Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

New 2 Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
dfresh713
Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

New Jersey basically is two states. You have your north and south. The North generally a lot more trashy than the south. The south has the better roads and all. McGuire air force base is basically in the middle of no where. So you will probably be commuting for about 30 minutes if you want to live outside of the pine barrens.

Originally Posted by Z33LOS
Since your military you're gonna get a "living off base" stipend i'm sure. I did. I live in a town called Delran. Its about 15 mins to Philly. Look into Tenby Chase apartments there and also look into Summit apartments in Mt. Laurel, thats a really nice townand apt complex, and one of the police sergeants is a personal friend of mine. You can also look into Northgate Village Apartments in Burlington Twp theres a lot of military guys in all these places. Its roughly 30 mins from either town to Maguire AFB/ Ft. Dix. Stay out of Pemberton, Pemberton Twp., Mt. Holly, Browns Mills, Country Lakes, Presidential Lakes, Wrightstown. Especially stay FAR FAR AWAY from University Apartments in Pemberton! All those areas arent exactly the best of areas. If you have any questions @ all please feel free to PM me. I know what you're going through cause I did it every time I received new orders too. Hope this helps and good luck.
I can give a break down of the towns listed here:
Stay out of Pemberton, Pemberton Twp., Mt. Holly, Browns Mills, Country Lakes, Presidential Lakes, Wrightstown. Especially stay FAR FAR AWAY from University Apartments in Pemberton! All those areas arent exactly the best of areas.

He is 100% correct.

These are the best towns to live in order considering your age and your looking for a decent fun town:

Cherry Hill - Lots of bars, stores, apartments, girls are pretty decent there
Marlton - Town next to Cherry Hill, Very nice town, younger age , full of a lot of cougars, bars
Mt. Laurel - Good town, central between a lot of places
Medford - Nicest and probably the most expensive town in South Jersey.. its quiet there and closer to McGuire AFB
Berlin- Close to McGuire, cheaper town, pretty close to cherry hill/marlton area

Some other towns I would look at:
Delran, Washington Twp, Cinniminson (sp?), Maple Shade, Haddonfield, Moorestown

Burlington twp. though not exactly the ghetto is kind of to ghetto for me.. I think it may belong in the towns not to live in.

And yes, every girl is a school teacher. I wish I joined that profession.. teachers in some towns start out of college at 58k a year with 9% raises, full benefits, full pension and work 180 school days with 2 administrative days a year= 182 work days minus the 20 sick days they receive so 162 days. That is why teachers are always at the bar and why the taxes also suck in this state.

Last edited by dfresh713; 05-14-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

LoL @ Burlington Twp being ghetto. Have you ever been there? Upper middle class all around, excellent school system and police/fire. Low crime rate... It's going to be like cherry hill in the next 5 years with the tons of young families moving into 500K+ developments. Theres a reason property taxes are so high there.

Burlington City- different story-although it has gotten much better. Proximity is no different than Camden being the next town over from Cherry Hill.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VQdriver
Marlton here. How about you? I guess we're all in close proximity to one another.
Me, you and LOS all live within 10 minutes of each other. We should hit up the Loews meet in Maple Shade one Tuesday if I get off early.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:02 AM
dfresh713
Master

Originally Posted by phreaktor
LoL @ Burlington Twp being ghetto. Have you ever been there? Upper middle class all around, excellent school system and police/fire. Low crime rate... It's going to be like cherry hill in the next 5 years with the tons of young families moving into 500K+ developments. Theres a reason property taxes are so high there.

Burlington City- different story-although it has gotten much better. Proximity is no different than Camden being the next town over from Cherry Hill.
No way. I can see how it is like Cherry Hill with the stores and all, but my gf's job got transferred there and the people she is forced to work with from that town are trash. I'm sure there are nice area's to that town but it is overrun by trash coming from other area's. I would rank it on the bottom of nice towns.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
dfresh713
Master

Phreaktor don't you go to seaside? I think I remember seeing your car there once.. I have a shore house down there, now if you wanna talk about trash town.. lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:59 AM
davidc81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z33LOS
Yo Phreak u still going to the mini cross in philly sunday?
i wanna go to the mini cross. linky please?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Z33LOS

Originally Posted by VQdriver
Marlton here. How about you? I guess we're all in close proximity to one another.
Delran here cousin!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Z33LOS

Originally Posted by davidc81
i wanna go to the mini cross. linky please?
My computer is acting weird but jus do a search for "FREE Mini autocross philadelphia, PA"
Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Z33LOS

Medford - Nicest and probably the most expensive town in South Jersey.. its quiet there and closer to McGuire AFB

It is a nice town but they aren't very fond of us folk w/ some pigmentation of the skin. Not 1 minority officer in the town!