Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011 | 11:16 AM
iNi_REALiZED

Originally Posted by Junkster

Too late slow poke! Oh well, 1320 was a gheyfest and a half anyways. Although I did end up copping LEDs for my license plate lights and dome lights…5 bucks a pop though  don’t c how that’s much of a sale…but whatever, I figured I had to buy something…This is my 3rd trip there where they don’t have what I came for originally…I don’t think im ever going back there again to be honest...

I also managed to be a retard and spend 26 dollars on a fawking key chain…one of those cute little Tein coilover key chains with the cute functional spanner wrenches, mind you I don’t even have teins I just always thought they looks bad azz. I bought it for my GF though, she wasn’t as excited as I was lol…what a bz  haha

LMAO! The only thing that I've found they have there is OEM HID ballast for the player price of $90! Other than that its kind of a ricey honda shop...
Old 05-24-2011 | 11:20 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by JZ33
haha ya im down to hang and ill bring the lugs, and i have 4 extra gorilla lugs too if you need them...
oh for real?! sweetttt, cause yea i need to put em back on my maxima with my luck i probably forgot to take two of em off when i was taking them off my max for the Z lol...so ill have to check but if you can bring them overrrr.

Im kinda debating getting the gold Power by Max lugs too...you think i should get those or stick to the neo chromes? hmmm lol

Originally Posted by JZ33
thats sad... but the 630 will look awesome dumped on some nice BBS
Or some low offset 3 peice ronal's

Have you guys followed that guys build? It was called Rusty or something...apperantly his garage burnt down recently along with the car...

If you havent followed this guys build, im sure your eyes will be glued to every page on this build thread, this should occupy some of your guys' time haha

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1536530
Old 05-24-2011 | 11:22 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by iNi_REALiZED
LMAO! The only thing that I've found they have there is OEM HID ballast for the player price of $90! Other than that its kind of a ricey honda shop...
Driven authority has em for cheaper i think...there is another shop i think that has better priced ones too i just cant member the name...

Best bet is to order em online though, i know on the maxima forums (www.maxima.org) ive seen em as low as 50 bucks shipped with waranty and everything...
Old 05-24-2011 | 11:31 AM
Fresherest

yeah, i havent seen the 630 and i think it needs alot more body work that im not capable of doing. so i might not take it and hold out for a datsun of some sort...who knows what ill do....
Old 05-24-2011 | 12:13 PM
5150_91

Damn man you better tint the crap out of your rear window, thats like a "Hey break me for free Subwoofer" sign laying in your trunk

Looks good though, maybe a little TOO good lol...I wouldnt be too happy parking that outside anywhere though...You couldnt do a similar design farther back where its "hidden" ?
Haha well I already have 5% on my rear window and rear sides so I should be fine there. If they looked hard enough through the front windows I suppose they could maybe see it though.

And I considered a number of designs. I looked at the most common one that mounts under the strut bar and it almost seemed like my sub was going to be too deep to fit into it. Also I wanted to preserve some more cargo space sooo
Old 05-24-2011 | 12:31 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by 5150_91
Haha well I already have 5% on my rear window and rear sides so I should be fine there. If they looked hard enough through the front windows I suppose they could maybe see it though.

And I considered a number of designs. I looked at the most common one that mounts under the strut bar and it almost seemed like my sub was going to be too deep to fit into it. Also I wanted to preserve some more cargo space sooo
Im at work so not all of your pics load when you host them on PB for some reason, websense lets em through sometimes. I only saw the last pic and it looked like you didn’t have any window tint at all but I think it was just the sun/pic. Once I saw the rest of the pics I was like wait he is tinted…wtf? Lol

I have two 8’s under my strut tower thing and I know how you feel about the trunk space, kinda blows to be honest but the Z doesn’t have much room for anything with or without the stupid sub box haha…it just makes my car that much more impractical haa
Old 05-24-2011 | 12:53 PM
Fresherest

ive got a single 10 in a box. i dont have it bolted down so i can maneuver it around to fit different things at different times...mostly skateboards or golf clubs... groceries once in a while....well, beer...
Old 05-24-2011 | 12:58 PM
5150_91

Im at work so not all of your pics load when you host them on PB for some reason, websense lets em through sometimes. I only saw the last pic and it looked like you didn’t have any window tint at all but I think it was just the sun/pic. Once I saw the rest of the pics I was like wait he is tinted…wtf? Lol

I have two 8’s under my strut tower thing and I know how you feel about the trunk space, kinda blows to be honest but the Z doesn’t have much room for anything with or without the stupid sub box haha…it just makes my car that much more impractical haa
Yeah it is pretty confined, especially being 6'4 haha but I've gotten used to it. I was very close to just sticking with the common under strut mount though after asking myself when have I needed the WHOLE trunk to store something. Do the two 8's sound good? And what kind.
Old 05-24-2011 | 01:25 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by 5150_91
Yeah it is pretty confined, especially being 6'4 haha but I've gotten used to it. I was very close to just sticking with the common under strut mount though after asking myself when have I needed the WHOLE trunk to store something. Do the two 8's sound good? And what kind.
Alpine Type R's, i think its a 1400 or 1600 4 channel amp powering them as well as Type R components front and 6 1/2's behind the seat (thats what the stock size is right?)

It came with the car when i bought it and it sounds great to be honest. Its def. the best stereo setup ive ever had in a car...I just need to ditch the alpine HU i have now and get a double din touchscreen with navi and all the bells and whistles. For some reason tho my radio reception is GARBAGE even with the stock antena it sucks pretty bad, but i normally rock a blox stubby antena that i traded my s2k one for from one of my honda friends. That for sure is by far the worst reception...its almost non existent...anyone else have this problem? I feel like it should still KINDA work...really blowssss
Old 05-24-2011 | 01:48 PM
5150_91

Yes the Z uses 6.5's.

And that's funny, I have been having the same issue. I put on my s2k antenna awhile ago yet I rarely listen to the radio (usually have my ipod going). So I never noticed the sh*tty reception. About a month ago I lost my iPod for a couple days so I was forced to listen to the radio and the reception was terrible. I swapped on my stock antenna to see if it would be any better but it was almost worse! No idea why the reception is so bad.
Old 05-24-2011 | 01:50 PM
Fresherest

im rockin the stock one and it get crappy reception...
but i never use the radio cause im always rockin the ipod...
Old 05-24-2011 | 01:57 PM
Junkster

^ do you guys have aftermarket HU's or stock?

I know that the Z has a signal amplifier for the antenna and most people when they install aftermarket HU's forget to hook up the power wire for the amplifier which causes the bad reception. I think its a blue colored wire iirc. I remember when i had my dash apart i tried looking for it and i couldnt really narrow it down, the dealership had to fix something with the antena when i bought the car to begin with tho so maybe they had already did it. Maybe its just a stupid Z thing, or maybe its the amplifier...so i duno...hmm

so yea u guys stock HU or not?
Old 05-24-2011 | 02:00 PM
Fresherest

aftermarket JVC something or other....
it was in the car when i got it though.
i want to get a new one, but probably will slack on that for a while...
id rather hear a nicer exhaust than HU...
Old 05-24-2011 | 02:01 PM
5150_91

Nope, I have a Clarion HU.
Old 05-24-2011 | 02:05 PM
Junkster

Lol wel you might want to look into that power wire that goes to the antena amplifier, maybe the PO didnt wire your HU properly...

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/a...wire-help.html

Quick search and here is a reference to it...but there is another better thread that explains it in better detail i just cant find it ATM
Old 05-24-2011 | 02:22 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Fresherest
ive got a single 10 in a box. i dont have it bolted down so i can maneuver it around to fit different things at different times...mostly skateboards or golf clubs... groceries once in a while....well, beer...
If it gets stolen and it wasn't bolted down, it won't be covered bro.

^ do you guys have aftermarket HU's or stock?

I know that the Z has a signal amplifier for the antenna and most people when they install aftermarket HU's forget to hook up the power wire for the amplifier which causes the bad reception. I think its a blue colored wire iirc. I remember when i had my dash apart i tried looking for it and i couldnt really narrow it down, the dealership had to fix something with the antena when i bought the car to begin with tho so maybe they had already did it. Maybe its just a stupid Z thing, or maybe its the amplifier...so i duno...hmm

so yea u guys stock HU or not?
Stock HU here. Reception is fine. But I really only listen to Rob Arnie & Dawn in the morning. I always wanted to put on a stubby, but now you guys have me second guessing.
Old 05-24-2011 | 02:49 PM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Fresherest
yeah, i havent seen the 630 and i think it needs alot more body work that im not capable of doing. so i might not take it and hold out for a datsun of some sort...who knows what ill do....
.... i do body work.... and i have room to do it...

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Stock HU here. Reception is fine. But I really only listen to Rob Arnie & Dawn in the morning. I always wanted to put on a stubby, but now you guys have me second guessing.
RAD in the morning is awesome, listen almost everyday haha

Junkster, when you want me to come over?
Old 05-24-2011 | 03:00 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by iNi_REALiZED
true that
Old 05-24-2011 | 03:51 PM
JZ33

sometimes they have some good stuff... but its rare that they would...
Old 05-24-2011 | 04:36 PM
Fresherest

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
If it gets stolen and it wasn't bolted down, it won't be covered bro.
*Note* Remember I don't live in Sac!!!! I can't remember the last time I locked my car overnight at home....

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners