Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011 | 11:28 AM
JZ33

they do AWESOME work, I have just never inquired about pricing for them... I would suggest shopping around...
Old 09-19-2011 | 07:02 AM
Junkster

Blahh, i need to get my coolant flushed, tranny gear oil changed, and oil changed this week before the LA meet! I has no time, i was thinking bout taking it to Driven Authority...hmmm

This will be the first time in YEARS i would have paid for someone to do regular maintenance on my car smh
Old 09-19-2011 | 10:33 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by JZ33
all you want is that little stock spoiler painted? I know someone that will do it..
Originally Posted by Flyinion
How about stock front bumper and lower half of the hood? (maybe lower 1/3rd) What am I looking at for "labor" + paint? Actually, stupid question time, what would I be looking at for a nice layer of clear over the whole car (you know, more room to compound/polish before wearing through the clear)?
I had my whole front end repainted because of rock chips for $400. Lifetime warrenty on the paint too. If that is the price range let me know. They are in Rocklin/Roseville.
Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
There is also TNT Autobody out in Sac. They do some awesome work at very reasonable prices. I've see some of the show cars that come out of there with full color change and the prices are amazing.
This is true. BUt you pay for it.
Old 09-19-2011 | 02:19 PM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by Junkster
Blahh, i need to get my coolant flushed, tranny gear oil changed, and oil changed this week before the LA meet! I has no time, i was thinking bout taking it to Driven Authority...hmmm

This will be the first time in YEARS i would have paid for someone to do regular maintenance on my car smh
BETTER get on it ASAP!

we leave in a couple days
Old 09-23-2011 | 06:29 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Old 09-23-2011 | 11:01 AM
Jermy

^ oh.. ohai /drool :P where was that from lol
Old 09-23-2011 | 11:03 PM
JZ33

oh you...

is it bad that my datsun got coils before my 350?
Old 09-24-2011 | 09:18 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Originally Posted by Jermy
^ oh.. ohai /drool :P where was that from lol
LOL .. not a local event .. Z Nationals back east ...
Old 09-25-2011 | 03:07 PM
Jermy

Spider, they opened the road to my work broseph. Lets race on it! haha jk. Did you change your number or just hatin' bro
Old 09-25-2011 | 06:03 PM
RyebreadZ

I was actually meaning my former boss at his shop, for small things he is very reasonable and if you wanted to do the prep work on it so he only had to spray it it would be even cheaper. I can do it, but I do not have the professional tools or shop to do it right now and I would rather finish my bumper first so that everyone can see the work I can do with what I have now BEFORE I do anyone else parts... either way I can put you in touch with him if you want...
Thanks man . I will let you know when i decide what im doing. Might just sell the spoiler and save that money for my new wheels. How are you liking your new wheels?
Old 09-26-2011 | 03:14 PM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Jermy
Spider, they opened the road to my work broseph. Lets race on it! haha jk. Did you change your number or just hatin' bro
you be hatin on me though bro.

Originally Posted by RyebreadZ
Thanks man . I will let you know when i decide what im doing. Might just sell the spoiler and save that money for my new wheels. How are you liking your new wheels?
I actually REALLY like them, would I like Volks or Weds better: yes, but for the price I paid, they are no heavier than stock wheels (possibly even a couple pounds lighter) and they look and fit really well, so I'm happy spending less than 600 on them
Old 09-26-2011 | 04:15 PM
SE5spd

people, people..thunderhill oct 7th 2011

JOIN IN ON THE FUN!
Old 09-28-2011 | 07:39 PM
JZ33

hey Junkster... did you call me recently? new phone and I wasnt sure if I knew the number...

my rear tires are GONE... I need to get an alignment before anything now..
Old 09-29-2011 | 06:52 AM
Junkster

^Yea i did call ya...

Seeing how you been, i havent talked to ya in a while! why are your tires gone? Arent they new ones you put on with your new rims?!!?

BTW, I had a little woopsy daisy moment on my 510 on tuesday. had to get a new battery and wasnt paying attention (looked like the same battery) and i assumed the terminals were the same...long story short crossed the terminals on the battery (backwords) for about 10-20 seconds...enough to have a nice thick cloud of smoke fill up my engine bay and garage...

So far i cant really find any wires that are toasted...although i think the ones i ran in my frame rail for my wire tuck are the ones that are screwed....(only a few)...but the car wont do anything now i think i might have fried the alternator...i didnt try starting the car, so i dont think the ECU is fried...and none of my fuzes blew...so im HOPEING its just the alternator got cooked and its preventing the rest of my electrical from getting power...

WHAT A CRAP SHOOT though...i just got my temp tag stuff at DMV this monday so i could go and get my inspection done on the car this saturday! Go figure something like this would happen...im pretty pissed off about it...Such a STUPID mistake

Anyways, well there goes my 15 seconds of retard for the year lol...lets hope i dont have any more haha
Old 09-29-2011 | 07:12 AM
JZ33

damn that sucks man! I hope it is just the alternator and not some terribly hard thing to get to like those tucked wires... and ya the ones on my new wheels, only the rears... I think it is because I never got an alignment after putting on the lowering springs and even before that it needed one... plus I drive up and down 49 (the really twisty portion) anytime I have to go anywhere so Im sure that doesnt help haha

I sold the wheels that I had on my Datsun and got coils for it... so it is just sitting on your 92's for now until I can get some more paint stripper to take off the white, but the lips are shiny! Im waiting to do the finishing polish until I can do it all at once...
Old 09-29-2011 | 07:17 AM
Junkster

damn that sucks man! I hope it is just the alternator and not some terribly hard thing to get to like those tucked wires... and ya the ones on my new wheels, only the rears... I think it is because I never got an alignment after putting on the lowering springs and even before that it needed one... plus I drive up and down 49 (the really twisty portion) anytime I have to go anywhere so Im sure that doesnt help haha

I sold the wheels that I had on my Datsun and got coils for it... so it is just sitting on your 92's for now until I can get some more paint stripper to take off the white, but the lips are shiny! Im waiting to do the finishing polish until I can do it all at once...
Oh nice! What kinda coils did you get??

Yea im really hoping that the smoke was just something easy to fix lol...

luckily this happened on the 510 and not something else like the Z...i would have shot myself in the face if i did it on a car with a much more advanced electrical system lol...at least my dime i pretty much already ran all the wires on it at one point or another lol...but still...im really upset at myself...

What an idiodic thing to do lol
Old 09-29-2011 | 08:57 AM
JZ33

they are just some s13 coils, not expensive ones, but now I have the welded part done and can upgrade to better coils in the future (well I still need to weld the rears... is your welder powerful enough to do that?)... Im sure youll fix yours, if anything is really broken or fried...
Old 09-29-2011 | 09:18 AM
Jermy

you be hatin on me though bro.

saywuuut? choo talkin bout willis?
Old 09-29-2011 | 10:27 AM
JZ33

you never text me anymore... I thought we had something SPECIAL! I still have one 19 bridgestone tire if you need it BTW
Old 09-29-2011 | 11:23 AM
Junkster

im on 18s though

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners