Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

I found the perfect place to get an alignment (lowered vehicles too!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I found the perfect place to get an alignment (lowered vehicles too!!)

I know some of are trying to look for a good shop to align your car, so here's my short episode with firestone.

Today, I got an alignment with firestone in sunnyvale and they definitely took care of my car when they had it. The desk guy owns a fixed up srt-4, so he knows to take care of your fixed up car. They made sure my toe/camber was dead on.

As you know.. this car doesn't really drive straight after 7 seconds if you let go of the steering wheel. After owning this car for the past 3 years and aligning it 3-4 times already at the dealer, this is the first time my car has stayed straight for more than 10-20 seconds with no hands. Straight as an arrow! haha

Here are a couple pics I took with my phone to show you guys how low my car was and it still cleared no problem. I put my stock bumper back on though. With a kit you probably won't clear but you could always bring wooden planks. They'll let you.

I believe this alignment machine can accomodate up to 24" wheels no problem.

Name:  align2.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  83.9 KB

as for the info... look for JASON. Tell him david with the lowered dark blue g35 coupe sent you and he'll take care of you.

Firestone
112 E El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

They'll even adjust your alignment for the track. Just specify what settings you want and they'll do it for you!!

hope this helps!!

Last edited by accordfreak; 03-09-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:40 PM
highside107

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
chishifu

how much did you get the alignment for?

ChiShi
Old 03-10-2007, 07:19 AM
anotheraznguy

i still prever auo innovations in minnis circle..
my car is low w/ body kit and they still do mine..
Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Elohite

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
i still prever auo innovations in minnis circle..
my car is low w/ body kit and they still do mine..
+1
same with mine. although it does cut close with my sideksirt clearance. lol
Old 03-10-2007, 06:52 PM
accordfreak

I forgot to add, they'll adjust aftermarket camber kits no problem either!

Originally Posted by chishifu
how much did you get the alignment for?

ChiShi

Around 44-50 for an alignment.

How much does auto innovation charge? I keep hearing performance shops charges over $100 for a single alignment? Correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Cloud

auto innovations charge $80 . more if you have aftermarket a-arms / camber kit.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
dnguyent

Some firestones are better than others. I've had to take my car back to the firestone in Sacramento because after checking with my camber gauge, I found out they were off. It tracked straight, but once side was cambered more then the other. It's pretty hard to find a good alignment shop nowadays, and I've considered doing it myself once. But, you need a rack to make and measure changes, otherwise it's at total PITA.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
chishifu

wow... 44-50... that's a good price... now if only gas wasn't 3.30 so i could actually drive my **** down there.

ChiShi
Old 03-16-2007, 07:03 PM
sickguy

I called Jason today and said you referred me to the shop, and he quoted me $69.99 for the alignment (toe adjustment only), and he said you got the lifetime alignment from him. How can I get the $44-50 alignment job from the shop?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
accordfreak

oh.. hmm i guess i got the price range wrong. I only glanced at the price because I didn't have to pay and thought it was around 44-50.. sorry. still a good deal considering they take care of lowered cars and it's cheaper than performance shops.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:08 AM
nofeardude87

how much is lifetime alignment? and does the lifetime include aftermarket camber kit adjustments?
Old 03-20-2007, 08:49 PM
zmonkeyd

Reg. price for a one time is $69.99 for a life time its $179.99 for as long as you own the car, you can go to any firestone in the US and they should do it for you. Only reasons why they won't take it in is if it doesn't clear the rack or at managers discression. If you have after market parts for adjustments on the car let them know and they should take care of it. I'm a technician at the one in Serramonte so I should know. If you guys need a hook up come see me I'll get you the best price I can. At our shop we can do up to 20 in. rims, only some of the shops have the newer equiptment to do up to 24's. Just about everyone at work has modded or works on modded cars, so we WILL take care of you. Hope I answered some of your guy's questions.

Derrik
Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 PM
jlvvega

Originally Posted by zmonkeyd
Reg. price for a one time is $69.99 for a life time its $179.99 for as long as you own the car, you can go to any firestone in the US and they should do it for you. Only reasons why they won't take it in is if it doesn't clear the rack or at managers discression. If you have after market parts for adjustments on the car let them know and they should take care of it. I'm a technician at the one in Serramonte so I should know. If you guys need a hook up come see me I'll get you the best price I can. At our shop we can do up to 20 in. rims, only some of the shops have the newer equiptment to do up to 24's. Just about everyone at work has modded or works on modded cars, so we WILL take care of you. Hope I answered some of your guy's questions.

Derrik
Were are you located and with are your working hours.
The $69.99 is for the four tires or only two?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
zmonkeyd

we're located at Serramonte mall next to Denny's, on the Macy's side. Far corner. thats for all 4 tires aligned, theres no such thing as a 2 wheel alignment unless your living in the 70's. now everything is 4 wheel, if anyone tells you they only do 2 thats bs. im there everday day till closing which is 8pm. i suggest not comming past 7 for an alignment b/c they wont do it. stores open from 7am-8pm on weekdays, 7am-6pm saturdays, and 9am-5pm on sundays. if im not there tell them you know me and they should hook you up.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
nofeardude87

sorry for my stupidity, but is an alignment at every place the same thing? or do certain shops do a better job than others? I've been taking my car to "performance" shops to do alignments, but if firestone can do the same job for cheaper, i will definitely try it out
Old 03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
accordfreak

Originally Posted by nofeardude87
sorry for my stupidity, but is an alignment at every place the same thing? or do certain shops do a better job than others? I've been taking my car to "performance" shops to do alignments, but if firestone can do the same job for cheaper, i will definitely try it out
no. some of these shops have people who don't give a crap about your car and refuse to work on lowered vehicles. Then there are some that have employees that are car enthusiasts (also have lowered cars) that will take care of you since they know where you're coming from.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:38 PM
zmonkeyd

Originally Posted by accordfreak
Then there are some that have employees that are car enthusiasts (also have lowered cars) that will take care of you since they know where you're coming from.
^
me and my employees!!

Yea some shops just dont care and just want to get the work out of the way, so they do a fast quick crappy job.

The only benefits to bringing your car to some performance shops is IF...
1. They have an alignment machine that is fully updated with the new software and equiptment made by Hunter.
2. A Technician that knows specific specs on individual cars for a performance alignment to accomadate your needs.
( i.e. track use/drifting or daily driving.) most of the time you need to bring in your own specs for camber and toe.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
nofeardude87

Originally Posted by zmonkeyd
^
me and my employees!!

Yea some shops just dont care and just want to get the work out of the way, so they do a fast quick crappy job.

The only benefits to bringing your car to some performance shops is IF...
1. They have an alignment machine that is fully updated with the new software and equiptment made by Hunter.
2. A Technician that knows specific specs on individual cars for a performance alignment to accomadate your needs.
( i.e. track use/drifting or daily driving.) most of the time you need to bring in your own specs for camber and toe.
Since you own a z, do you know what is the lowest a z can be dropped in order to make it up the ramps?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 PM
zmonkeyd

well depends on rim size, body kit ect.. pretty much if the car is not streetable it wont fit. there are alway ways around things like wood planks.