Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Summer Drive

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Batman3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summer Drive

Any one interested in doing a summer drive to the beach or any where else. I was thinking about the end of Auguest or the first part of Sept.

Interior:

Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Sport Pedal Set with Dead Pedal
Double Den Valor DVD Player
Play Station 2
Three Viper 10" Subs
Four 6 1/2 Diamond Audio Component Speakers
One 2400 Watt 1 Channel Avionixx Audio Amp.
One 600 Watt 4 Channel Avionixx Audio Amp.
Custom Box for the Viper 10" Subs
Custom Box for the Avionixx Amps

Exterior:

Kaminari Lip Kit
Carbon Fiber Pillars
Seibon Carbon Fiber Wing
Seibon VT Style Carbon Fiber Hood
Windows Tinted at 20%

Engine:

Injen Cold Air Intake
Old 08-10-2005, 07:31 PM
ANXIOUZ

I'm in. Maddog mentioned the same thing. Most roads from I-5 to the coast are fun so maybe we can find something between Seattle and Portland since that's where most of us are grouped together.

I think 9/3 would work best for me but I'm open for most weekends. Even if it's just 3-4 cars I'm up for any weekend.

In fact, besides this weekend I'm up for any meets on Sat's or Sun's.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:18 PM
MADDOG`

I've got a route planned I just travelled last weekend, if anyone is interested. Starting in Hillsboro or Forest Grove, take Hwy 8 to Hwy 6. Hwy 6 to Tillamook. Take Hwy 101 North for a few miles because it's always nice to go to the Tillamook County Creamery Association (Tillamook Cheese), get some goodies and go on from there.

Back to Tillamook, take Hwy 131 around the edge of Netarts Bay and stop at the Whiskey River Inn for some lunch.

Take Hwy 131 to Hwy 101, then Hwy 101 S to Hebo. Catch Hwy 22 East to Hwy 18 close to Sheridan. Hwy 18 to McMinnville, then cut over to Hwy 47 back to Hillsboro.

All in all it's 180 miles and will take most of the day. Hwy 22 is a total blast and lightly used. Most RV's stay off it as it's tight, twisty and a bit narrow in places as is Hwy 131. In fact, the whole route, except for a bit on Hwy 6 (but there's passing lanes to use) is usually very open, with little or no traffic and you won't run into slow, lumbering RV's like you will on Hwy 26 or Hwy 101. I'll warn you that Hwy 131 is a bit rough and bumpy in spots but it's only about a 15 mile stretch. Hwy 22 is very well paved and in excellent condition.

Who's up? 9/3 is open for me too.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Batman3

Originally Posted by MADDOG`
I've got a route planned I just travelled last weekend, if anyone is interested. Starting in Hillsboro or Forest Grove, take Hwy 8 to Hwy 6. Hwy 6 to Tillamook. Take Hwy 101 North for a few miles because it's always nice to go to the Tillamook County Creamery Association (Tillamook Cheese), get some goodies and go on from there.

Back to Tillamook, take Hwy 131 around the edge of Netarts Bay and stop at the Whiskey River Inn for some lunch.

Take Hwy 131 to Hwy 101, then Hwy 101 S to Hebo. Catch Hwy 22 East to Hwy 18 close to Sheridan. Hwy 18 to McMinnville, then cut over to Hwy 47 back to Hillsboro.

All in all it's 180 miles and will take most of the day. Hwy 22 is a total blast and lightly used. Most RV's stay off it as it's tight, twisty and a bit narrow in places as is Hwy 131. In fact, the whole route, except for a bit on Hwy 6 (but there's passing lanes to use) is usually very open, with little or no traffic and you won't run into slow, lumbering RV's like you will on Hwy 26 or Hwy 101. I'll warn you that Hwy 131 is a bit rough and bumpy in spots but it's only about a 15 mile stretch. Hwy 22 is very well paved and in excellent condition.

Who's up? 9/3 is open for me too.
That is a great idea lets do it on 9/3 what about a meet time and where is very one coming from. Im in Marysville and will meet any where.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM
GRD

Originally Posted by Batman3
That is a great idea lets do it on 9/3 what about a meet time and where is very one coming from. Im in Marysville and will meet any where.

SWEET! I think I have enough notice to get the day off! I'll do my best to be there. Going to put in a time-off request and see if I can bring the wifey along. I'm coming down from Aberdeen, wa. Where would we be meeting up? YEAH!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
ANXIOUZ

The closer to Portland we meet up the more likely I can make it. This route pretty much heads over from Portland anyway though.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Batman3

How about the people close to Seattle meet up and then the rest of us meet in Van. WA. What time does every one want to meet up in Seattle I think 9 am.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:37 AM
GRD

wait, that's labor day weekend... might not be able to make it. I work retail. I'll be asking my boss today to see what's up. crap.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:26 AM
MADDOG`

Let's talk about what time we will leave, as a group, from Hillsboro, OR...waiting for the WA folks to get here and such.

9/3 works for me...it may be a bit slow on Hwy 6 as folks will be going over to the coast for the long weekend, if they haven't already left on Friday.

I know for a fact it will be slow on Hwy 101 but we won't be on it very long.

Let's start a list of who is coming. I'll post a separate message on this thread with NW Coast CruiZe as the title and my name in the text box. Then each of you who are interested in going simply "quote" the list of names, add yours and post your reply. Don't just post your name...quote the list and add yours to it.

Sounds like fun. Who wants to lead this parade???
Old 08-13-2005, 08:28 AM
MADDOG`

Exclamation NW Coast CruiZe

List of those going on the NW Coast CruiZe on 9/3. Put your forum name here and where you will be originating from.

MADDOG` - Hillsboro, OR
Old 08-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Batman3

Let's talk about what time we will leave, as a group, from Hillsboro, OR...waiting for the WA folks to get here and such.

9/3 works for me...it may be a bit slow on Hwy 6 as folks will be going over to the coast for the long weekend, if they haven't already left on Friday.

I know for a fact it will be slow on Hwy 101 but we won't be on it very long.

Let's start a list of who is coming. I'll post a separate message on this thread with NW Coast CruiZe as the title and my name in the text box. Then each of you who are interested in going simply "quote" the list of names, add yours and post your reply. Don't just post your name...quote the list and add yours to it.

Sounds like fun. Who wants to lead this parade???

I think that you should lead the parade since you know of where we are going.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Batman3

List of those going on the NW Coast CruiZe on 9/3. Put your forum name here and where you will be originating from.

MADDOG` - Hillsboro, OR
MADDOG` - Hillsboro, OR
Batman3 - Marysville, WA
Old 08-13-2005, 03:23 PM
MADDOG`

Originally Posted by Batman3
I think that you should lead the parade since you know of where we are going.
ya'all are gonna get lost if ya follow me!!! hehehe...

I'll be glad to lead the parade. I'll try to maintain a safe and sane speed but I can't promise there won't be a bit of spirited driving involved. However, I am mindful that many of you probably have never been on Hwy 22 between Hebo and Sheridan so I'll be careful.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:25 PM
MADDOG`

Vancouver and PDX folks, let's meet in Hillsboro at the Hillsboro airport parking lot right in front of the terminal. Time to be determined depending on how many folks are coming down from up North and what time they can be here. If they leave at 9am it will be a good 3.5 hours before they get to Hwy 26 then on to Hillsboro.

Anybody from Seattle and points therein coming down? If so, I can provide directions to the meeting point in Hillsboro. Just let me know. PM or post here.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Batman3

Vancouver and PDX folks, let's meet in Hillsboro at the Hillsboro airport parking lot right in front of the terminal. Time to be determined depending on how many folks are coming down from up North and what time they can be here. If they leave at 9am it will be a good 3.5 hours before they get to Hwy 26 then on to Hillsboro.

Anybody from Seattle and points therein coming down? If so, I can provide directions to the meeting point in Hillsboro. Just let me know. PM or post here.

Yes go ahead and provide directions to HIllsboro because I am going to try to get everyone to meet in Seattle.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:42 PM
MADDOG`

I-5 South to Portland. You'll come almost into PDX on I-5. Look for the Hwy 26/I-405 South Exit. Take that, cross over the BIG Bridge (Freemont Bridge), get in second from left lane. You'll pass under several overpasses, then look for the signs for Hwy 26/Ocean Beaches. Take Hwy 26 exit, go through the tunnel and continue on Hwy 26 to the Shute Road exit. (Approx. 12 miles).

Take the Shute Road exit and turn left at the top of the ramp onto Shute Road. You will stay on this road all the way to Cornell Road (about 4 lights). Shute Road turns into Dawson Creek Parkway at the second light. Don't Turn! Stay on the road you are on all the way to the airport.

You'll see the Hillsboro Airport on your right at Cornell Road. Turn right onto Cornell Road. On the right at the next light is the airport terminal and parking lot. Look for some Z's there.

Let me know what time you expect to leave the Seattle area and approx. when you'll get to Hillsboro. Hillsboro is about 30 minutes, depending on traffic, from PDX where you get on the I-405 South highway. I'll gather folks here to be at the Hillsboro airport approx. 3.5 hours after your departure time.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:27 AM
rolling

id be intrested in that also!!
i will try to get time off,
founds FUN!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:09 AM
MADDOG`

Originally Posted by rolling
id be intrested in that also!!
i will try to get time off,
founds FUN!
rolling, if you get the time off, add your name to the list and paste it here. I'll keep track of the count. Hope you can make it and let your folks know about it!!!! I'm hoping Maxim can come as well.

Maxim??? Maxim??? You up for this?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 AM
GRD

SWEET! What are the chances that I get 2 weekends off in a row? I'm there!

As the Seattle guys are coming down, I could meet up in Olympia, or just head down myself, whatever is easiest. You guys from the north, let me know about what time you are heading down from Seattle. I could give one of you my cell # and just give me a call when you are leaving. I'm about 45 min. from I-5, so it should be pretty smooth to meet up there.

So the list is looking like...

MADDOG` - Hillsboro, OR
Batman3 - Marysville, WA
GRD - Aberdeen, Wa
Old 08-15-2005, 08:10 AM
ANXIOUZ

MADDOG` - Hillsboro, OR
maximZ - Portland, OR

Batman3 - Marysville, WA
GRD - Aberdeen, Wa
Yeah I'm in. I forgot about the holiday though. Would another weekend work out better? I'm still up for the 3rd but nothing chaps my hide like being in traffic heading out to the coast.

Quick Reply: Summer Drive