Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

My experience with Real Auto Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Staisman

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Default My experience with Real Auto Dynamics

Last week I bought my new clutch and flywheel and I had to put it in asap to be able to brake it in before I go on dyno. So I made an appointment with Real Auto Dynamics on Friday 2 pm. When I came there it was already 2:30 and guys were working on some other car, but they put that car aside and start working on mine right the way. At 3:15 my transmission was already out, I was very impressed with how fast they pull my trany out. An hour later my car had a new clutch and flywheel along with SS line installed and trany was back on the car. I said wow that's was fast, but the fun is just about to begin. For some reason they could not bleed my clutch line, the fluid didn't want to come out from my slave cylinder. The first thought was the master cylinder died, that would be a problem, I said to my self. Anyway, guys were keep trying to fill my system with fluid, but with no success. It was already 6 pm and shop was ready to close but my car still has no clutch.
Two weeks before the clutch, I installed RJM clutch pedal bracket to be able adjust my disengagement point, so we start playing with it. Finally after another 30 min we filled the clutch system with fluid and start getting some clutch, after little bit more adjustments we made it to work.

So this long story is about how guys at the Real Auto Dynamics went above and beyond trying make my car and me go back home on its own and not on the tow truck, beside this they did't charge me any extra money for staying late after hours or wasting clutch fluid. No ******** like stripped trany bolts or anything like that to make this process longer.
I am very satisfied with quality and professionalism in this shop, and planning to bring my car for tune after my supercharge install.
I would recommend this shop to anyone.

P.S. Sorry if some sentence make no sense. My English is a second language and I never was good with essays.

Last edited by Staisman; 06-01-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Lakeside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did the install run?

Cool, they solved it for you! Better then taking the train home & calling for a ride. Which clutch did you go with?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Staisman

Yea they could tell me oh you need a master cylinder and make more money but instead they tried to fix the problem. I went with southbend stage 3 Kevlar clutch and steel flywheel.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Lakeside

This is on a DE or an HR? I think I have seen other posts of yours, guessing it's an HR. Surprised you didn't buy the Wilwood master cylinder & Zspeed csc upgrade for the added pressure. So with the steel flywheel it should have more of a factory feel/no surging. Post back with a review.

Zim
Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 PM
R350Zz33

do they have a dyno yet im gonna need a retune and a bit of welding done soon gathing parts for my n2o build should be done in a few weeks
Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

dyno should be in on June 15th
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeside
This is on a DE or an HR? I think I have seen other posts of yours, guessing it's an HR. Surprised you didn't buy the Wilwood master cylinder & Zspeed csc upgrade for the added pressure. So with the steel flywheel it should have more of a factory feel/no surging. Post back with a review.

Zim
His car is a DE. A note about the RJM bracket, If you open the hydraulic system and you have the pedal adjusted weaker than stock you will have a &*#@ of a time getting it to bleed. You have to get a full clutch slave travel to get the air out of the system when you go to bleed, Since the bracket reduces pedal stroke to the slave it will cause issues when you need to bleed air out of the system. My suggestion is to Adjust the pedal to stock position before trying to bleed the clutch system.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Staisman

Yea that's what we ended of doing, otherwise no any chance to bleed.

Yea I have DE and one more thing I should do is to buy a cast iron fork but I didn't .
Old 06-08-2012, 06:12 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the kind words stan! def was a little adventure at the end of the install. no one knew that the clutch pedal was modified till you remembered but like i said, car looks amazing. can't wait till she's finally boosted
Old 06-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Staisman

New cast iron fork was installed along with a pivot ball. Everything was done by this shop with no problems. Clutch feels awesome, very smooth and no shuttering, pedal feels lighter than a stock, thanks to fully adjustable RJM clutch bracket.

Also want to say thank you to Joe from ZSpeed Performance for help and parts. Very pleased with everything.

Last edited by Staisman; 06-20-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:54 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you!

Let us know if you need anything else

Joe