Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:35 AM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Juke looks good. Is that just the new family car?

And I don't plan to touch up this wrap. I think Im just going to push this wrap to the end of this season and redo the whole car a different color this winter. Next time I go to the farm I will take a picture of my wrap that is left and if we all agree it looks like ~20ft, then I would say I can probably send it your way for $100.

And I had my hood painted when I got it. It got painted when I got that paint job that had the horrible paint match. I would think normal carbon would still be fine to wrap because it still has a clear coat on it. But my hatch is primed and the vinyl seems to be holding to that pretty well.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:13 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

The juke is my wife's new car... My parents took our Camry off our hands a month or so ago so the wife thought she needed another car made this century. Works out well because now I'll get to drive the awd honda element over the winter instead of my 2wd s10 thats rusting away pretty fast even though it's only got 68k miles on it.

If you have 20 feet left ill take it for $100... How much did you use for the entire car like 60feet?

Also wondering what I should do to prevent my fenders from rusting after I roll the fenders... I was thinking I should scuff up the inside while I have access and prime with a rust preventing primer then silicone the gap so it doesn't fill up with grime....
Old 08-10-2016, 06:47 AM
craig12895

I only used about 50 feet because I never rewrapped any panels and I didn't do the roof in white.

The only thing I did on my fenders was roll very slowly and carefully and afterwards I got some touch up paint and touch up clear coat and went over the fender with that to essentially 'reseal' the fender
Old 08-13-2016, 07:01 PM
craig12895

Posted this in the other thread but ill put it here anyway. The bottom is sitting where its supposed to but the top needs to be pushed back about another 3 inches or so.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-y4rosrk.jpg

And Mike, this si the vinyl I have left. I don't think it is as much as I thought. Looks like it is about 15ish layers so a quick rough estimate tells me it is maybe around 15 feet or so.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-eqwtbgl.jpg
Old 08-14-2016, 01:15 PM
craig12895

Roll bar is installed. Just have to put the seats and harnesses in tomorrow. I did a pretty decent job at leaving the interior pieces and carpet all in tact. All I had to cut was the plastic where the rear legs of the bar mount and the carpet right around the front legs of the bar.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-463tj87.jpg

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-f6sm5hj.jpg

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-gjvug0k.jpg
Old 08-15-2016, 03:36 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Half cage looks good. Interested to see it in person.

Currently searching for a daily driver that I will enjoy driving until my student debt is paid off (hopefully

Last edited by CJM; 08-15-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:11 PM
craig12895

Officially got it in today. Got the harness on my drivers seat done but stopped before I could do the passenger side.

I need to figure out a solution for the passenger seat. The roll bar is making it so that the passenger seat can hardly recline at all. I think I will have to move that seat even further toward the dash in order to allow it to recline.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:42 PM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by craig12895
Officially got it in today. Got the harness on my drivers seat done but stopped before I could do the passenger side.

I need to figure out a solution for the passenger seat. The roll bar is making it so that the passenger seat can hardly recline at all. I think I will have to move that seat even further toward the dash in order to allow it to recline.

You're doing seats too? Nice. I just put some bride low max vios 3's in with a harness bar. I need a roll bar to really use the harnesses almost safely... Next on the list. Too bad you're all of the way in PA.

I think I am going to wrap the roll bar/ harness bar in the foam stuff they put on dirtbike handlebars so it is semi-streetable. I also kept the OEM 3 points in. Did you?

Nice amp by the way! A classic!

Mine literally caught on fire 2 feet from my head in my old S10 pickup. Good times.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:19 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey yosip, you ever go back to the track again on a better day? I wish I would be able to get 8 runs like you do at your track. Here at Englishtown, NJ, you are lucky to get 4 in.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:41 AM
craig12895

Originally Posted by yosip1115
You're doing seats too? Nice. I just put some bride low max vios 3's in with a harness bar. I need a roll bar to really use the harnesses almost safely... Next on the list. Too bad you're all of the way in PA.

I think I am going to wrap the roll bar/ harness bar in the foam stuff they put on dirtbike handlebars so it is semi-streetable. I also kept the OEM 3 points in. Did you?

Nice amp by the way! A classic!

Mine literally caught on fire 2 feet from my head in my old S10 pickup. Good times.
Yea I had the seats in before I did the roll bar. I also got a roll bar so I could safely use my harnesses. I will snap a picture of the whole setup today and post it up tonight so you can see it all together.

And yes both of my OEM seat belts are still in place and fully functional, I will grab a picture of them as well for you.

I was wondering if anybody would notice that amp. It actually just stopped working. Im going to try replacing the fuses on it and hope it works again. I test and the power and ground wires are still good. That amp is sooooo old, Im pretty sure I could get a new amp with more power that will fit in my palm.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:12 AM
yosip1115

Originally Posted by BakaN20
Hey yosip, you ever go back to the track again on a better day? I wish I would be able to get 8 runs like you do at your track. Here at Englishtown, NJ, you are lucky to get 4 in.
You probably see some monsters there though!

I haven't gotten a chance to, money has been tight (seats were gifted to me). you make me want to go again on Friday... Though I am going back and forth with my tuner so I should wait until we get things perfect. I actually got more like 11 runs in, I have been finding more run slips lately haha.

Yea I had the seats in before I did the roll bar. I also got a roll bar so I could safely use my harnesses. I will snap a picture of the whole setup today and post it up tonight so you can see it all together.

And yes both of my OEM seat belts are still in place and fully functional, I will grab a picture of them as well for you.

I was wondering if anybody would notice that amp. It actually just stopped working. Im going to try replacing the fuses on it and hope it works again. I test and the power and ground wires are still good. That amp is sooooo old, Im pretty sure I could get a new amp with more power that will fit in my palm.
Sweet, thanks. Did you weld any of that inside the car btw? It's unfortunate that my car is completely different than yours so I will have to start from the ground up. I don't have a welder, so I'm kind of dead in the water. I can machine anything I can imagine, I'm wondering how frowned upon a bolt in system is with some welds mixed in here and there where absolutely necessary. I'm a ME so I might be able to design something very strong and safe without welds to secure it to the vehicle with all of room/options a sedan can offer . That way I can have my buddy weld it all up beforehand. What do you think about that route? Will I get turned away at track events?

You mentioned that your seats are limited and can only recline so far, but really it is unsafe to run seats with the reclining function with harnesses. I'm sure you are aware; they can buckle and will compress your spine if they do. Scary stuff!!!

Almost as bad as submarining. I don't know how people are okay with running 4 point harnesses if there are stories about guys who submarined, and were ejected or partially ejected as a result.

Regarding the amp, did you check the fuses for continuity? If that is a 750.1 or larger they are freaking powerful amps man. Kicker is one of the good guys that give you an output slip, and it is always higher than the advertised wattage. None of that peak wattage bs. When mine blew I bought the newest model 750.1 and loved it even more.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:26 PM
craig12895

I got a bolt-in roll bar because I figured I could always have it welded if need be. Its easier to convert a bolt-in to a weld-in than it is to convert a weld-in to a bolt-in. So as of now my entire bar is just bolted in.

As far as the reclinable seat danger, yes I am very aware of that. That is the main reason I got rid of some Bride replica seats I picked up cheap about a year ago. I have not heard of a high quality, reputable seat manufacturer having that issue with their recliners.

Only thing I wish about the seats I do have is that I wish they had the built in submarine hole rather than running the harness over the front.

I have SFI approved padding ordered that will cover the roll bar area near my head and the passenger side. On with the pictures, in the first one you can see that is as far back as the passenger seat goes because of the crossbar. And in the second pic you can see I have full use of the seatbelt

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-udte9zo.jpg

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-vxdvher.jpg
Old 08-20-2016, 06:21 AM
CJM

Decided I needed a winter project...

Old 08-20-2016, 08:14 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Damn big baller
Old 08-20-2016, 04:36 PM
yosip1115

Is that a polished v2?
Old 08-20-2016, 10:50 PM
CJM

Polished V3 SCi. Full polish on all visible piping and bracket too
Old 08-21-2016, 04:16 AM
craig12895

Thats going to look really good. I can't imagine trying to keep the bracket shiny haha
Old 08-21-2016, 06:43 AM
yosip1115

Thats going to look really good. I can't imagine trying to keep the bracket shiny haha
It's easy to keep aluminum nice and shiny! Just touch it up with some polish by hand before shows. Love it.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:52 AM
CJM

It'll be a labor of love haha

Now I just need a daily driver so I can have the Z out of commission for a bit
Old 08-21-2016, 08:53 AM
craig12895

I didn't have a daily when I did my vortech install. From the time I started the install to tuning I think was a week. Its possible but borrowing a car for a little is definitely necessary.

My Kicker amp did in fact quit on me for good. Its a ZX700.5, sucks because that thing was a monster and by far my favorite amp Ive ever used

Also not the prettiest modification but safety first I guess.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-ugkuj4b.jpg

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-sdmn82l.jpg

Last edited by craig12895; 08-21-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Buddy bro northeast chat thread.