Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

2008 NWN GG Z/G Pre-meet Sign-up

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
first350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drivesolo
The key is not to get caught in a situation where you will be trapped cuz of all the double/triple parking going on.
+1...I'm taking off around lunch time - if we *have* to park in the double/tripple parking area, we should make sure that it's all Z/G's...that way when one of us needs to leave, we at least have a chance to find those who are blocking us in.

the red portion is where ppl parked 2-3 deep...the green portion only allows for single parking (so we need to arrive on time to ensure we get the good parking!)

Old 03-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Additionally, if we are forced to use the red parking, let's stack it deep with those of us arriving at the same time -- that way you could ask for the cel numbers of those ahead of you.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 AM
sno

Originally Posted by drivesolo
Last year there was not enough room for everyone that wanted to be there. Parking flowed into the Marina and filled up the parking across the train tracks. This year the parking across the train tracks are not accessible due to road closures so parking will be at a premium.

Once we get there, you can leave anytime you want. The event runs until about 4PM. We've go no plans once we're there, everyone is pretty much on their own unless someone wants to porpose something? The key is not to get caught in a situation where you will be trapped cuz of all the double/triple parking going on. If we get into the spots that we have planned, we'll be free to leave whenever we feel like.
You're probably going to have to be there at 6AM to grab those spots.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:27 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah, the actual main hub of the NWN meet is 2 parking lots north of the one we're going to be at. The lot we'll be at is where most of the car will be parked (due to double/triple parking). Last year we attempted to drive into the northern most lot and found it was completely packed. We went to this location at about 9:45 AM and we were able to get some of those spots. The problem is we kept together as a group and some of us got stuck when the lot started getting crazy. We should be fine as long as we keep in good communications w/ each other.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 AM
drivesolo

Originally Posted by Rahtok
Additionally, if we are forced to use the red parking, let's stack it deep with those of us arriving at the same time -- that way you could ask for the cel numbers of those ahead of you.
+1. If need be we should definately use this method. Everyone should keep this in mind if parking does not turn out to be as we expected.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Mixturepinoy

In case we end up stacking, i'll bring a sign up list and i will get people's plate numbers, names, and phone numbers. I will also pass out my number. this is in case someone needs to leave and is boxed in.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 AM
sno

From NWN:
Originally Posted by Gaelen
only 40? ;P

seriously though...we have fit over 400 cars before, I don't see it being a problem at all...We will figure out parking, you have no need to worry

the more the merrier IMO
Old 03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
JOKER

Originally Posted by Mixturepinoy
In case we end up stacking, i'll bring a sign up list and i will get people's plate numbers, names, and phone numbers. I will also pass out my number. this is in case someone needs to leave and is boxed in.

How many people are you planing to box in?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Mixturepinoy

Originally Posted by JOKER
How many people are you planing to box in?
last year some of us were boxed in 4 deep
Old 03-26-2008, 02:21 PM
drivesolo

No plans to box in anyone yet. We will see how it is when we get there. It's possible that we will be the only ones getting there that early. It's also possible that the area we want will all be taken by some other group that got outta bed a half-hour earlier than us. At this pont no one knows. We'll hope for the best but be prepared for a less than optimal situation. That's all we can do.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:32 PM
pacfwu

We should just show up the night before and block off the entire lot by parking our cars in a giant "Z" shape. I bet no one would be getting up early enough to ruin that plan.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 PM
HaulinZ

lol
Old 03-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Z33VQ35

Originally Posted by wasuber
I'll bring an orange cone to save you a spot
Oringe cone rocks!!

I'm assuming some of you organizers will be at Northgate early? I will try to get there a little early. But, from listning to what yall are talking about last years times and parking situations, we must leave Northgate at 830 sharp. 30mins of sleep is easy to give up for great parking spots..

Last edited by Z33VQ35; 03-26-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Last night I had to explain to a friend why I'm busy on Sunday. I felt like such a huge geek (which is true), explaining to her how I've been looking forward to this for a couple months now! I don't know how those of you with wives/fiancees/gfs are able to bring them. I don't know a single chick that would want to come AND that I'd want to bring along.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:28 PM
sno

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Last night I had to explain to a friend why I'm busy on Sunday. I felt like such a huge geek (which is true), explaining to her how I've been looking forward to this for a couple months now! I don't know how those of you with wives/fiancees/gfs are able to bring them. I don't know a single chick that would want to come AND that I'd want to bring along.
I thought about bringing a girl but figured I'd end up spending most of my time baby sitting her rather than meeting everyone and checking out the cars - which is the purpose of this, right???.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Bleach

Getting out there at 7am for a meet that starts at 10am is getting rediculous. This is such an overcrowded event.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
CrazyRuskie

My wife would rather go with me then sit at home by herself otherwise. She likes going to the meets anyways, she has fun with everyone. I guess its just another one of her traits that make her special :-P
Old 03-27-2008, 02:15 PM
mx48

Might have to bring studded snow tires,crazy,must be global warming!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 PM
first350

lol...my wife is not into cars at all - but she enjoys spending time w/ me and comes to events b/c she loves me ... she even knows what DOHC stands for! (IMO if you want a marriage to work, you have to truly put the other person first)
Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Mixturepinoy

I ask my wife to come to make her feel included in my interests. she wants to go to GG to make me happy, but she's not too interested in going. so we have a deal, if it rains or snows, she's not going, but if it's a nice day, she's going.

Quick Reply: 2008 NWN GG Z/G Pre-meet Sign-up