Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Fatal Bike Accident in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Looks Fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatal Bike Accident in Seattle

Hope this wasn't any of us on the forums or anyone that someone knew. I witnessed this accident when I was coming back from The Ballroom in Fremont last night.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rcycle13m.html
Old 07-13-2008, 11:27 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Damn, whats up with all these bike wrecks, DAMN! Heres another one over at my other forum.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238341

I regret greatly to say that we have lost a fellow rider and friend due to traggically fetal crash yesterday. This is one of the hardest things to hear and face as riders but even more so for the family and friends that it affects so greatly. Yesterday July, 12th 2008 at 1:05 am we lost a good friend in a motercycle accident. It happend as a respectable rider was on his way home when he was caught between a unforgiving curve and bike that shows respect to no one. He lost control and was slung from the bike as he met his fate when colliding with a damn telephone pole wich was conviently placed in his path. This hits close to home for me and I feel we should all be reminded in these hard times of how fragil life is and unforgiving our sport can be. Andrew was only 19yrs. old and had not even begun to live life he will not soon be forgoten. Our thought a prayers go out to his friends and family.

Please most of you will probably read this and forget but I wont it costed my friend the ultimate sacrifce; Bikes dont show us any respect thats why we must. RIP Andrew will miss you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by yamaha rider_23 : Today at 01:54 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 07-13-2008, 11:39 AM
jjaujou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zand02max
Damn, whats up with all these bike wrecks, DAMN! Heres another one over at my other forum.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238341

I regret greatly to say that we have lost a fellow rider and friend due to traggically fetal crash yesterday. This is one of the hardest things to hear and face as riders but even more so for the family and friends that it affects so greatly. Yesterday July, 12th 2008 at 1:05 am we lost a good friend in a motercycle accident. It happend as a respectable rider was on his way home when he was caught between a unforgiving curve and bike that shows respect to no one. He lost control and was slung from the bike as he met his fate when colliding with a damn telephone pole wich was conviently placed in his path. This hits close to home for me and I feel we should all be reminded in these hard times of how fragil life is and unforgiving our sport can be. Andrew was only 19yrs. old and had not even begun to live life he will not soon be forgoten. Our thought a prayers go out to his friends and family.

Please most of you will probably read this and forget but I wont it costed my friend the ultimate sacrifce; Bikes dont show us any respect thats why we must. RIP Andrew will miss you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by yamaha rider_23 : Today at 01:54 AM. Reason: grammer
The grammar, she makes me cringe. Nothing gets a message lost on people faster.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Natural Selection, wonder if alcohol was involved?? The time showed 1:05 AM just before closing time.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
ScrObot

Originally Posted by jjaujou
Amen. I'm still trying to figure out what a "fetal crash" is.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:09 PM
bodayguy

I drove past that going the other way on I-5 last night. The troopers and rescue folks were out in big numbers. My thought was, man, somebody didn't end well. Sorry to see this story. RIP.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Divergent13

Originally Posted by jjaujou
You would think that someone making a post of a friend dying would at least spend a minute or two proof reading it. Also browsers these days come with built-in spell checks. What's so hard?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Umai Kakudo

I was driving by the scene of the Mercer St. exit on Sunday morning.

I knew it was bad when I saw the helmet styrofoam inner shell lying by itself in the center lane and then the outer fiberglass shell further down the road.

Prayers and sympathy go out to the friends and family. Keep it safe out on the streets and stay alert and watch out for the bikers. They need all the help they can get.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 AM
SFMACGUY

Every Summer this stuff happens. Kids go out and buy bikes, that are too powerful, and expensive, not saving any money for correct gear. After riding for the past 10 years, it seems every May/June the new batch of squids come out.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Wow....love how everyone is so quick to rush to judgment. Unless you read something I didn't, how can you guys assume this had to do with the rider being drunk or being a squid? Maybe he hit gravel, maybe a car swerved into his lane or slammed on its brakes, maybe his tire blew out, or countless other possibilities. Maybe he was wearing a jacket, or whatever else too...get off your high horses.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 AM
EIGHT08FLIP

All I know is if you ride a bike hope you are riding safe. I seen 2 bikes almost get cleaned out by a SUV this weekend. So be safe out there.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Wow....love how everyone is so quick to rush to judgment. Unless you read something I didn't, how can you guys assume this had to do with the rider being drunk or being a squid? Maybe he hit gravel, maybe a car swerved into his lane or slammed on its brakes, maybe his tire blew out, or countless other possibilities. Maybe he was wearing a jacket, or whatever else too...get off your high horses.
+1
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 AM
pinkbraprincess

Originally Posted by Azumoth
Hope this wasn't any of us on the forums or anyone that someone knew. I witnessed this accident when I was coming back from The Ballroom in Fremont last night.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rcycle13m.html

I ride to live for my 13 year old daughter, but **** happens sometimes. We just lost a guy here in Mount Vernon a couple blocks from his house, a cargo truck blew a stop sign and he couldn't stop.
Sad...........I feel for the families and friends. Ride Safe and Drive Safe.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
pacfwu

One of my best friends died in a motorcycle accident a few years back. He was just riding down the street all normal and proper-like. Stopped at the intersection was a van. The intersection didn't have much visibility and the van just pulled right out in front of Tyson and he couldn't stop. While technically it was the van driver's fault for pulling out, realistically, neither one of them was to blame. He didn't see Tyson and, even riding properly,Tyson couldn't avoid him. Just one of those things that happens. No rhyme nor reason.

Probably one of the best (well, worst) examples of a pure accident.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:34 AM
desiZ

I saw one a week ago on the 91 West near the intersection of the 110N & the 91.. was in a bus and snapped these pics...

Please be careful, fellow-bike-riders

Old 07-14-2008, 12:47 PM
jjaujou

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol

Originally Posted by zand02max
Andrew was only 19yrs. old

Let's just call it an unbiased yet still rationally justified hypothesis, that I completely stand behind. At 19 years old you have what, maybe two years on the street in or on anything? Regardless of his skill level on a motorcycle in a safe and controlled environment, his basic abilities such as gauging speeds, predicting traffic movement and flow, reaction time and degree (IE, control stops you, panic throws you over the handlebars), his maturity, and his ability to read, judge, and act on a 70MPH situation with less thought than it takes to breathe all negatively contributed to the odds of his remaining unscathed on a motorcycle.

Was it completely his own fault? Possibly, but do we know for sure? No. It's simply a shame that he died, along with so many other young and inexperienced riders.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
CrazyRuskie

^^ 19 years old? The article says 35 years old. Where are you getting your information?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
jjaujou

Originally Posted by vstrizheus
^^ 19 years old? The article says 35 years old. Where are you getting your information?
I should have clarified, you're right. I was referring to what I assumed were comments about the grammatically challenged notification of death below the first post. 35 year olds are rarely referred to as squids who don't buy gear, seeing as how they're usually old enough to have caught a glimpse of their own mortality by then.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 PM
sno

Rip.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM
wasuber

thats grim desiZ

Quick Reply: Fatal Bike Accident in Seattle