Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

3M - Clear Bra recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:33 AM
sdl13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M - Clear Bra recommendation

Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone has experience with Detailingdynamics in Santa Clara and the 3M clear bra products. I did a search and didn't see them come up.
www.detailingdynamics.com.

They quote the process in sections, the front bumper is $425, the hood is $225 and so on. I think I would do those two sections as well as the mirrors.

thanks,

sdl13
'06 SS ZR
Old 03-23-2007, 10:06 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My suggestion... do it yourself. It's not very difficult, and you can do it all for a lot less. I ordered my kit from http://www.clearmask.com and it cost me $325 shipped. Covered the hood, fenders, front bumper, door edges, headlights and the mirrors. Took me all day, on a Saturday, to put it on.

IMO, Clearmask.com has the easiest DIY kit available. They even throw in the install tools, and an install video, for free.

As far as a local installer, sorry, don't know anybody. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:31 PM
highside107

I would not recommend doing it yourself.

Take it to Omega Tintwerks in Pleasanton. Many, many Z owners and S2000 owners (Vincent, the owner and guy who does all the installs, has a S2000) have taken it to Vince. He did my install for a very reasonable price and the quality of work is excellent. Many Z owners on this board can vouch for him. His number is 925.227.1322. He comes to our meets every now and then and is a cool guy. Tell him you're on the Z forums online and he may throw in something extra for you. Let us know how it goes.

PS: Vince also specializes in tinting, so you may be able to kill two birds with one stone if that's something that interests you.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Boostd4

Originally Posted by highside107
I would not recommend doing it yourself.

Take it to Omega Tintwerks in Pleasanton. Many, many Z owners and S2000 owners (Vincent, the owner and guy who does all the installs, has a S2000) have taken it to Vince. He did my install for a very reasonable price and the quality of work is excellent. Many Z owners on this board can vouch for him. His number is 925.227.1322. He comes to our meets every now and then and is a cool guy. Tell him you're on the Z forums online and he may throw in something extra for you. Let us know how it goes.

PS: Vince also specializes in tinting, so you may be able to kill two birds with one stone if that's something that interests you.

I JUST got this done by Vincent, top notch work . He did throw in a little something extra on mine for knowing the right people. Definitely check this place out.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:24 PM
MyZFiona

i have a detail shop right down town san jose next to ZCG... and i can install the real 3M clear bra for ya... with a 5yr guarantee on the product for alot less then the what u were qouted... pm... if you need it done.. i will be glad too... i also detail cars for ZcarGarage...
Old 03-24-2007, 10:41 AM
MDubbsZ

I wouldn't go back to Vince at Omega Tintworkz. He did a poor job on my install. He also said he'd touch up some of the paint chips before he installed the clearbra - apparently he forgot to do it. i wasn't happy w/ the job, but he still charged me full price. I prefer using someone who will guarantee his work.

Last edited by MDubbsZ; 03-24-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:38 AM
luckistryke

Originally Posted by MDubbsZ
I wouldn't go back to Vince at Omega Tintworkz. He did a poor job on my install. He also said he'd touch up some of the paint chips before he installed the clearbra - apparently he forgot to do it. i wasn't happy w/ the job, but he still charged me full price. I prefer using someone who will guarantee his work.
MDubbsZ, your Z had a lot....and i mean a lot of paint chips, little pits and valley. touch-up paint isnt magic. it wont hide teh fact that the Z had a lot of highway miles. you can ask any paint shop and they will tell you that touch-up wont help w/ that kind of damage. please dont bring me a chipped/pitted laden car and expect the touch-up paint to do miracle. then blame it on my workmanship. i tried using the tip pressure touch-up paint applicator you gave and it didnt work. nothing came out. even if it did work it wouldnt help that much.

"He also said he'd touch up some of the paint chips before he installed the clearbra - apparently he forgot to do it."
-it isnt mandatory, but it is my normal practice to touch-up some of the chips if i have the paint touch-up colors in my inventory. we are a clearbra/tint shop not a paint shop.

"He did a poor job on my install."
-besides the pitted bumper there is nothing wrong w/ teh install. just ask any ClearBra customer at the next Z meet. we both didnt have the chance to fully discuss our options, you paid and stormed out. we guarantee all our work. if you are unhappy we will gladly refund your money. i've been in this automotive film industry since 1989. i do know a thing or two about workmanships and customer services. if i didnt i wouldnt be here much longer.

CALL ME
-vincent
Old 03-25-2007, 09:57 AM
KarmaMag

Vince did an excellent job on my SLK. I brought in a Lorinser SLK and there's no pre-cut kit for such bumper. Vince had to hand cut everything and I couldn't be more happy with his job.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:14 PM
wyzzz

Originally Posted by sdl13
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone has experience with Detailingdynamics in Santa Clara and the 3M clear bra products. I did a search and didn't see them come up.
www.detailingdynamics.com.

They quote the process in sections, the front bumper is $425, the hood is $225 and so on. I think I would do those two sections as well as the mirrors.

thanks,

sdl13
'06 SS ZR
Any pics anyone?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Wbranch

Default DIY Clear Bra

I would not recommend anyone doing a clear bra install to the Z front bumper as it is pretty complex. If you have lots of patience and are willing to possibly screw up a $250 bumper kit maybe you could do it. I had mine done on Monday by a certified 3M installer and it took him six hours of steady work to do the bumper, front lip spoiler, fender tops, mirrors, and front third of the hood. There is no kit for the front lip spoiler so he had to make it up out of another piece of material. I think the hood, fender tops, and mirrors are doable by the average guy as they are much smaller pieces and therefore easier to handle and work with.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
jerrera350

+1 for vince and his clearbra work...!
He did my V2 bumper, from scratch...pimp!

Vince, can you fix a area that dirt got in?

Go Warriors..!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
luckistryke

Originally Posted by jerrera350
+1 for vince and his clearbra work...!
He did my V2 bumper, from scratch...pimp!

Vince, can you fix a area that dirt got in?

Go Warriors..!
give me a call bro or meet me at Ranch 99 friday nite meet. easy fix
Old 05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
efx

buy it from me

HERE

Have a tint shop put it on for you.