Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 06:52 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Nothing like the smell of manure and the sounds of a passing horse and buggy to let you know you're in Amish country haha
Old 08-04-2016, 04:12 PM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Put on an Injen hydroshield (basically a filter condom) today to hopefully help me with my rain consumption. I don't have huge hopes but maybe it will help a little.

Colton are you going to the Nissan/Infiniti meet in Englishtown Saturday?
Old 08-04-2016, 05:33 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by craig12895
Put on an Injen hydroshield (basically a filter condom) today to hopefully help me with my rain consumption. I don't have huge hopes but maybe it will help a little.

I was so happy I didnt take my car to work the other day...

My intake isn't that low but im pretty sure the water would have been over my lower door seals on some of the puddles.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:35 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by craig12895

I won't be sadly. I leave for Myrtle Beach tomorrow with the family. The annual meets seem to fall perfectly in the wrong week each time
Old 08-05-2016, 01:36 AM
craig12895

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I was so happy I didnt take my car to work the other day...

My intake isn't that low but im pretty sure the water would have been over my lower door seals on some of the puddles.
I can't believe how deep that water is! My intake isn't low at all but the INGS bumper cutout allows water to hit my filter perfectly. I don't think it would be an issue if I wasn't boosted. I think having the supercharger just makes it much more sensitive.

Whats your name anyway?

Originally Posted by CJM
I won't be sadly. I leave for Myrtle Beach tomorrow with the family. The annual meets seem to fall perfectly in the wrong week each time
This is the first one I will be able to go to. But I will make sure to tell you how great it is
Old 08-06-2016, 10:53 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

My name is Mike...

How may bolts did you break putting on that ultra racing brace? I just tried taking off my old one and broke the first bolt with very little effort... As in head came right off... Not to mention the plastic pieces that the bolts didnt want to move.

It' also hot as ***** outside.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:24 PM
craig12895

I didn't break any actually. I remember mine coming out fairly easily with a 3/8" ratchet.

And the 9th annual nissan meet was today in NJ. Surprised by how small it was but I took home 3rd place in the 350z class, won a raffle for skydiving which I sold to a guy for $40, and won a 30% discount on an order of Greddy parts. So if you guys have any greedy parts you want, let me know now
Old 08-07-2016, 05:10 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Nice... Yeah the one that broke I applied very little effort and the head just snapped off... Here is my full write up if the experience haha
Well this car never disappoints

Wife had a hair appointment so I figured putting on the new brace wouldnt take more than an hour... Welp I was sadly mistaken...

First bolt the head broke right off with very little effort, using a ratchet... so I tested one from the other side using the impact and it came out, all the rest came out no problem...

Good so I drill the center of the broken bolt and stick an easy ouput in their... My 18 volt drill motor starts smoking while attempting to remove. So I use my other drill... Which shatters the easy put leaving the head of it inside the bolt... Ok great...

Do everything I can think of to get that damb easy out removed from the broken bolt, beat it with a punch, screwdriver, mini screwdriver...etc... Try to drill it out using a smaller drill bit... Bit snapped causing me to almost stab gas tank... (glad the gas tank is resilient) swap drill bits bust another one... Swap back to beating with hammer and screwdriver... Bend the **** out of screwdriver, almost stab gas tank again... Finally give up on the bolt removal.

Got on with small hammer modification, 2 bolts short but should be an improvement... Lost some sweet aerodynamic plastic pieces, and scared the **** out of myself a few times but welp thats what I did to my z today.

It was actually still all intact and in one piece, I thought it was in worse condition but it sure was ugly...

Never buy a car from Massachusetts.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:15 PM
craig12895

Glad you finally got it done though. Mine is still in good condition even after being on for last winter
Old 08-08-2016, 01:29 AM
craig12895

Managed to get my girl's winter wheels dipped. Nothing too crazy or spectacular but a nice change from the typical matte black. Its a nice dark grey in shade but when sunlight hits it, it has quite a bit of metallic flake to it.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-w5bsbxn.jpg

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-y8jrhgi.jpg
Old 08-08-2016, 07:16 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

That looks 100x better... What did you use? I need to paint my hood and spare bumper... Debating on changing whole car with wrap though... White with black roof looks damn good... Im also thinking black and titanium wrapped hood roof and hatch... Also thinking battleship gray... I should just leave well enough alone but what fun is that...

Ive already got a qt of super black sitting in my basement I really should make up my mind before I buy things.

On a side note might be getting a Juke... Made an offer will see how it goes.. (the dealer said they had to run it buy the other manager) our offer was only $782 less than asking price so I dont see why they wouldn't accept it.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:26 PM
craig12895

Yea they should definitely accept that offer. Anyway, come down to PA and let me help you wrap it. Also I have like a good 20ft of Avery white gloss vinyl left over.

And I actually started the wheels with 1 can of dark blue followed by 1 can of grey. Both of these cans were used only to ensure I had enough coats on in the end.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-5ovhaqbl.jpg
Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-nmmlptel.jpg

Then I did 2 cans of anthracite grey metallic and 1/2 can of glossifier. I know the metallic would cover any base coats I put down so I just used the blue and grey that I had laying around

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-ptrsj8ql.jpg
Old 08-08-2016, 12:48 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

I want a white car... Just got this jem in the mail

Who did you order your wrap from? I always just get 3m from Amazon like 5 feet at a time... Seems like a crappie way to buy it.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:35 AM
craig12895

I have ordered stuff from metrorestyling and fellers. Both are good companies.

If you are really considering a white wrap, be ready to have little black stains all over your car. It pretty much just looks like hard water spots but they are all over the entire car, especially the rear bumper where fuel also plays a role.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:54 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not sure how the regional classified forum rules apply to this, but figured that posting this in the chat thread would be harmless (or at least less harmful?) than posting it in the classified section. I apologize in advance if it is not appropriate:

My wife and I just listed our house for sale in Phoenixville, PA (just west of Valley Forge / King of Prussia) so I'm promoting it wherever possible. Please tell a friend if they are looking to buy in this area....thanks!
http://www.zillow.com/homes/3715-Hon...tClaimGA=false
Old 08-09-2016, 11:12 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Damn thats a lot of house for $280k
Old 08-09-2016, 11:32 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Damn thats a lot of house for $280k
Yep, we bought in this area because it was "up and coming" and continues to be so, but it's actually a good time to get in now because the town of Phoenixville is growing and becoming "higher rent", and the school district is also improving. I expect property values here to rise steadily during the coming 5-10 years.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:05 PM
craig12895

Mike if you're seriously looking into wrapping white, I would be willing to sell you the rest of my white vinyl relatively cheap since I don't know exactly how much I have.

Also figured I would give painting the roll bar a shot since my friend that works at Eastwood doesn't have an oven big enough to powder coat it. All thats left to do is add a clear coat to it tomorrow.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-twlo5aq.jpg

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-grfbzax.jpg
Old 08-09-2016, 05:24 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Nice post lots of pics when you get it installed... How much you want for your scrappies? You sure you dont want some extras for touch up?

Did you prime your hood before you wrapped it? The experts on hetr recommend priming carbon fiber pieces before wrapping but they kinda takes away from ever going back to carbon fiber again...

My hood is ****ed so im not worried about priming that but my hatch is still in good shape so I am a little hesitant to prime it..
Old 08-09-2016, 05:31 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

I do like white cars... We just purchased a new one yesterday...

Quick Reply: Buddy bro northeast chat thread.