Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Mercedes Driving event incident

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:32 PM
michaeljr6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this still bothers you even after a month?!!?!? seriously dude, i would just let it go...no wonder asian men can't get white girls
Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 PM
alving

Why do folks associate young, Asian kids with "drifting"?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by vaughn1576
You're a pretty sad dude... That's all I can say.
I am a sad dude when I back up what I have to say with facts and you claim to know what racism is and dont even understand it? What is sad is the fact that people in the world today talk about things they dont know or understand. If someone is going to claim a racist thing happened to them, they better understand the meaning of it. As for you, it is unfortunate that you cant read and learn new things and expand your horizons....because this would be a good topic to do that on and really understand what racism means and not keep going on with this misconception of what racism is.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by alving
Because it is a stereotype from import cars and movies like FF3. But the thing is it has more to with the car than the person. People ask me all the time if I drift my car.....now if I was asian, that wouldnt make it a racist remark, it would be stereotyping. And since I am white it is still stereotyping because of the car.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
So this still bothers you even after a month?!!?!? seriously dude, i would just let it go...no wonder asian men can't get white girls
why not?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Because it is a stereotype from import cars and movies like FF3. But the thing is it has more to with the car than the person. People ask me all the time if I drift my car.....now if I was asian, that wouldnt make it a racist remark, it would be stereotyping. And since I am white it is still stereotyping because of the car.
well can i ask you something (this is because im curious, not trying to imply or cause any problems).

my gf's friend got lost somewhere in SJ (shes from San Diego). she pulled up to a white lady to ask her how to get on the freeway. the lady replied 'great job, why dont you go back to your country'

why would someone say that?

i mean trust me, there are alot of reasons people dont like asians (i'm asian btw), most are bad drivers, they're oblivious to people around them, list goes on. almost been hit many times by dip **** who cannot negotiate lane changes.

anyways what calls for such a thing?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
vaughn1576

I am a sad dude when I back up what I have to say with facts and you claim to know what racism is and dont even understand it? What is sad is the fact that people in the world today talk about things they dont know or understand. If someone is going to claim a racist thing happened to them, they better understand the meaning of it. As for you, it is unfortunate that you cant read and learn new things and expand your horizons....because this would be a good topic to do that on and really understand what racism means and not keep going on with this misconception of what racism is.
I really wish you were born without fingers. You are irritating at best.

I think I know what racism is. I experience it on a first hand basis more than I want to. You on the other hand may need to study it some more.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by tommyjeans214
well can i ask you something (this is because im curious, not trying to imply or cause any problems).

my gf's friend got lost somewhere in SJ (shes from San Diego). she pulled up to a white lady to ask her how to get on the freeway. the lady replied 'great job, why dont you go back to your country'

why would someone say that?

i mean trust me, there are alot of reasons people dont like asians (i'm asian btw), most are bad drivers, they're oblivious to people around them, list goes on. almost been hit many times by dip **** who cannot negotiate lane changes.

anyways what calls for such a thing?
I have no idea what the deal is with that.....I dont pretend to know why people say the things they do. There is nothing that calls for such a thing as you describe, but you are talking about a situation that is very different from a person at a car driving event telling someone not to drift. I would agree that there is no call for what was said to your gf friend and once again point out that I have said a few times the person who said this to the OP should not have said it the way he did.

Let me ask a question, if the guy had said, "There are a few things I must go over with you before you go out. 1 No drifting. 2 We are not here to race the cars so keep it reasonable....etc." He says the same thing just words it better is that still racist, or is the point he was trying to make racist because he is telling someone not to drift. It is all about how it is posed, neither statments are racist but one comes across negatively and one does not.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 PM
tommyjeans214

I have no idea what the deal is with that.....I dont pretend to know why people say the things they do. There is nothing that calls for such a thing as you describe, but you are talking about a situation that is very different from a person at a car driving event telling someone not to drift. I would agree that there is no call for what was said to your gf friend and once again point out that I have said a few times the person who said this to the OP should not have said it the way he did.

Let me ask a question, if the guy had said, "There are a few things I must go over with you before you go out. 1 No drifting. 2 We are not here to race the cars so keep it reasonable....etc." He says the same thing just words it better is that still racist, or is the point he was trying to make racist because he is telling someone not to drift. It is all about how it is posed, neither statments are racist but one comes across negatively and one does not.
i guess that makes more sense. most benz owners think all other cars are beneath them. but at least we dont take ours in for 25 recall notices a year

we can wrap it up by saying that guy was a moron, unprofessional and should not be working for benz or any position where he represents a company and their brand name.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Navygolf13

I really wish you were born without fingers. You are irritating at best.

I think I know what racism is. I experience it on a first hand basis more than I want to. You on the other hand may need to study it some more.
Based on your narrow minded outlook on racism I will tell you that you probably do experience it more than you want to. I will tell you one thing though, racism is something that you can let affect you or you can move on. You complain about it and other people do to but the truth of the matter is that it is only a probkem if you let it be.

Another example I just thought of is white people cant dance....and I will be the first to admit for the most part the caucasian race cant. But, when someone says something to me in regards to it, it doesnt make it racist....I think that person has a norrow outlook of what people can and cant do, but that is their problem and not mine.

If you dont like the way you are treated then dont hang around where you were mistreated. It is unfortunate but the world does have racism and it will never go away, you are just going to have to deal with it. I dont agree with racism, never have and I am not racist. But I do know what it means and someone putting me, you, or anyone else into a stereotype is not being racist. I think I irritate you because you cannot come up with an intellectual response to what I am saying....you keep saying things about me personally instead of debating this issue....go ahead I dont care what you think about me.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Navygolf13

i guess that makes more sense. most benz owners think all other cars are beneath them. but at least we dont take ours in for 25 recall notices a year

we can wrap it up by saying that guy was a moron, unprofessional and should not be working for benz or any position where he represents a company and their brand name.
Yeah, that is the point, but the problem here is that people think he was still being racist...what is your take on that? Not politically correct..YES! Racist...No!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
M3ownZ

Because they are in Toyko Drift?

Originally Posted by alving
Old 08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
tommyjeans214

Yeah, that is the point, but the problem here is that people think he was still being racist...what is your take on that? Not politically correct..YES! Racist...No!
Honestly it's how you perceive the situation. At that moment (if i were in his shoes) I may think the same thing.

That this cocky white guy is looking down on me because i'm a young asian with a fixed up car (to him it may just be another rice rocket) who's here for a joy ride, not really seriously buying a benz. Then the guy makes that moronic comment, which at that moment will sound like a racist comment.

As we look at it now, its just a typical stereotype that all young asians will own a fixed up car. But there can still be a thin line between a stereotype & racial comment. That guy maybe on the border of both, but we'll never know without asking him lol.

For sake of argument, he's just be a narrow minded fool making a stereotypical comment.

Last edited by tommyjeans214; 08-07-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by M3ownZ
Because they are in Toyko Drift?
anyone who's a real car enthusiast knew the FF movies wasn't a good idea. it portrayed everything bad about the car world and none of the good things.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
saberphx

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
I would not have gotten angry at the drifting comment, but that's probably because I'm black. So if he asked me about fried chicken I would have been just as angry as you.

Sorry to hear about your experience... and +1 on the BMW performance driving.
bahahahaha
That reminds me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM
LMAO
Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Navygolf13

Honestly it's how you perceive the situation. At that moment (if i were in his shoes) I may think the same thing.

That this cocky white guy is looking down on me because i'm a young asian with a fixed up car (to him it may just be another rice rocket) who's here for a joy ride, not really seriously buying a benz. Then the guy makes that moronic comment, which at that moment will sound like a racist comment.

As we look at it now, its just a typical stereotype that all young asians will own a fixed up car. But there can still be a thin line between a stereotype & racial comment. That guy maybe on the border of both, but we'll never know without asking him lol.

For sake of argument, he's just be a narrow minded fool making a stereotypical comment.
I think you have a point, and I apologize if I offended the OP, to the rest of the people still taking it as racism....I hope you can understand the points made here and that it is not racism, just unfortunate stupidity.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
vaughn1576

Based on your narrow minded outlook on racism I will tell you that you probably do experience it more than you want to. I will tell you one thing though, racism is something that you can let affect you or you can move on. You complain about it and other people do to but the truth of the matter is that it is only a probkem if you let it be.

Another example I just thought of is white people cant dance....and I will be the first to admit for the most part the caucasian race cant. But, when someone says something to me in regards to it, it doesnt make it racist....I think that person has a norrow outlook of what people can and cant do, but that is their problem and not mine.

If you dont like the way you are treated then dont hang around where you were mistreated. It is unfortunate but the world does have racism and it will never go away, you are just going to have to deal with it. I dont agree with racism, never have and I am not racist. But I do know what it means and someone putting me, you, or anyone else into a stereotype is not being racist. I think I irritate you because you cannot come up with an intellectual response to what I am saying....you keep saying things about me personally instead of debating this issue....go ahead I dont care what you think about me.
I think I see the problem here... you must have a rare form of Tourette syndrome that renders you unable to keep from spewing your most idiotic thoughts. I hope they have good medication for that. You should really limit your commentary to defending VRT, as you are best at that.

Oh, and by the way racism doesn't bother me much, but it certainly bothered this guy.

History shows that trying to reason with you on subjects where you are wrong is an effort in futility due to your disability.

SEEK TREATMENT!!

Till next time Mr.Racism Authority LOL!

Last edited by vaughn1576; 08-07-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Navygolf13

I think I see the problem here... you must have a rare form of turrets syndrome that renders you unable to keep from spewing your most idiotic thoughts. I hope they have good medication for that. You should really limit your commentary to defending VRT, as you are best at that.

Oh, and by the way racism doesn't bother me much, but it certainly bothered this guy.

History shows that trying to reason with you on subjects where you are wrong is an effort in futility due to your disability.

SEEK TREATMENT!!

Till next time Mr.Racism Authority LOL!
LOL! You did it again and havent read all the posts here because I am not defending anyone and said what was said was wrong. Big difference between being racist and streotypical. Too bad you dont read everything and further your point of views. Keep bashing me and see where it goes, I DONT CARE!!! I have made my point and others have read it and others have agreed....too bad you cant see the light!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
tommyjeans214

yea there's a been alot of dialog back and forth.
prob want to read everything.

i think we can close this up though, spiraling out of control here.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Navygolf13

I like the dialog, unfortunately some people cant discuss things and let personal influences negate things people say. It is like whether you like a certain politicain or not I am sure there are things he/she has done you would agree with. But it seems people here wont listen no matter what....oh well. I think that for the most part people in this thread have taken what they need to from it. Others will not get it and that is too bad.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Driving event incident