Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Dominican University of California?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monokuroboo
lol...do you know how many fights it took to get my mom to pay for my $41 SAT fee for may5?....

LOL...I would look your mother straight in the eyes and say, "Look....do you want me to get into college or what? If you don't pay for these stupid applications then that means I have to work more. I don't have time to work. I have to study for my SATs! So stop being cheap and fork over the bread."
Old 03-02-2007, 11:27 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
LOL...I would look your mother straight in the eyes and say, "Look....do you want me to get into college or what? If you don't pay for these stupid applications then that means I have to work more. I don't have time to work. I have to study for my SATs!
She'd tell me to go do my homework so I can get into college.
So stop being cheap and fork over the bread."
LOL. my mom may be old, but she can still kick my ***.... scary asian moms...they'll be all sick in bed one moment, and like throwing clocks/high heeled shoes/pighair brushes/coffee frenchpress thingies/potted plants/anything in their reach at you with all their strength the next moment.

Last edited by monokuroboo; 03-02-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:25 PM
vince1611

I've heard California got some of the best in the nation and it's a cheaper method to get rid of all your basic classes. Go there like a year, transfer to a UC school with a high GPA, and you may even get a scholarship going in.
You won't get into any CSUs, much less a UC with just 1 year at a comminity college.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 PM
workseuge

dominican is a really small school...but a buddy of mines girlfriend goes there and she likes it...good luck
Old 05-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Manjot

no it sucks. its private but standardless. stay away
Old 05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

holy thread revival. lolllll... I haven't even gaven a second thought about this place.... o_____o"
Old 05-20-2007, 11:30 PM
noypi13

Originally Posted by sean1967
go somewhere with a football team you can be proud of.
GO BEARS!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Changvi

It depends how bad your GPA is in high school. There are sveral options for you. For one, you can attend a loacl community college then transfer after you finished the required courses to schools you want to attend. That gives you a really good chance, if not better than just going right after high school. Try your local community colleges or try Norcal Comm Colleges. There are several here in the bay area, but I will list the more recognized institutions. 1.)De Anza College,2.) West Valley, and 3.) Mission College. These are very well known community colleges with very good transfer ratios, especially De Anza. I personally prefer De Anza because its a fairly nice campus, and accessible to many restaurants within matter of minutes. If you are into Asian food, you are in luck...
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 AM
jondimellow

i can't believe how hard it is to get into a UC now. last time i heard u need atleast a 3.9 and a 12 or 13 hundred..... better start loading up on AP classes NOW.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:43 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by Changvi
It depends how bad your GPA is in high school. There are sveral options for you. For one, you can attend a loacl community college then transfer after you finished the required courses to schools you want to attend. That gives you a really good chance, if not better than just going right after high school. Try your local community colleges or try Norcal Comm Colleges. There are several here in the bay area, but I will list the more recognized institutions. 1.)De Anza College,2.) West Valley, and 3.) Mission College. These are very well known community colleges with very good transfer ratios, especially De Anza. I personally prefer De Anza because its a fairly nice campus, and accessible to many restaurants within matter of minutes. If you are into Asian food, you are in luck...
uh......... I'm not gonna go to norcal for college lol but thanks for the info. -___-" my goal is uni. of chicago...and then med school in ucsanfransico.

Originally Posted by jondimellow
i can't believe how hard it is to get into a UC now. last time i heard u need atleast a 3.9 and a 12 or 13 hundred..... better start loading up on AP classes NOW.
yeah.... it's crazy. my ex got into ucla with a 4.something and 2320 on his SAT (SAT's are out of 2400 now because of an added writing section) and someone I know got rejected from riverside with a 1350 (old SAT scale) and a 3.6....
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Changvi

[QUOTE=monokuroboo]uh......... I'm not gonna go to norcal for college lol but thanks for the info. -___-" my goal is uni. of chicago...and then med school in uc san fransico.[QUOTE]

Uh........if you READ really hard, i think you just contradicted yourself in the response.

Last edited by Changvi; 05-21-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:50 PM
jondimellow

yay for public schooling.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:36 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

[quote=Changvi][quote=monokuroboo]uh......... I'm not gonna go to norcal for college lol but thanks for the info. -___-" my goal is uni. of chicago...and then med school in uc san fransico.

Uh........if you READ really hard, i think you just contradicted yourself in the response.
no i mean like..college like..college thingy right after hs, the stuff you listed. -___-" ugh.
I suck with words.
hahaha either wayyyyyy you get my gist.

i hope.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
jondimellow

goooo... uc merced! woohooo
Old 05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Manjot

lol, my bad for bringin up this old thread. I just had to warn you, lol. that xtra cash can be used for a pair of bride seats ftw! =)
Old 05-22-2007, 03:59 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by Manjot
lol, my bad for bringin up this old thread. I just had to warn you, lol. that xtra cash can be used for a pair of bride seats ftw! =)
lol...the college I'm looking at is WAY expensiver... first year at uni. of chicago is ~50k.... -_____-" and besides, what would I do with a random pair of brides..although it'd be cute to just have them sitting in my room so I could go sit in em when I'm bored I guess.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

lol...the college I'm looking at is WAY expensiver... first year at uni. of chicago is ~50k.... -_____-" and besides, what would I do with a random pair of brides..although it'd be cute to just have them sitting in my room so I could go sit in em when I'm bored I guess.

Expensiver? ...lol. I hope that's not a SAT word. Take it from a person who's got a BS and MS, where you do your undergrad work is not as important as your graduate level work.

Edit: For 50k/year you better be going to an Ivy League University. There's nothing wrong with a good California state school.

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 05-22-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Manjot

Take a pic if you do that!

lol. Anyway, that's hella expensive. Um, like the last guy said, state schools are alright. I dunno, I just decided 2 go to a cc first year, im goin 2 transfer to SCU after I finish my major prereqs. the good thing is that it's hella cheap and there's nothing like the smell of a 4.00
Old 05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Expensiver? ...lol. I hope that's not a SAT word. Take it from a person who's got a BS and MS, where you do your undergrad work is not as important as your graduate level work.

Edit: For 50k/year you better be going to an Ivy League University. There's nothing wrong with a good California state school.
er... yeah, I suck with engrish.
we went over this whole asian status thing parent crap whatever thing earlier in this thread hahahha~
u of chicago is...actually more of an ivy league reject school but oh well.... I'd like to get out of cali for a few years though, born and raised here.... kind of sick of it.
Originally Posted by Manjot
Take a pic if you do that!

lol. Anyway, that's hella expensive. Um, like the last guy said, state schools are alright. I dunno, I just decided 2 go to a cc first year, im goin 2 transfer to SCU after I finish my major prereqs. the good thing is that it's hella cheap and there's nothing like the smell of a 4.00
hahaha if I go to a CSU or a CC or like ucriverside/santacruz/davis, the mother would like flip out and disown me, or the father would ship me off to korea or something lol.
I'll take a pic if anyone donates a pair (or even one seat) to me! and then I'd like love em forever too? hahaha~
Old 05-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Manjot

I guess my credit card could use some more debt, after all the offer's too good lol

seriously i get what ur sayin. My parents had nukes aimed toward my room when i told them that i was goin 2 a cc. now that i have all of the hella hard prereqs done with a 4.0 and some scholarship money, they're cool (i got into davis tho, but whatever).... ok, we have 2 hustle u into Cal somehow, lol!

Quick Reply: Dominican University of California?