Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Cape Cod Meet - Thanks.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cape Cod Meet - Thanks.

Sorry to start yet another thread, but I was worried that this may get lost in the "big" thread.

First, I would like to say thanks to Deb for putting together one of the best meets ever. From the "outside" it may seem like a pretty simple task to put these on, but that is only because Deb spent many many hours of planning so that it went so well. Again thanks Deb.

Second, I would like to thank the US Army Corp of Engineers (specifically Christina) and the US Park Service for allowing us to use the park for this event. As everyone probably knows the USACE asked us to move the meet to a more secluded location so as to not create a traffic jam with people checking out the cars. Unfortunately, according to the Mike the park ranger, we caused a traffic jam all the way back to the Bourne Rotary and backed up the traffic up on Route 28! Oops.

Third, I want to say thanks again to Nazar and Justin from Wicked CAS (Car Audio Systems) of Kingston, NH (603-557-4046) and B&D Motorsports of Stoughton (888-904-6464) as well as all the other companies and individuals that donated items to the raffle. I would also like to thank the local Nissan dealership who donated...uh...hmmm..oh sorry...they were not able to donate anything but did wish us "good luck". Thanks for supporting the Z community...

Fourth, I would to thank everyone that generously donated to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation, either through the raffle tickets, a separate donation, or both. As witnessed, my niece holds a very special place in my heart, and I'm pleased to announce that $912 was raised! As promissed I will match that amount (ouch!!!). Thank you very much.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone that was able to make it. Every time I go to a meet I am reminded of just how great the cars are (Zs and Gs), by the people that drive them. This is one of the few cars that seems to draw people across every "demographic" - from students to corporate executives, people born in the 1950s and people born in the 1980s (and years in between), people that love the car for it's looks and others for it's performance, and the list could go on ad infinitum. Half the reason I go to the meets is for the cars and the other half is to see the people that have become my friends. Thanks.

Roger

LINKS
Initial thread (pics on page 9-10)
Cape Cod Meet Pictures (on My350Z.com)
Pics by Andrew (on NECZ.org)
Pics by JHChan (on Comcast.net) Pics by 350Zzzz (on 350zconnect.com)
Pics by FrankieZZ (on 350Zuk.com)
Pics by 350Zzzz (on 350zconnect.com)

BTW, here's an update on the LobsterZ, after today's lunch and dinner. Sorry!

Last edited by Anyone2u; 05-09-2004 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:04 PM
CelticPride2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You definitely deserve some thanks too, Roger. The hard work of people like yourself is what makes these events turn out so perfectly. Even though I wasn't able to stick around for the entire evening of post-meet entertainment, I had an awesome time.

Glad to see all those lobsters didn't go to waste. I'll take leftovers like that every day of the week (and twice on Sundays).
Old 05-10-2004, 03:34 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger, you and Deb should be congratulated for putting on a great meet.

Last night I looked at the sheets Deb gave everyone and I don't think people realize how much work was put into that.

Although I missed the lobsterfest and cruise, the barbeque you put together was awesome.

You also did a great job with the raffles and the donation amount you received for the charity is outstanding.

Looking forward to getting together again with everyone in the near future.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:54 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Default Re: Cape Cod Meet - Thanks.

Originally posted by Anyone2u

BTW, here's an update on the LobsterZ, after today's lunch and dinner. Sorry!

LOL. Glad to see you killed that beer too! You couldn't finish off that last lobster? You must be "lobstered out" by now (if thats possible).

Great job Deb and thanks again for the hospitality Roger. Please thank your brother for all of us too. He really went out of his way for us. Glad to see you raised some $ for Cystic Fibrosis. Good job. Lets do it again!
Old 05-10-2004, 04:30 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Wow...what did we miss vic.......look at all those yummy lobsters.

And, David is not going to let me off easy for the record time I managed my quarter mile.......at ATCO. Wanna race David

Had fun guys, even if we missed the lobster feast; at least I stayed on my diet.

Thanks Deb, Roger and everyone who made the meet a success by being there.

Jeff's rendition of a lobster feast what focus and the attention to a single task.......ravishing the poor critters

What do they cost per pound?

G
Old 05-10-2004, 05:44 PM
jhchan

Many many many thanks to you Roger and Deb. We couldn't have asked for more dedicated Z freaks! I hope we can have something half as good again in the near future. Maybe get some actual Nissan support this time That might be possible if we do it near Boston since they probably have some more flexibility. I actually live right down the street from Quirk Nissan (Quincy) which I heard is one of the largest in New England.

Can you guess what I happened to be faced with for dinner on Sunday night?!?! We walked into a local Chinese place which was featuring a LOBSTER buffet!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 06:19 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
Jeff's rendition of a lobster feast what focus and the attention to a single task.......ravishing the poor critters

What do they cost per pound?

G
All that effort you have to spend getting them out of the shells just make them taste that much better.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:24 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default I'm with you

Originally posted by CelticPride2
All that effort you have to spend getting them out of the shells just make them taste that much better.
Love those crustaceans, lots of work but worth the effort. So when is the next feast scheduled for?

G
Old 05-10-2004, 06:26 PM
djkern
Banned

next time....i better not have plans! i spent all morning taking engagement pictures with the wedding photographer! damn....i always miss these things! (dont' kill me roger!! i'll get to one....i promise!! )
Old 05-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Default Re: Re: Cape Cod Meet - Thanks.

Originally posted by 35ounces
LOL. Glad to see you killed that beer too!...Lets do it again!
I was hoping you would catch that beer one David! That really was a great time! Unfortunately I know that there are some pictures taken later on that night/morning that may come back to haunt me at some point, but then again, ahem, I do have my own pictures that I took after 2:30 AM so be forewarned! I also should post pictures of the bedrooms that some of the people slept in as they are too funny! I can't help but thinking that it was like a scene out of The Bill Chill.

In any event, I did call and thank the Corp of Engineers this morning and dropped a hint that we may like to do it again next year at the same place...

As far as the lobsters cost per pound, my brother gave me the bill today at work and he was off by a "little bit"! Ended up being around $6 per pound and we went through a little over 50 pounds! Definitely worth it and thanks for helping me cook 'em Dave!

I still think my favorite part of the entire day was when my "mild mannered buddy" Eduardo (and his GF Julie) decided to show Ascher (and his GF Sheila) the correct way to do doughnuts. My side still hurts from laughing so hard! Ascher did come back to hold his own and I have never seen tires smoke so much! BTW has anyone heard from Ascher since he left the party???

Djkern (David), don't you have enough pictures of your fiancee already? Just kidding, and hopefully at some point I'll get my car back and someone will have another meet! BTW I suppose it's just as well you didn't show up as it would have been really confusing with yet another David in the mix!

And finally, speaking of getting my car back, below is an email I received from my friend today (Monday). This is why you should never ever feel bad for me not having my car...

"_ _ _ _ _ wants to borrow the car, mount wheels and tires like the ones in the picture (except the spokes would be dark charcoal) and photograph it for their catalog. They would pick the car up and bring it back on a flatbed (not driven). Good chance they would leave the wheels and tires on it (19's). Is that OK with you?"

How do you say no?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:52 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Cape Cod Meet - Thanks.

And finally, speaking of getting my car back, below is an email I received from my friend today (Monday). This is why you should never ever feel bad for me not having my car...
Well, then we need a little get together somewhere to celebrate when you get your ride back! I'll bring your "Bravo D1"

--mike
Old 05-11-2004, 06:03 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Oh yeah…….we need to break open a bottle of champagne for the home coming queen

G
Old 05-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
Oh yeah…….we need to break open a bottle of champagne for the home coming queen

G
Gerald, that has got to be one of the funniest responses I have ever read. I am still laughing as I type this!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:50 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

I enjoyed cooking those lobsters Roger! Had a blast.
Thanks again.
I posted my pics here

Last edited by 35ounces; 05-11-2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:14 AM
rca

I'd like to say thanks to Deb and Roger and anyone else who had a hand in organizing this event.

This was the first car meet that I've ever participated in, and I had an excellent time. Having never been to any kind of car meet before, and also because I'm a G35 owner and I don't usually participate on this forum, I didn't know anybody ahead of time and I wasn't really sure what to expect. Everybody I met was very friendly and it was great to get the chance to meet and talk with so many of you.

As for the meet itself, everything seemed extremely well planned: location, food, the raffle, and of course the route for the cruise was incredible. I only wish I could have stayed for the lobster fest. I think the bar has been set very high.

I look forward to doing this again.

-Bob

P.S. I went through two rolls of film during the day and I'll post the pictures (in the pics thread) as soon as I can.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:45 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Gerald, that has got to be one of the funniest responses I have ever read. I am still laughing as I type this!
Laughter -- An interior convulsion, producing a distortion of the features and accompanied by inarticulate noises. It is infectious and, though intermittent, incurable.

Fear not my friend, we shall master the Sturm und Drang.

G

I could not tread these perilous paths in safety, if I did not keep a saving sense of humor~ Lord Nelson ~
Old 05-11-2004, 07:26 PM
notlownf

Roger,

You and Deb deserve all the credit. This meet was great and will be hard to top.

I don't have any pics.... But I do have some video from 2am that will come back to haunt you (as well as Eugene and Rick). I also have some video of the racoon, but it's not very good.

I took mostly video but the few pics I took are here...

http://users.adelphia.net/~notlownf/...t%205-8-04.htm
Old 05-12-2004, 03:26 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Spoke to Ascher today, apparently with Rick's help he now has the G-Games bolted on; not a minute too soon, considering he scraped the last couple of threads, completing his doughnut training…….no Roger, not Krispy Kreme.......they look more like non DOT approved slicks.....

Ascher has a tall story to tell, but he’s sworn me to secrecy; says he’ll tell at Roger’s prom night ball wants to mount, I mean - ride, I mean take a ride in your starship.

Will you be having your queen carried on platform by a half-dozen burly men?

G