Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

SUMMER MOUNTAIN RUN - Sat, June 19th

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Chick Flyn By U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys....so this mountain run isnt getting the response we would like to see....

We are going to have to cancel this weekends event....

Sorry for the short notice

we will keep you posted for the next attempt, most likely in july, stay tuned....
Old 06-15-2010, 10:57 AM
mnms370z

Default Good Call

Good Call I think.
I took a ride today northwest in NH and seen some nice roads and some not so nice. My route started out in my home town of Milford and I got on 101 heading west toward Keene. This is a nice road with some scenic views of Mount Monadnock and a few spots to open it up a little between Peterborough and Keene. Nice road from Milford to Keene is about 50 minutes. From there I headed north on Route 12, after leaving Keene the traffic thinned and a nice run for about a half hour along the Conn River with some curves,rolling hills and pull off spots for regrouping after the run through the curves would be a nice spot to hit. Did not see much traffic and no police officers thank you. There are some nice roads in that area but if we really want to see NH the best thing to do would be head north another weekend that isn't bike week.

My trip back home I came 31 south and while the scenery was nice the construction wasn't ugh...

A few neat things I seen while I was driving.

In Claremont there is a car dealer that obviously is a car guys shop. A collection of Muscle cars from the 70's was to hard to drive by. Some very nice cars. Chevelle SS,El Camino SS and three or four Camaro and Trans Ams in spotless condition. Very nice.

I also saw a cute young family, young couple with two infants in a stroller dad pushing,mom with hand of young toddler and a 30 rack of Bud Light in the other. At 10am. lol I guess when your thirsty your thirsty.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 PM
the RIOT act

wow are you ****ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

i ****in call outta work for this ****!?!?!?! all because a couple people cancel like that wasen't predicted..........you guys are ****in lame!

****IN WANNABE Z OWNERS. JUST STICK TO YOUR ****IN CAR WASH EVENTS AND CAR SHOWS, THATS WHAT YOUR GOOD AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm ****ing done with this shitty *** site! flag that ya ****in ****s!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by the RIOT act
wow are you ****ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

i ****in call outta work for this ****!?!?!?! all because a couple people cancel like that wasen't predicted..........you guys are ****in lame!

****IN WANNABE Z OWNERS. JUST STICK TO YOUR ****IN CAR WASH EVENTS AND CAR SHOWS, THATS WHAT YOUR GOOD AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna be Z owners? LOL are you ****ing kidding me? GTFO. Your welcome to run your own event since youve planned so many for us. Which event have you planned? I must have missed it. In the years this event has been planned & organized, this is the first time I recall it being canceled. Thank you for showing true comradery. Nice to know what you really think of us.

Last edited by OMEGA46; 06-18-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:36 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Dude? Did someone hack your account? Is this really you? I am in shock. I understand the difficulty in getting work off and all, but we posted Monday that we were moving the date. I can see how this is somewhat short noice. I thought we were all "friends" here. I guess not. "Wannabe Z owners?" Thanks. We try our best.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Chick Flyn By U

whoaaa!! Seriously tho? Did someone hack ur ****? We are in shock with your reaction? We are really sry that we had to cancel but we just wernt getting the response we were hoping for. I don't feel,and guys correct me if I'm wrong, but it's just not a mtn run with 4 or 5 cars. Another reason was bc 2 of the 4 leaders couldn't attend, and my copilot greg was in a horrible accident a 2 weeks ago so I wasn't confident leading the run by myself with missing 2 leaders and being without someone in my car.

but if this is truley how you feel, yes, please feel free to try to help plan some events. The mtn run easly takes at least 12 hrs to figure out the route typeing directions etc, it's not easy....

I really hope this isn't you talking all this ****...we felt you were really one of the main ppl from the old school group that has been true to our crew...damn
Old 06-18-2010, 08:36 PM
mnms370z

Default His Name is the Riot Act

I guess we got read the Riot Act by the Riot Act. That was a little harsh. None of us were happy it was canceled but hey many couldn't make it and it was not set up on a great week with it being Bike weekend. So I thought it was a good call but even if it wasn't there are ways to say you unhappy without going all crazy.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:25 AM
the RIOT act

omega: your job as the "president" is to plan events! so why are you talkin about how many events i set up?????? if ya haven't noticed, our group attendance for events has dropped drastically since prior years and what do you think the reasoning is for that?? we had atleast 30 cars in our groups, shows, and runs in prior years and now we can't even get more than 6 from the get go to attend a mountain run which is about as good as it get for a z owner. this is probably due to the fact that our "crew" sucks!!!!!!! what the hell have we done this season as a crew?........(crickets)(crickets)........that's right, pretty much nothing! practically no one from our crew even post here never mind starts a thread anymore. so you wanna call me out as a cry baby bro **** off! you oughtta find a new job cause as far as running a car club is concerned, i personally think you suck! so ya, wanna be z owners is right! why doesn't everybody start getting honest here about this one.......let me show you how to grow some ***** when approaching tim, your "vice president" ok?.?.

trodis: honestly kid, your about as fake of a z owner as it gets! when was the last time you even came to anything.........(crickets)(crickets)........that's right, like last year! and i pretty sure im "speaking for everyone" on this one bro. they all certainly tell it that way. i got a newborn son and have attended more events than you this year.........wanna talk about fake z owners.........that's right i'm talkin to you! oh wedding plans just pop up.........riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhht! tell your girl to loosen that leash bro it's starting to break skin!

chick: i certainly agree that 5 cars sucks for a run but **** it, atleast we know who the "real" z owners are right tim?!?!?! if it were just 2 cars i would still wanna go and i intend to today.......you should come lol! but honestly, you got more drive and heart than a lot of the guys on this forum. keep it up! not a single comment in my earlier post reguarded you.

mnms370: honestly bro, you should keep your comments to yourself! who the **** even are you?.?.?.?.no one who knows me so if i were you, i'd definitely keep my mouth shut!

but my comments about fake z owners absolutely do not apply to everyone! we all know who's real and who's for show around here.......it's about time to start speakin honestly people. i know i can't be the only one who thinks this crew has fallen off. time to start impeaching mother ****ers!!!!

anyone who is ready to get out and actually drive their car, hit me up by email sometime at theriotact131@yahoo.com as i have 3 other cars besides my own whom have drivers that love to do more than just attend parking lot vigils and car shows. :edit: i will be leaving at 8am today with 2 other cars to actually go and drive our z's if anyone's interested. hope to hear from some of you sometime!

HAVE A NICE SUMMER TO THE REST, IF NOT ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by the RIOT act; 06-19-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 PM
mnms370z

Default wow

Ok your right no one knows me, totally new to this just bought my Z and thought a nice Mountain run with some people would be cool. I think everyone in the group new and old recognized you crossed the and it is obvious I was not alone. As for me keeping my mouth shut. Right lol Good luck with that big guy.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:55 AM
06VenomZ

enough of this, lets plan the nxt run already...
Old 06-20-2010, 07:07 AM
OMEGA46

omega: your job as the "president" is to plan events! so why are you talkin about how many events i set up?????? if ya haven't noticed, our group attendance for events has dropped drastically since prior years and what do you think the reasoning is for that?? we had atleast 30 cars in our groups, shows, and runs in prior years and now we can't even get more than 6 from the get go to attend a mountain run which is about as good as it get for a z owner. this is probably due to the fact that our "crew" sucks!!!!!!! what the hell have we done this season as a crew?........(crickets)(crickets)........that's right, pretty much nothing! practically no one from our crew even post here never mind starts a thread anymore. so you wanna call me out as a cry baby bro **** off! you oughtta find a new job cause as far as running a car club is concerned, i personally think you suck! so ya, wanna be z owners is right! why doesn't everybody start getting honest here about this one.......let me show you how to grow some ***** when approaching tim, your "vice president" ok?.?.

trodis: honestly kid, your about as fake of a z owner as it gets! when was the last time you even came to anything.........(crickets)(crickets)........that's right, like last year! and i pretty sure im "speaking for everyone" on this one bro. they all certainly tell it that way. i got a newborn son and have attended more events than you this year.........wanna talk about fake z owners.........that's right i'm talkin to you! oh wedding plans just pop up.........riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhht! tell your girl to loosen that leash bro it's starting to break skin!

chick: i certainly agree that 5 cars sucks for a run but **** it, atleast we know who the "real" z owners are right tim?!?!?! if it were just 2 cars i would still wanna go and i intend to today.......you should come lol! but honestly, you got more drive and heart than a lot of the guys on this forum. keep it up! not a single comment in my earlier post reguarded you.

mnms370: honestly bro, you should keep your comments to yourself! who the **** even are you?.?.?.?.no one who knows me so if i were you, i'd definitely keep my mouth shut!

but my comments about fake z owners absolutely do not apply to everyone! we all know who's real and who's for show around here.......it's about time to start speakin honestly people. i know i can't be the only one who thinks this crew has fallen off. time to start impeaching mother ****ers!!!!

anyone who is ready to get out and actually drive their car, hit me up by email sometime at theriotact131@yahoo.com as i have 3 other cars besides my own whom have drivers that love to do more than just attend parking lot vigils and car shows. :edit: i will be leaving at 8am today with 2 other cars to actually go and drive our z's if anyone's interested. hope to hear from some of you sometime!

HAVE A NICE SUMMER TO THE REST, IF NOT ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**** you dude. You ***** more then youve ever attended ****. Talking about be things you have no knowledge of. Our "crew" as you put it was never truly more then 5/6 ppl. People of which you never even met. Many people have come, and many have gone, but all are always welcomed. Events? lol really? BBQ: Ya didnt go. Pike Night: Ya didnt go. UConn: Great turn out. Mtn Run: Canceled. <~~ Wahhh I took the day off and now its canceled. TFB.

Season has been slow yes, but weather hasnt been the greatest, and many of us with careers have had crazy travel schedules. By all means, if our crew "sucks", plan your own ****ing ****.

The only fake *** Z owner here is you with your narrow minded viewpoint of what a Z owner should or should not be. Nice knowing ya, or the fake you that was presented. I truly wish you and wife, and baby boy all the best.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:12 AM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by 06VenomZ
enough of this, lets plan the nxt run already...
I was liking Alaina's idea of a two day run. Maybe head far north, perhaps into Canada. That way if people wanted to join the first leg in NH they could, and hang out that evening or go home. And those who wanted to head further north could stay overnight in a nice place.

Keith and I did a drive to Texas in about 24/25 hours and saw tons of cool roads. Maybe something nuts like that but not so far with stops.

Any ideas anyone????
Old 06-20-2010, 08:05 AM
mnms370z

Default Heads Up

The NEw England Z club owners are doing a get together at the Air Show in Rhode Island next weekend. I am still gathering details but if you like Z's and Airplanes may be a fun day. I will forward details once I receive them from the contact at that club. Stay Tuned.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:12 AM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by mnms370z
The NEw England Z club owners are doing a get together at the Air Show in Rhode Island next weekend. I am still gathering details but if you like Z's and Airplanes may be a fun day. I will forward details once I receive them from the contact at that club. Stay Tuned.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 AM
06VenomZ

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
I was liking Alaina's idea of a two day run. Maybe head far north, perhaps into Canada. That way if people wanted to join the first leg in NH they could, and hang out that evening or go home. And those who wanted to head further north could stay overnight in a nice place.

Keith and I did a drive to Texas in about 24/25 hours and saw tons of cool roads. Maybe something nuts like that but not so far with stops.

Any ideas anyone????
A run from Mass through NY State and to Niagara falls would sick...
Old 06-20-2010, 12:02 PM
mnms370z

Default Here is what I got from Cathy at WWW.zccne.org

Hello Everyone,
In case you haven't seen the post on www.zccne.org, I wanted to send this along. I apologize if this is redundant...

Last month we lost a loyal friend and CTZCC member, Colin Foote in a tragic traffic accident. Both Colin and his Father Robin have been active members in the CT club, attending meetings and events and enjoying the process of restoring these great cars as Father and Son.

Since the loss of Colin, Robin Foote has been working tirelessly with the RI Legislature to pass "The Colin B. Foote Act". This law would require drivers who receive 4 separate and distinct serious moving violations to be subject to having their license revoked for 2 years, 60 hours of driver retraining and 60 hours of community service.

The only bright spot in this entire tragedy is that this bill was recently signed into law and will now protect the people of RI against dangerous repeat driving offenders. To celebrate the passage of this law and to remember Colin, Robin has organized a wonderful event for the CTZCC & there are open slots for ZCCNE members as well (first come, first serve), which includes a barbecue, overnight accommodations in Narragansett, a Z caravan to the Quonset Point Airfield and parking in a designated VIP space at the airfield for up to 30 participants to view the Air Show. Even though these 30 slots are "first-come, first serve", all are welcome to drive their Z cars to the airfield and park outside the gates. We are especially looking for 240Z's to fill the majority of this contingent of 30 cars but also want to include at least one of every other Z model.

In honor of Colin, a long time friend and supporter of the RI Air National Guard, the Air Show will include a memorial flyover by WWII Fighter aircraft. The Foote family has graciously invited any participating Z Car owners to stay over at one of their guest houses in Narragansett, RI on Friday night, June 25th. This invitation is open to all club members as space permits (they have 14 bedrooms available). Robin very much wants Z cars to be present Friday evening for the press. You only need to bring your Z, toothbrush and an overnight bag (your co-pilot is invited also).

Please review the agenda below and RSVP for the events you are able to attend.

Schedule:

Friday June 25, 2010
3-5 PM: Z Car Arrival at 52 Narragansett Ave., Narragansett, RI 02882 (Proceed past house to red light – cross over to parking lot)
6 PM to 10 PM: Evening Cook-Out & Reception. Media will be invited to take pictures and write about the cars and purpose of the event.
6 PM: Evening “Teaser” Air show 1 block away at Narragansett Town Beach
10 PM: Relocate to Overnight Accommodations at assigned Foote Guest House

Saturday June 26, 2010
8:30 AM: Z Car Memorial Cruise Departure to the Quonset Airport about 15 miles away. Starting point is 52 Narragansett Ave, Narragansett RI.
9 - 9:30 AM: Quonset Air Show Arrival. We will be directed to a designated Z Car parking area. We expect that RIANG or Civil Air Patrol will provide security to protect our cars.

Participant VIP Seating:
Please let us know if you would be willing to take a 15 to 20 minute “shift” at the Z Car display area to hand out the Z Car History/Colin Foote flyers and answer questions about the cars.
12:30 PM (Approximately): WWII Warbird Fighter Fly-by Tribute
1:30 to 2 PM: Early departure: Z car participants may, at their option, leave the Air Show after the Tribute Fly-by or stay and enjoy the rest of the show.
4 PM: Air Show Ends with demonstration by USAF Thunderbirds.

To register for any portion of these events, please e-mail the following information to the three event contacts below. For those requesting to participate in the 30 Car VIP Parking area some of this information will be shared with the RI Air National Guard for check-in. Since this is a military base all Persons and Cars may be subject to search.

Required Information:
Name:
Address:
Cell Phone:
Z Car Model, Year, Color:
Will you be attending the Barbecue on Friday evening? Yes/No
If yes, are you bringing a guest?
Do you need accommodations for Friday Night? Yes/No
If yes, are you bringing a guest?

Will you be caravaning with us to the Air Show on Saturday morning?
If yes, please provide registration tag # & State:
Will you be staying until the end of the Airshow (5 PM)? Yes/No

E-mail Registration must be received by June 23, 2010 (sooner if at all possible) and sent the following 3 individuals:

Farnum Brown: Globeaero@aol.com Cell Phone: 401-662-1494
Robin Foote: robin.raf@gmail.com Cell Phone: 401-741-1678
Cathy Quindazzi(ZCCNE point person): cathy-acimports@comcast.net Cell Phone: 603-930-8156

For those that just wish to attend the Friday night Barbecue and/or the Cruise to the Air show, and will not enter the Airshow VIP Parking and Flight Line Area, overnight accommodations MAY be available for you if not filled by Z Car registered participants.

We look forward to seeing as many of our members as possible to honor our late friend Colin Foote. We understand that summer is a busy time, if you can't be there please keep Robin, his family and Colin in your thoughts that weekend.

For questions please contact the ZCCNE coordinator for the event, Cathy Quindazzi or Robin Foote via the e-mail / cell phone information above.
Anthony & I will be there.

Thanks much!
Cathy
ZCCNE Secretary
Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 PM
keithman5000

Let's all cool take a step back and chill. I agree with Venom, lets set the next one up and go from there.

Close thread please?
Old 06-20-2010, 03:03 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by keithman5000
Close thread please?

Agreed.

I think we all know who the fake Z owner in this thread is.