Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012 | 04:19 PM
RyebreadZ

Hey JZ I still got those spacers if your wanting them. The threads aren't the same on my buddies is250.
Old 03-06-2012 | 05:43 PM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Jermy
Grats mang! that's awesome! Im dropping my mine back off tomorrow to find out what the hell this fluttering sound is and why my car has been acting ****in weird.

as for photoshoot, im busy for pretty much the next 2 weeks, but after that we should be good to go. Hopefully on a non-windy day
I hope its nothing bad man... but it doesnt sound like it would be...

Originally Posted by RyebreadZ
Hey JZ I still got those spacers if your wanting them. The threads aren't the same on my buddies is250.
I dont think Ill be able to because the repairs are costing me 3x what I wanted to spend, but it needed to be done unless I wanted to replace the entire engine soon....
Old 03-06-2012 | 07:17 PM
RyebreadZ

Originally Posted by JZ33

I dont think Ill be able to because the repairs are costing me 3x what I wanted to spend, but it needed to be done unless I wanted to replace the entire engine soon....
No problem man lol. Glad your getting the Z fixed though. I'm taking mine in any day now to have my rear number fixed lol.

We never had that taco tree meet!!!! Lol
Old 03-06-2012 | 08:46 PM
JZ33

I know we still have to!
Old 03-07-2012 | 07:56 AM
Spider Monkey

Goin' in for a smog test today. Yay..........

First time I've driven the Z in a month. Had to shake out the flat spots on the tires. I missed my manual transmission.
Old 03-07-2012 | 08:21 AM
JZ33

yours will pass fine haha
Old 03-07-2012 | 02:00 PM
Spider Monkey

yours will pass fine haha
It better. It only has 40K miles on it. lol

The difference between the numbers that the Z put out vs. the BMW that originally failed was laughable.

But I did almost shat my pants. They almost launched it off the machine through the garage door. Then homeboy jumped in the car to pull it around to the front while on his cell phone. I may not be going back to Smog-n-Go of Stanford Ranch Road. Unsure though. This is the first time anything like that has happened.
Old 03-07-2012 | 08:59 PM
Jermy

My car is low enough to have rubbed COMPLETELY through my flex pipes on my Y-pipe.... guess i need to buy a new one? lol. On a side note, got my install kit today from work for the gears, picking up the gears tomorrow. Awwww yeah!

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Goin' in for a smog test today. Yay..........

First time I've driven the Z in a month. Had to shake out the flat spots on the tires. I missed my manual transmission.
I went to smog n go on blue ravine in folsom, a buddy of mine works there. They handle nice cars very well.
Old 03-07-2012 | 09:47 PM
JZ33

My car is low enough to have rubbed COMPLETELY through my flex pipes on my Y-pipe.... guess i need to buy a new one? lol. On a side note, got my install kit today from work for the gears, picking up the gears tomorrow. Awwww yeah!

I went to smog n go on blue ravine in folsom, a buddy of mine works there. They handle nice cars very well.
time for a solid y-pipe! lol and if thats true then Ill be going to that smog n go now...
Old 03-08-2012 | 08:36 AM
Junkster

Jermy - you should be fine as long as there are no leaks. THe flex section braided section can be almost non existent and still not have a leak. Its whats underneith you have to worry about. Just look for areas of black soot
Old 03-08-2012 | 08:36 AM
Spider Monkey

Yea, I've got to figure out something in two years. This place is out, and the place in Rocklin is way too dirty for this car. haha
Old 03-08-2012 | 02:53 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by Junkster
Jermy - you should be fine as long as there are no leaks. THe flex section braided section can be almost non existent and still not have a leak. Its whats underneith you have to worry about. Just look for areas of black soot
unfortunately it is leaking... pretty badly lol. I gotta find a new one to replace it with, hopefully something that tucks up higher
Old 03-08-2012 | 10:32 PM
JZ33

are you going to go with a solid one? Maybe have Jordan make one for you?

My Z is finally done, hopefully pick it up tomorrow or Monday... but I still have to do the 60K service and then an alignment before I can daily it again..
Old 03-09-2012 | 07:49 AM
Junkster

unfortunately it is leaking... pretty badly lol. I gotta find a new one to replace it with, hopefully something that tucks up higher
flex sections arent cheap unfortunately

Y not just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld something up for you? You might be able to source out a flex section for cheap online
Old 03-09-2012 | 08:17 AM
JZ33

Hey junkster, do you still have that steering wheel hub that didnt fit your 510? I ran into an issue after I put a bucket seat in my 280... Also, did you still want the back and inside the mesh of the 92's black?
Old 03-09-2012 | 08:34 AM
Junkster

Hey junkster, do you still have that steering wheel hub that didnt fit your 510? I ran into an issue after I put a bucket seat in my 280... Also, did you still want the back and inside the mesh of the 92's black?
Black or gold works for me, after rocking the varstoens in gold i kinda like it haha...looks way better than i expected, so gold would be legit!

As for the hub yea i still have it. Turns out that i need a momo type hub which my friend let me borrow, the one that i bought and didnt work is for a nardi i believe.
Old 03-09-2012 | 10:38 AM
JZ33

Well since you have gold already, ill probably do black (if thats alright) so you can have both haha and I thought that Momo and Nardi had the same 6 bolt pattern? I need to mount a quick release so I can get in and out without feeling like Im escaping from an asylum...
Old 03-09-2012 | 11:11 AM
Flyinion

Wow apparently Jermy's green wheel thing has taken off big time. Just saw a black 370 with bright green painted stock wheels the other night in North Natomas. Guess nobody tries to be different anymore.

Last edited by Flyinion; 03-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2012 | 01:30 PM
Spider Monkey

Well since you have gold already, ill probably do black (if thats alright) so you can have both haha and I thought that Momo and Nardi had the same 6 bolt pattern? I need to mount a quick release so I can get in and out without feeling like Im escaping from an asylum...
Lulz. Okay little guy. Try being 6'5" for a day.
Originally Posted by Flyinion
Wow apparently Jermy's green wheel thing has taken off big time. Just saw a black 370 with bright green painted stock wheels the other night in North Natomas. Guess nobody tries to be different anymore.
Bro, I hate to break it to you but Jermy wasn't the first person to paint his wheels green.
Old 03-09-2012 | 04:25 PM
Jermy

are you going to go with a solid one? Maybe have Jordan make one for you?

My Z is finally done, hopefully pick it up tomorrow or Monday... but I still have to do the 60K service and then an alignment before I can daily it again..
Jordan advised against solid because if it did scrape, the risk of breaking an exhaust manifold is really high, i'd raaaather not do that haha. So i'll just have to try to see if he can make something for me with the flexes closer to the cats

Originally Posted by Junkster
flex sections arent cheap unfortunately

Y not just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld something up for you? You might be able to source out a flex section for cheap online
yeah, this is most likely what i'll do. if all else fails, i'll just buy one that has the flex pipes in a different spot, or just have them relocated

Originally Posted by Flyinion
haha yeah. i definitely wasn't the first, but, one of the first around the area with it. Started seeing it pop up all over the places and that kinda **** irritates me. Thats why i'll most likely just be sticking with silver. lol

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners