Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Supercharged Z's in the NE

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Edogg218

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged Z's in the NE

I live in NH, but I'm thinking of taking the FI plunge and want to check out someone's kit before purchasing...anyone want to meet up?
Old 10-08-2004, 06:42 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Default Re: Supercharged Z's in the NE

Originally posted by Edogg218
I live in NH, but I'm thinking of taking the FI plunge and want to check out someone's kit before purchasing...anyone want to meet up?
This time of year there arent too many meets left but go to g350z.com and check out the locals. There are a lot of guys with superchargers in the area or you might want to just call Avalon. He usually has SC cars around. They have done alot of them.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Barzten1

Avalon took care of me!
Old 10-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Edogg218

I used to have a Spec V, and Paul sold me some brakes and other things--I'll give him a call. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One of our customers outside Boston just installed his HKS S/C and is loving it
Old 10-09-2004, 07:57 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

The new HKS does appear more superior than most SC currently on the market. Apart, from being a more complete system; it uses more efficient traction drive rollers; instead of the traditional gear-wheels. It has a closed oil circulation system, more-or-less like the ATI procharger; but with a more efficient lubricant cooling system. Overall it is a more well thought out F1 system; But, obviously, with a higher cost, compared to domestic systems. Most domestic system try to cut corners, by increasing the fuel pressure, to achieve boost; which does work (to some extent), but none-the-less flawed and unreliable.

If cost is a factor than one of the domestic systems may be the way to go; even a used system; for that matter.

I have the ATI procharger; but without the mechanical FMU and the secondary inline fuel pump.

Whatever, you do make certain that you check your radiator (engine side where the compressor is located) after the installation, as accidents to the radiator has been known to occur during installation.

G

Last edited by 350Zzzz; 10-09-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Edogg218

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
The new HKS does appear more superior than most SC currently on the market. Apart, from being a more complete system; it uses more efficient traction drive rollers; instead of the traditional gear-wheels. It has a closed oil circulation system, more-or-less like the ATI procharger; but with a more efficient lubricant cooling system. Overall it is a more well thought out F1 system; But, obviously, with a higher cost, compared to domestic systems. Most domestic system try to cut corners, by increasing the fuel pressure, to achieve boost; which does work (to some extent), but none-the-less flawed and unreliable.

If cost is a factor than one of the domestic systems may be the way to go; even a used system; for that matter.

I have the ATI procharger; but without the mechanical FMU and the secondary inline fuel pump.

Whatever, you do make certain that you check your radiator (engine side where the compressor is located) after the installation, as accidents to the radiator has been known to occur during installation.

G
Thanks for the information--I need to do some more research into the HKS kit.

I'm one of those people that would rather wait another month or two to get the best product instead of buying junk and paying for it later. Part of the reason I wanted to check out some of the kits out there in person was to see the fit, finish and quality. I remember going to a big Maxima meet in Jersey City a few years ago and was unimpressed with the overall quality of the Stillen supercharger kits for the 4th gen Maxima's.

Also, any kit will be installed by myself, so I'll definately be taking the extra time to make sure that I don't tear into my radiator--any excuse to upgrade, right?
Old 10-10-2004, 07:34 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are not doing anything this Saturday.. come down to this meet:

http://boston-motorsports.com/forums...&threadid=1849

There will be at least 2 supercharged 350z's there.. One an ATI and one a Vortech.

--mike