 10-27-2003, 08:19 AM
hobbins

Default Harte and Napoli in CT

Watch out at Napoli in Milford. They don't deal as well as others and they screwed up my order. Eventually cancelled and went to Harte.

My salesman was clueless but working with his boss I got significant savings below MSRP. The salesman screwed up my request (literally) to not put on the front license bracket but most everything else was pretty good. Never been back but my free oil change is coming up so maybe I'll report in again?
Old 10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
gmoorjr

Knight's Nissan in W.Warwick, R.I. is a relativly small family- run business who gave me excellent service, information and a good price on my trade. Tried Norwood Nissan and they kept trying to get me to buy the 03 instead of an 04.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Norris Acura/Nissan in Ellicott City MD. My salesman was very nice, my sister has bought 2 RSX's next door even nicer at Acura, my dad bought an MDX there. Anyways...the sales guy was nice, the service department is kinda slow, they are always busy but they do get the job done. I have had many things fixed under warranty most without questions asked. I just recently had my tranny replaced at 22K and I have i/e/plenum and they didnt try pulling the "oh you race your car" act so I liked that. I would go to them, just be firm with the service dept. and you'll be ok.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:24 PM
pices312

Ndriver says that the service department at Smithtown wasn't friendly? I have been dealing with them since 1990 and my experiences are the total opposite. I have been given a loaner car on a number of occasions and I have found them to be both friendly and professional. I guess everyone has a perception and definition of friendly.
One man's opinion.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:51 AM
sbosco0015

Has anyone gone to Lynnes Nissan, I have dealt with Lynnes subaru in the past and I can't recommend them for any service or purchse. Wondering if there is any relation? Also Nissan 46 has had nightmarish stories in the Mitsubishi side, decepted my friends parents but they got lucky by catching the problem which was a contract for a top of the line lancer and they almost ended up taking home a base model. They threatened to call the better business bureau. Got 3k knocked off the previous price so it was like paying for a base model but receiving a top of the line. Which was the opposite of what the dealership was trying to do.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:31 PM
fanatic6711

Don't go to Acme Nissan in South Brunswick, NJ. They scratched my car when I dropped it off for them to fix a rattle on the strut tower (which two two ****ing days!). Ended up filing two complains against them to NNA. Not like they care....

I take my car to Freehold Nissan on RT 9 and highly recommend their service and the sales guys.... Dave especially!
Old 12-14-2003, 07:24 PM
digger

Default Re: Carmax Whitemarsh in MD

Originally posted by kbomb
THUMBS DOWN to Passport Nissan Marlow Heights. talked to salesguy on the phone and laid out the price CARMAX was giving me. explained can he beat it and his reply was to come in. came in nex day 930 am and test drove the car. had my bro tried it too. Then the game was on. Everything you've read is all true here. Sure he was very courteous but everything is shame. I was looking to get a 2004 Base. Price ballooned up to 32K. So nice of him to reduce to to 29K. then after my 6k downpayment, the price was only 23K. This is without destination+tags+title.
Offered 26K and got a big X on my offer from finance guy. Kept going on how Carmax is not fully equipped dealer and service.
Finally after 10+ minutes of him yapping.. left without resorting to drastic actions.

Went to Carmax, saw the no haggle price and model I want. car had only 5mi on it. I added all the rest way home. the salesman was alright. His lucky day that I came in. DONT buy extended warranty!!! can buy later anytime.

Going to come in friday to fix my bumper with the lisc plate holes.
Never asked them to put it on so we'll see.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:30 PM
digger

I agree Passport sucks.

They tried to sell me a 2003 Enthusiast model with 9200 miles for 26,500. Then when I talked to the finance lady she indicated I would have to put down $3000 with a 7.9% intrest rate. Now keep in mind that I have excellent credit. So I walked.

Two days later I went to Sheehy Nissan in Manasses and found a 2003 Silverstone touring model 6mt with 7400 miles for $2700. They did 100% financing with no money down. I was driving home 2 hrs later.

PASSPORT sucks!!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:02 AM
mdmike

Thumbs up Herb Gordon Nissan

I picked up my 03 Brickyard from Herb Gordon Nissan in Silver Spring (really Columbia if you ask me) and I must say they are one of the best out there. Services was incredible and the knowledge of the sales staff was excellent.

Last edited by mdmike; 01-05-2004 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:03 PM
y0shi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went to three different dealer before i bought my Z (new jersey, middlesex)

1) Sommerset Nissan (rt22), i had some short asian lady saleswoman come up to me... talking her jargan, i asked for a price quote, 29880 for an 2004 enthuz... well being that she is a "dealer" i tried to deal with her... i asked if the price can be dropped a lil, she was like 'no'... not a very good dealer... defently a thumbs down.

2). Hillside Nissan (rt22), they were okay.. i give them 5 outa 10 stars...

3)Sansone's Auto Mall (rt1) they were okay too... but price

4) East Coast Nissan(rt22) they were above average.. the saleman wasn't pushy.. and took time to explain everything...7 outa 10.. i have not recieved my car yet, cuz it take 8-12 months to order one and have it shipped here... ofcourse i don't know how good their service shop is... if you are thinking about going to East Coast Nissan ask for Vittori... they give me an okay price..
Old 01-21-2004, 08:42 AM
sbosco0015

Default why the wait?

Originally posted by y0shi
i went to three different dealer before i bought my Z (new jersey, middlesex)

1) Sommerset Nissan (rt22), i had some short asian lady saleswoman come up to me... talking her jargan, i asked for a price quote, 29880 for an 2004 enthuz... well being that she is a "dealer" i tried to deal with her... i asked if the price can be dropped a lil, she was like 'no'... not a very good dealer... defently a thumbs down.

2). Hillside Nissan (rt22), they were okay.. i give them 5 outa 10 stars...

3)Sansone's Auto Mall (rt1) they were okay too... but price

4) East Coast Nissan(rt22) they were above average.. the saleman wasn't pushy.. and took time to explain everything...7 outa 10.. i have not recieved my car yet, cuz it take 8-12 months to order one and have it shipped here... ofcourse i don't know how good their service shop is... if you are thinking about going to East Coast Nissan ask for Vittori... they give me an okay price..

What model did you order that it will take such a long time to arrive; was it something out of the ordinary?
Old 02-01-2004, 08:26 AM
jhchan

Quirk Nissan in Quincy, MA seems to be good so far for simple service. I have brought my 2004 Z there and 2000 Sentra there for oil changes, brakes and service intervals. No problems so far except they raped me on a brake job Typical dealership price. I don't have the tools or skills to do it myself (although would love to learn at a meet hehehe)
Old 02-14-2004, 04:52 AM
Meret

Angry

Info: Stay away from Tischer Nissan in Laurel, Maryland!
They would not address TSB # 87 regarding Bose amplifier even when showing them that # 87 covered my VIN #. Even though I referenced # 87 when making the initial appointment and post arriving at the appointment, they came out with a copy of TSB # 86 and said my VIN was not covered. What a load! They played stupid to get out of performing the service. I then took TSB # 87 to another dealer (DARCARS). They ordered the amp without any difficulty and I will have it installed soon.

Also, I'm finding that some dealerships do not seem to know the difference between a recall and a TSB (Again, playing stupid). They'll run a check on the vehicle and say, congrat's there are no recalls on your car. I then have to say, I'm not here to address a recall but a TSB. It's only when one shows them a copy of the TSB that they'll address the problem.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:45 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down STAY FAR AWAY!

*Legend Nissan of Syosset, New York!

After "placing orders" and waitinng 2 1/2 months for not one, BUT two Nissan vehicles, these creeps tried their best to pull off the old car game of bait and switch. When they finally decided to call me regarding the 1st order (Altima). The vehicle that they showed us was NOT the vehicle expressed on our original sales sheet. They claimed that they just couldn't locate the right color or a vehicle with our desired options. "But Hey, isn't she a real beauty though?"

On the second pre-ordered vehicle (350Z) - I was told - (are you ready for this BS?) - that car was allegedly delivered to the wrong dealership...... IN THE WRONG STATE. (whoa, .....pretty creative story, right?) BUT wait....... if I was willing to immediately have this car INSURED and then sign a waiver stating that I was made aware that the vehicle had approximately 350 miles on the odometer - they would send a salesman to pick the car up and 'DRIVE' it all the way back to their dealership on the following day. Wasn't that I nice gesture on their part?

I'm glad that I saved copies of that documentation. Seeing is believing - (in this case) - the unbelievable.

Their 'honest' slogan should read:
"We make buying & servicing your Nissan the worst auto nightmare you've ever had."

btw: To ndriver, .....I finally DID purchase my 350Z. However, I bought it at 'Smithtown Nissan'. The salesman, Dan Z. sold me my car. He WAS indeed helpful, friendly, very knowledgeable and most accommodating. What MORE could you want?

Last edited by frankmusic; 02-14-2004 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:20 AM
y0shi

black enthuz... still waiting for it to arrive... they didn't have my car, they told me that they can search other dealerships inv for the car i wanted and if they found it, it can be delivered (driven to east coast nissan). i didn't want some guy i don't know driving my new Z... so i had they order onefrom japan and have it shipped via flat bed to the dealership.

Last edited by y0shi; 02-15-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:24 AM
y0shi

i meant 8-12 weeks.. ops
Old 02-24-2004, 08:08 AM
stopgo

Default Sheehy Mannassas, and Brown's Sterling

Tread carefully if buying from Brown's Sterling (VA) Nissan. Sales staff are beyond smarmy, obnoxious and straight-old-school-car-sales-arm-twisting. They blew a $35k sale because of some very petty, pushy antics on the part of the sales staff.

A quick trip to Sheehy Mannassas (VA) proved not only fruitful, but was the most stress-free, "pleasant" car buying experience I've ever had. $300 below sticker, first service free and a courtesy ride to the airport to return my rental.

However, the roles are reversed where after-sales service is involved. Several visits to Sheehy to address my concerns regarding the transmission and stereo were answered with declarations of "Nope. Nothing wrong with *your* car." I finally got fed up and took the car to Brown's Sterling last week for my Z's regular maint. Upon calling to check the status, I was informed that a new transmission was on its way, AS WELL AS new tires (they found the feathering problem before I even noticed), a new steering wheel (the leather on mine is falling apart) and... had I not already replaced the Blose... they would have ordered the amp.

The only hitch is that this is about two days worth of WARRANTY work... and I'm having to yell a little in order to get a courtesy car. We shall see what transpires.

Funny how things work sometimes.

Scott

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast