Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Where To Get Brakes Done?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 07:57 PM
guru_ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where To Get Brakes Done?

Hi Everyone!

I need your help. I took my 350Z to Stevens Creek Nissan today to get my front tires replaced and an alignment done. They told me that I need new brake pads in the front. My brakes have been squeaking on and off for a few months so I know they need to be done. They quoted me $330 which also includes resurfacing the rotors (the service adviser said they always do it on the Z). Anyway that price seems a little steep. Can anyone recommend another shop and provide me with a ball park figure of the cost? Thanks!
Old 01-21-2006, 02:06 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guru_ck
Hi Everyone!

I need your help. I took my 350Z to Stevens Creek Nissan today to get my front tires replaced and an alignment done. They told me that I need new brake pads in the front. My brakes have been squeaking on and off for a few months so I know they need to be done. They quoted me $330 which also includes resurfacing the rotors (the service adviser said they always do it on the Z). Anyway that price seems a little steep. Can anyone recommend another shop and provide me with a ball park figure of the cost? Thanks!
Does the $330 include the alignment as well. Kinda steep if you ask me! How many miles you got? When you do do it, ensure you get fresh brake fluids! Heck for that I would go with the Stoptech Stage 2 upgrade here,

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=3424

or

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1362
Old 01-21-2006, 07:44 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey,

a good friend of mine recently opened up a business in sunnyvale, one wolfe and el camino. They are called World Mufflers, but they do a lot more than just exhuast.

Call: (408) 738-2318

ask for Maynard, one of hte nicest guys you will meet, and tell him Bing referred you to him. He will give you a very nice price for sure.

as for rough cost, since i dont own a Z, i can only go by my car's cost, but hte cost for pads, and resurfacing rotors shouldnt be anywere near 330 bucks...my car would have been around 150-200...but then again, i dont know if its different for a Z.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guru_ck
Hi Everyone!

any local auto shop. Price for replacing brake pad shouldn't cost more than $50. Heck, you can even bring to sear or wheelworks.