Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Best Dealer in NYC/LI area

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Scrapin 240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Dealer in NYC/LI area

What dealer do you guys/girls trust with your Z in the Area?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:22 AM
TheTuna

Default Re: Best Dealer in NYC/LI area

Originally posted by Scrapin 240
What dealer do you guys/girls trust with your Z in the Area?

Thanks in advance.
For Service, Star Nissan on Utopia Pkwy in Queens.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:04 PM
pices312

IMHO the best dealer in the Metropolitan area is Smithtown Nissan. The sales dept to the service dept is top shelf. I have been dealing with them since 1990 and 7 cars, including a '90 300ZX and a '03 350Z, I recommend them highly.
Want a Zcar call Dan Z at 361-9696.
A happy customer
Old 01-03-2004, 05:16 AM
bluefish

thanks for the kudos
Old 01-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Scrapin 240

well i just took it to Westbury Nissan, guess sister dealer and they were pretty good but needed to order parts for the car, so we'll see when we return how good it really is. But so far so good
Old 01-03-2004, 07:22 AM
Ron Zarza

I also will say that Smithtown is the place to go. Sales process went perfectly(see Dan), and went for service twice. First oil change, took about an hour, and second time it was amp change and window grease fix. An all day job, but no rattles, clean, and most of all no complaints or hassles from either side. I purchased two cars from Smithtown, winter ride 991/2 Pathfinder, no problems with dealer.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:54 AM
jckolnturn

I too bought my car from Smithtown Nissan as well and I am very happy with the transaction. I didn't meet Dan until after I bought the car but the salesman I dealt with was excellent as well, his name is Joe Torma.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:47 AM
themyst

i HATE westbury nissan. they told me tire feathering was a result of "street racing". I was one of the first preorder Z owners, so I must've also been one of the first to complain about it. I wonder if they lose sleep at night about the scene I caused in the service center... especially since they should know about it now. Thank god I don't have to deal with Nissan service anymore. Amity Nissan service was pretty decent though... Star Nissan too after I got over my initial spat with a tech over there.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:37 AM
jckolnturn

where is star Nissan? I went to Koeppel in queens for an oil change once because it was convenient for me due to work and they gave me some oil flush nonsense for an extra hundred bucks. They had some problems with me afterwards and I won't be returning to that location for any future service.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:21 AM
TheTuna

Star Nissan's service center is near Northern Blvd and Utopia Pkwy.

PM me if you need exact directions.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:52 PM
ZManInNY

Smithtown Nissan and Westbury Nissan are owned by the same person. The only thing positive I can say about either place is that the service department in Westbury Nissan is wonderful. That is how to do business. I'm not sure about Smithtown's service but I got seriously dicked around by the dealership to the point of desperation. A friend of mine just got screwed up the a$$ by Westbury Nissan sales. They sold her an '03 Altima with 8000 miles (demo car used by dealer to drive between Westbury and Smithtown) for only $2000 under sticker price!!!!!! AND they only gave her one set of keys (no valet, no key serial # tag) and no service manual. In fact they almost made her pay for the second set of keys and owner's manual.

The dealership that I've heard the best things about on LI is Habberstad in Suffolk. I've heard their service department is a pleasure to deal with. If Westbury Nissan Service wasn't owned by the same person as Smithtown, I'd be going there for everything. They even sent me a follow up letter to ensure that my experience was positive. Wow! THAT, my friends is how to do business and make customers happy. Nevertheless, I refuse to put any more of my money into the owners pockets due to my unnecessarily horrendous experience with their sister company, Smithtown Nissan.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:56 PM
themyst

Originally posted by jckolnturn
where is star Nissan? I went to Koeppel in queens for an oil change once because it was convenient for me due to work and they gave me some oil flush nonsense for an extra hundred bucks. They had some problems with me afterwards and I won't be returning to that location for any future service.

Hey Tim, if you're going to Star Nissan, ask for Hogan, I've known the guy for 5 years. Tell him Ben who had the red Z sent you.

Go east on Northern Blvd, turn left on 172nd St (block before taco bell, around the Mobil station), and keep going down, there is a Lincoln service center, Star Toyota and Star Nissan, can't miss it.

Last edited by themyst; 01-07-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:57 AM
Scrapin 240

well went back to Westbury for the O2 replacement and everything seems to be a ok. so for now they get a thumbs up for service
Old 05-08-2004, 06:56 PM
cyclopz

Westbury Nissan's Sales department is about the worst I've ever dealt with full of lie's and deception. However I have heard that their service department is second to none.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:56 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

SMITHOWN NISSAN.

DAN ZIEGLER SALES excellent

SERVICE.

WELL everytime i go there they play FUKCking dumb i have to explain everything to them .
and they do not volunteer information.

ether you know or your ****ed.

THAT BEING i still have to go in for my friggen tire,s for the third time. so i will see how it goes.

i really dont wish to explain to them i get a refund for a tire i bought earlier and i get two new tire,s with my alignment this time.

i have a strong feeling however if i dont mention any of this i will be ****ed. we shall see.

but BLUEFISH AKA DAN is great in sales.

CANT wait to see your z dan you been waiting forever for it

Last edited by BRONXWARRIOR; 05-09-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:05 PM
ZManInNY

Originally posted by BRONXWARRIOR
SMITHOWN NISSAN.

DAN ZIEGLER SALES excellent

SERVICE.

WELL everytime i go there they play FUKCking dumb i have to explain everything to them .
and they do not volunteer information.

ether you know or your ****ed.

THAT BEING i still have to go in for my friggen tire,s for the third time. so i will see how it goes.

i really dont wish to explain to them i get a refund for a tire i bought earlier and i get two new tire,s with my alignment this time.

i have a strong feeling however if i dont mention any of this i will be ****ed. we shall see.

but BLUEFISH AKA DAN is great in sales.

CANT wait to see your z dan you been waiting forever for it
Yeah, he's great...that is unless you don't like being lied to and totally ignored even though you're spending a great deal of money on a car.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:03 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

AH OH.

well he was nice to me in 2002 when i ordered car
Old 05-10-2004, 04:12 PM
cmuro

Westbury service is horrible, i had my tranny replaced there last year and at the same time i had a JUN flywheel installed. Well when i went to pickup the car the supposed best mechanic they have was driving my car and bouncing off the rev limiter, and telling me that everytime he drives it the check engine light comes on. The code was the crank postion sensor was complaining, i had him clear it and left and never had the problem he had. But then again i gave it time to adjust to the new flywheel. So then i go to install new headers and find a bolt that holds the tranny to the engine was hanging out. Then i install the short throw shifter and find a rag sitting on top of the transmission. Finally i kept hearing a popping noise whe i went over a bump so i started looking at the front crossbar under the car and find the nut on the passenger side was loose. After tightening that nut and the others holding the front cross bar to the car no more popping sound. In a nutshell i will never go back there or Smithtown, plus i met the owner and Dan and was not impressed either.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Scrapin 240

damn that sucks. It was just an 02 sensor and there was no real problems since.

BTW Queens Nissan is Horrible, so don't try there either.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:54 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

I have not seen a Nissan service station like the one in Westbury; it is so clean and well managed; personal and professional attention......unbelievable. I should know, as I have had Datsuns and Nissans for the last couple of decades, been sampling & comparing Nissan services.

There are not many workshops that I trust my zee with; I used to frequent a number of dealerships for service, but now I only send my zee to Performance Motorsports for everything.

Even better, now that Performance Motorsports will have a dyno machine on site.

G

----------------

Quick Reply: Best Dealer in NYC/LI area