Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012 | 10:43 AM
1320king

where did you get your material? i called around all day yesterday looking for a peice of high gloss vinyl to do my roof in but couldnt find anyone with the dimensions i need
Old 04-04-2012 | 11:14 AM
Junkster

Looks good, definately not my style (the di-noc cf stuff i mean). I rather paint mine or leave it be lol. I got my car with 2 TINY little nicks in the driver side and it hasnt gotten worse in 20k miles that i have had the car, and i wear a nice size watch on my left hand...just gota be carefull i guess...

I wanted to get the real CF panels, but i rather spend the money elsewhere maybe later on down the roadddd

Originally Posted by 1320king
where did you get your material? i called around all day yesterday looking for a peice of high gloss vinyl to do my roof in but couldnt find anyone with the dimensions i need
http://store.wrapvehicles.com/

This is for flat black, but it took me only a minute searching on google, im sure you can check out other sites and find gloss without a hitch.

As for buying anything local that may be a problem (and would most likely be much more expensive)
Old 04-04-2012 | 12:13 PM
1320king

Originally Posted by Junkster
Looks good, definately not my style (the di-noc cf stuff i mean). I rather paint mine or leave it be lol. I got my car with 2 TINY little nicks in the driver side and it hasnt gotten worse in 20k miles that i have had the car, and i wear a nice size watch on my left hand...just gota be carefull i guess...

I wanted to get the real CF panels, but i rather spend the money elsewhere maybe later on down the roadddd

http://store.wrapvehicles.com/

This is for flat black, but it took me only a minute searching on google, im sure you can check out other sites and find gloss without a hitch.

As for buying anything local that may be a problem (and would most likely be much more expensive)
I founds lots of sites who sell the material I'm looking for but I'd like to see it in person before I buy it
Old 04-04-2012 | 12:32 PM
Spider Monkey

Here you go bro. http://www.metrorestyling.com/

You don't have an 06 bro. Huge flaw with that year. I thought about repainting but that just didn't seem as fun. This is hardly permanent. Next I'm going to see if I can find the burnt orange color so they match my seats.

The real CF panels suck ass. I looked into that as well. They clip on and do not cover the full panel and at the same time make things unflush. Real fail.
Old 04-04-2012 | 12:35 PM
Spider Monkey

Also talk to this pro.

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...-and-more.html
Old 04-04-2012 | 12:43 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Here you go bro. http://www.metrorestyling.com/

You don't have an 06 bro. Huge flaw with that year. I thought about repainting but that just didn't seem as fun. This is hardly permanent. Next I'm going to see if I can find the burnt orange color so they match my seats.

The real CF panels suck ass. I looked into that as well. They clip on and do not cover the full panel and at the same time make things unflush. Real fail.
07 and 09's had the same crappy rubbery feeling, easily pealable/scratchable stuff as well...I could never feel a difference between the years

I thought i remember seeing real CF replacements for the door switched...hmm maybe im confusing it with the CF door panels...those are legitskeez
Old 04-04-2012 | 01:31 PM
Spider Monkey

07 and 09's had the same crappy rubbery feeling, easily pealable/scratchable stuff as well...I could never feel a difference between the years

I thought i remember seeing real CF replacements for the door switched...hmm maybe im confusing it with the CF door panels...those are legitskeez
Oh. In all of the readings I did in here for months before I pulled the trigger, everyone seemed to point at the year 06 as the problem. I'm lucky my steering wheel is all good.

The real CF for that piece just clip over it. They don't replace it. I could not imagine a whole panel out of real CF. That would be off the chain. And it probably wouldn't fit perfectly. LULZ
Old 04-04-2012 | 01:40 PM
Junkster

Oh. In all of the readings I did in here for months before I pulled the trigger, everyone seemed to point at the year 06 as the problem. I'm lucky my steering wheel is all good.

The real CF for that piece just clip over it. They don't replace it. I could not imagine a whole panel out of real CF. That would be off the chain. And it probably wouldn't fit perfectly. LULZ
I almost bought interior CF door panels actually they are pretty expensive new (~800 bucks or something for the two). Supposedly fitment on the ones i was going to get were not bad at all...only problem was that you had to cut the panels where the speakers would normally go. nevermind the fact that im not trying to go the whole CF route on the z lol...i decided that with the dime and i still need to get LOTS of interior peices made
Old 04-04-2012 | 02:26 PM
Jermy

And Jermy, what the heck have you done to the center console? I have not seen that interior piece be discussed as an issue anywhere on the webs. do you keep a tool box above your e-brake or something?
wait, lol what? I just wanted a new look, its not damaged or anything. I just hate my gay tan "frost" wtf ever its called interior. I was gonna order the door cards, but 800 bucks is a nice Y-pipe and test pipes instead (yes, that will make me full exhaust straightpiped lol)
Old 04-04-2012 | 02:34 PM
SE5spd

My steering wheel is CF wrapped

I wanna do my door like you did too.
Old 04-05-2012 | 09:10 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Jermy
wait, lol what? I just wanted a new look, its not damaged or anything. I just hate my gay tan "frost" wtf ever its called interior. I was gonna order the door cards, but 800 bucks is a nice Y-pipe and test pipes instead (yes, that will make me full exhaust straightpiped lol)
Frost? I thought all of the interiors were the same color (except for the seats) on the silver Zs.
Old 04-05-2012 | 11:18 AM
1320king

I've emailed him a few times about setting up an appointment to do my roof, but he's not sure when he can make it up here so I'm just going to do it myself
Old 04-05-2012 | 12:38 PM
Spider Monkey

I've emailed him a few times about setting up an appointment to do my roof, but he's not sure when he can make it up here so I'm just going to do it myself
You can get the material from him too.

I tried to get him to come up here to Roseville and do a bunch of us all at once to make it worth his time. He declined.
Old 04-05-2012 | 02:29 PM
1320king

You can get the material from him too.

I tried to get him to come up here to Roseville and do a bunch of us all at once to make it worth his time. He declined.
Awesome, I'll email him now, thnx for the info!
Old 04-05-2012 | 03:21 PM
Spider Monkey

NP.
Old 04-05-2012 | 03:58 PM
Jermy

Frost? I thought all of the interiors were the same color (except for the seats) on the silver Zs.
you've never seen my fruity frost interior? all of it is that ghey light brown color. hate it!
Old 04-05-2012 | 05:44 PM
1991ls13

^ I love the tanish color specially if the color of the car is black...classy. But I found a person that rents out the fender roller in olivehurt, anyone hear from him or see this? His name is Chue

http://chico.craigslist.org/pts/2932110981.html

Only thing is of course he requires a deposit like any shop...The thing is, most people dont want to keep this after there done so once i give him the deposit, what says he ever answers my calls when i want to return it and get my deposit back.....thats my only concern.....
Old 04-05-2012 | 07:27 PM
PikesPeakZ

I don't understand the light brown interior comment Jermy. Interior colors are Frost Grey (light Gray color), Charcoal, Burnt Orange, and Nismo black and red cloth seats. You got frost and they're dirty making them look light brown?

Is it because your grey is hell dirty so it looks tan? I don't remember any silver colors having frost interior.

Frost Grey

Burnt Orange

Charcoal

Which one youz haz?

Last edited by PikesPeakZ; 04-05-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2012 | 08:07 PM
Jermy

Mine would i guess be frost grey, on my chrome silver touring (2003), but when I got it, and still, its a tan color. There's no way this is gray lol.

Old 04-05-2012 | 08:21 PM
PikesPeakZ

Originally Posted by Jermy
Mine would i guess be frost grey, on my chrome silver touring (2003), but when I got it, and still, its a tan color. There's no way this is gray lol.

Yeah that looks like Frost but the color is way off. Weird I was wondering why you sad tan LOL!

Last edited by PikesPeakZ; 04-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners