Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Four Dead in San Jose Z Crash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:56 PM
chriskabobbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably a bugatti can take a turn at 85 and prevail. but no matter how well the Z corners, no chance at 85.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
microd

http://www.nbc11.com/news/13742979/d...=headlineclick

So sad... teenagers and fast cars... sometimes they just don't mix.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Zshazz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
in addition to whats been said before, honestly, part of the responsiblity lies with the parents, who go him the car. This is why i will never get my future son or daughter a fast car as their first car, cause i remember when i was in HS, sometimes, you just dont know to do the right thing, and sometimes, though rare, the one time you do sometihng stupid will end up like this...

my child's first car will be a NA Volvo...
*cough* ...

My friend in high school drove a white NA volvo and he's been in more accidents and gotten more speeding tickets than me (I've had 0 accidents and 0 ANY tickets). Also, I suppose I shouldn't need to tell you about how Honda Civic drivers street race all the time and get hurt or killed? How about that Chevy Cavalier that crashed in that parking deck because he was drifting?

As a parent, you can give your kid any car you want... if he's dumb in it, it'll be his end. The only thing you can do is give him proper education (read: SCARE TACTICS DO NOT WORK ANYMORE). You can blame anything you like, but thats what it comes down to.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

Originally Posted by Zshazz
*cough* ...

My friend in high school drove a white NA volvo and he's been in more accidents and gotten more speeding tickets than me (I've had 0 accidents and 0 ANY tickets). Also, I suppose I shouldn't need to tell you about how Honda Civic drivers street race all the time and get hurt or killed? How about that Chevy Cavalier that crashed in that parking deck because he was drifting?

As a parent, you can give your kid any car you want... if he's dumb in it, it'll be his end. The only thing you can do is give him proper education (read: SCARE TACTICS DO NOT WORK ANYMORE). You can blame anything you like, but thats what it comes down to.

my kid is getting a huffy 5 speed bike....

to make it more "cool," i'm gonna get spinners and sparklers installed
Old 07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
ZON

Wow! I used to live on Greystone Ln. up on the hill. One time when I was in High School on a Friday night after a kegger I was doing about 90 down Greystone when a big black and very dead dog was laying out right in front of me. I literally got air over him and flew to a perfect landing and kept going. I could tell the dog was pretty stiff too. Oh yeah, i was in my '73 240Z
Old 07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Playboy's Z

love you too james haha.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Chineseguy

Originally Posted by CEO350Z
my kid is getting a huffy 5 speed bike....

to make it more "cool," i'm gonna get spinners and sparklers installed
LOL! watch him come home beaten up by the "cool kids"
Old 07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Chineseguy

Originally Posted by scotts300
Depends on the turn, what lies after it, the radius, etc., etc...
im guessing from the detail and that it is a 90 degress turn.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
in addition to whats been said before, honestly, part of the responsiblity lies with the parents, who go him the car...
+1 on that. You may as well hand your teenager a loaded gun. You just know someone's gonna get hurt.

Cars are not toys.

First thing my dad taught me about driving was that I was holding a 3500lb weapon.

Bought my daughter a used saturn...

Feel bad for the victims here... and their families
Old 07-25-2007, 09:31 PM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz

First thing my dad taught me about driving was that I was holding a 3500lb weapon.
+1. couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Key Lago

Originally Posted by Zshazz
*cough* ...

Couldn't agree with you more. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!! IT"S NOT THE INANIMATE OBJECT'S RESPONSIBILITY!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 AM
burner799

you people who don't know wtf happend or the driver need to stop pulling **** out of your asses. It wasn't a 90 degree turn, It wasn't his parents who bought him the car. erik was far from an idiot and bought the car himself. That turn is easily executable at 85 mph, that doesn't mean its justified but still, dont make out to be like he was just being retarded. He was an extremely bright kid and the outcome of events is horrible.

Whoever is in contact with erik's parents, please let me know when the funeral will be and such. I still have hw he let me borrow in calc, wouldn't have passed that class without him. I left one assignment at the tree and I'd like to give the rest to his mom or leave them with him. It'd mean a lot to me. you can email me at burner799@gmail.com or pm me and i'll try to go on here and check but, I'm an audi guy so i don't frequent this forum, just saw the crosspost from audizine. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Z'd Up

My client had to cancel his appointment with me this Friday, because the victims (pedestrians) were friends of his.

The victims:
The California Highway Patrol identified the walkers as 65-year-old Inder Paul Batra and his 57-year-old wife Uma Batra .

Inder Batra was a physics professor at University of Illinois in Chicago and used to work for IBM here in the Bay Area, NBC11 reported.

His wife was a dietician.

Family members said the couple has two daughters who went to Harvard University.

Here's a video clip http://video.nbc11.com/player/?id=133052
Old 07-26-2007, 09:30 AM
archspeed

Originally Posted by burner799
you people who don't know wtf happend or the driver need to stop pulling **** out of your asses. It wasn't a 90 degree turn, It wasn't his parents who bought him the car. erik was far from an idiot and bought the car himself. That turn is easily executable at 85 mph, that doesn't mean its justified but still, dont make out to be like he was just being retarded. He was an extremely bright kid and the outcome of events is horrible.

Whoever is in contact with erik's parents, please let me know when the funeral will be and such. I still have hw he let me borrow in calc, wouldn't have passed that class without him. I left one assignment at the tree and I'd like to give the rest to his mom or leave them with him. It'd mean a lot to me. you can email me at burner799@gmail.com or pm me and i'll try to go on here and check but, I'm an audi guy so i don't frequent this forum, just saw the crosspost from audizine. Thanks.
Don't troll man, stay in your audi forum and enjoy your 10-cm-diameter snails.

The victims here are clearly the Batras.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Key Lago

Glad you got that out?

Nice guy or not ... 90 degree turn, whatever ... 3 innocent dead people = PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!! Who cares how he acquired the vehicle, it's only a tool anyway. Could have, should have, would have made the turn at 85mph ... OOPS didn't ... DEAD ... 3 innocent people and ONE RESPONSIBLE operator of the vehicle. Nothing more to it!!!!!

By the way, we are all sorry for your loss. Those who survive the deceased are always hurt the most. Don't take it wrong. Most of us understand that good people sometimes do stupid things (I'd say we all have done our fair share). But when our stupidity results in the deaths of innocent people, prepare for some words of judgment ... as well as sympathy and compassion for those who didn't have any say in their destiny. This is an emotional & sad event. All anyone can do is observe it, learn from it and remember it the next time we get a wild hair up our .
Old 07-26-2007, 03:02 PM
nebolic

the posted speed limit is 35mph, doesn't matter if it's "executable" anything is possible but clearly it shouldn't have been done.

and how does an 18/19 yr old kid afford a 350Z?

nebo
Old 07-26-2007, 05:44 PM
chriskabobbers

your friend was responsible for the deaths of 3 others ... get that through your head burner799.

as you can see from the information below:

Originally Posted by Z'd Up
The victims:
The California Highway Patrol identified the walkers as 65-year-old Inder Paul Batra and his 57-year-old wife Uma Batra .

Inder Batra was a physics professor at University of Illinois in Chicago and used to work for IBM here in the Bay Area, NBC11 reported.

His wife was a dietician.

Family members said the couple has two daughters who went to Harvard University

what a bright future this family has created ... sad to see it go to waste like this.

Last edited by chriskabobbers; 07-26-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Jabdo233

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
your friend was responsible for the deaths of 3 others ... get that through your head burner799.

as you can see from the information below:

what a bright future this family has created ... sad to see it go to waste like this.
+1. How awful... I just went to the UI website and they have a little memorial section for him. I can't imagine how those two daughters are feeling right now.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:56 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

well, on the good side, when i first started driving, i got into offroading and had myself a jacked up truck, what i did for myself to be cool and what not was to crawl through a half flooded river bet at 5mph, versus speeding down the road at 100mph, so not only did i stand less of a chacne of getting into an accident, i also had less chances of hurting others

my truck was so slow, but i dont ever care when people told me, cuaes i always say, hey, lets go out int he wood and see how fast your camaro is then hehe...

i think when kids are between 16 to 21, its a really dangerous time...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:26 PM
nzpv03

Originally Posted by jvega
I feel sorry for the families of the pedestrians. May all RIP.
well pedestrians and the passenger... RIP tho

Quick Reply: Four Dead in San Jose Z Crash?