Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012 | 07:50 PM
JZ33

Got a couple things for sale guys... Children of Bodom signed guitar, HTC G2 phone, and ARC shift ****... the shift **** might be spoken for though!

Also, who in here has a DD other than your Z? Im seriously considering one because gas prices are killing me and I hate to even be saying this...
Old 04-26-2012 | 08:21 PM
RyebreadZ

Originally Posted by JZ33

Also, who in here has a DD other than your Z? Im seriously considering one because gas prices are killing me and I hate to even be saying this...
My other ride is a grand cherokee with a 5.7L hemi lol. I don't know the meaning of good gas mileage lol! I'm thinking about getting something else also.
Old 04-26-2012 | 09:20 PM
JZ33

Im a broke college student so its hard for me haha
Old 04-26-2012 | 09:52 PM
SE5spd

07 versa DD
Old 04-27-2012 | 07:56 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Drink. That will fix it bro.

You best not be smoking in your Z bro.
LULZ. I know. I couldn't resist anymore. haha

How does cutting back on fun make you happy? I'm totally lost with this logic.
Spending every other (or more) day hungover isnt really the business. Sure it was fun but its getting old, nothing wrong with trying to change things up a bit. It was getting to the point where it was getting in the way of things that i wanted to do. Dont know how to really explain it...

If i can limit my drinking to the weekends, ill be happy. I know ill probably cheat and have a smoke or two with a couple drinks and thats fine with me as long as i dont get back into the habit of smoking every minute of every fuggin day...thats not fun lol
Old 04-27-2012 | 07:57 AM
Junkster

Got a couple things for sale guys... Children of Bodom signed guitar, HTC G2 phone, and ARC shift ****... the shift **** might be spoken for though!

Is the ARC **** in good condition? any scratches?

If your friend bails on the deal i may be interested in it.
Old 04-27-2012 | 08:13 AM
Spider Monkey

I do. Dropped a couple grand on a BMW wagon back in February to keep miles off the Z as well as keep it out of bad weather. I drive it like a grandma and I'm probably really close to breaking even on the deal already in what I've saved in gas.
Originally Posted by Junkster
Spending every other (or more) day hungover isnt really the business. Sure it was fun but its getting old, nothing wrong with trying to change things up a bit. It was getting to the point where it was getting in the way of things that i wanted to do. Dont know how to really explain it...
Well that is no bueno.
Old 04-27-2012 | 08:17 AM
Nismomonkey

I second the in case someone falls through on the shift ****.
Old 04-27-2012 | 08:35 AM
JZ33

Is the ARC **** in good condition? any scratches?

If your friend bails on the deal i may be interested in it.
Originally Posted by Nismomonkey
I second the in case someone falls through on the shift ****.
Well we will see haha and the pics are in my thread in the interior sale section... its not perfect but it isnt terrible either... and junkster, I would trade you for the PBM one!

I do. Dropped a couple grand on a BMW wagon back in February to keep miles off the Z as well as keep it out of bad weather. I drive it like a grandma and I'm probably really close to breaking even on the deal already in what I've saved in gas.
Exactly why I want a DD haha but im looking at something like a cressida or sc300 or something along those lines...
Old 04-27-2012 | 09:06 AM
Nismomonkey

My DD is a Frontier 4x4. It gets like 20-25 mpg on a good day combined. Coming down out of Tahoe it gets killer mileage because I can just let her coast most of the way. lol. I actually tested it out as I used to stay on the gas/brake coming out of the mountains and then later on decided to let it ride and only use brakes to keep it in check, came out with about 400 miles the tank as opposed to my standard 300ish if I stay on it. Also I only go about 65/70 in my truck as after that the mileage falls off quick. Pisses off all those guys in the gas saving civics and prius that want to go 80-90mph because that totally makes sense. On a side note, WTF is up with that? The people that pass me going 90ish most often are the guys in the gas savers, therefore they are getting the same mileage I am getting. Is the point there that they get there faster than me and with the same mileage? That has to be it. Otherwise I think I will just start running them all off the road everytime they flip me off for going "too slow".

/end rant
Old 04-27-2012 | 09:23 AM
Junkster

Well we will see haha and the pics are in my thread in the interior sale section... its not perfect but it isnt terrible either... and junkster, I would trade you for the PBM one!

Exactly why I want a DD haha but im looking at something like a cressida or sc300 or something along those lines...
Im down for a trade! Im kinda sick of my PBM one and i never really liked it for drifting. I prefered my big purple crystal bubble "*****" shift **** alot better...but Mark borrowed it and its in his Z31. He is still in jail and I havent been able to get ahold of David to grab it outa his car ughhh lol... I havent really tried very hard anyways lol so i can only blame myself lol...

Is the ARC **** the round one? or the oval-ish one? Is it polished or dull finish?
Old 04-27-2012 | 09:46 AM
Nismomonkey

What shift ***** do you guys use and how do they compare in weight to the stock one? I am looking for one that's heavy mostly for giggles, but I also hear rumor that it helps with the gear throws a bit. My stock one feels super light and I am not a fan. I will even go for a walmart special if its heavy enough. Mostly just curious.

Edit: I did once use an 8 ball from a billards set, that was pretty fun. Had a fab shop school in my high school and we made a whole bunch of them out of the full set. Worked ok. That was in an 89 240sx and I did notice a difference in that so I am assuming my logic isnt too far off on the heavier being better.

Last edited by Nismomonkey; 04-27-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-27-2012 | 10:59 AM
JZ33

Im down for a trade! Im kinda sick of my PBM one and i never really liked it for drifting. I prefered my big purple crystal bubble "*****" shift **** alot better...but Mark borrowed it and its in his Z31. He is still in jail and I havent been able to get ahold of David to grab it outa his car ughhh lol... I havent really tried very hard anyways lol so i can only blame myself lol...

Is the ARC **** the round one? or the oval-ish one? Is it polished or dull finish?
Originally Posted by Nismomonkey
What shift ***** do you guys use and how do they compare in weight to the stock one? I am looking for one that's heavy mostly for giggles, but I also hear rumor that it helps with the gear throws a bit. My stock one feels super light and I am not a fan. I will even go for a walmart special if its heavy enough. Mostly just curious.

Edit: I did once use an 8 ball from a billards set, that was pretty fun. Had a fab shop school in my high school and we made a whole bunch of them out of the full set. Worked ok. That was in an 89 240sx and I did notice a difference in that so I am assuming my logic isnt too far off on the heavier being better.
https://my350z.com/forum/interior/55...hift-****.html

its that one lol And im using one of the 6" (i think) ones from itsproper and I love it.. but it weighs nothing....

and my other sale stuff..

https://my350z.com/forum/not-z-relat...-t-mobile.html
Old 04-27-2012 | 11:06 AM
Nismomonkey

Cool thanks. I found a knock off of the Tommy Karia (sorry for ****ing his name) turtle shifter that is basically the same thing just without his name or turtle on it, that weighs in just over a pound and I was all for that, but then I found some on CZP that are just under a pound and I am not really sure that it is that big of a deal, I just want good feel and weight.

That ARC one looks like it would do me just fine but I think Im going to keep looking around for other stuff, maybe come by one of the meets and car shows and see if anyone would let me look at theirs. lol.

Also, does anyone ever have week days off? I get bored as **** sitting at home thursday and friday and if some people wanted to go drive around and take pictures of their cars or something Id be interested. I am going out later to get shots of the front of my car because they are all mysteriously missing in my camera.
Old 04-27-2012 | 05:31 PM
Jinsoku Z

ok. my apologies if this is in the wrong section or thread. im looking to have my front and rear camber kits installed in the sacramento area. i called les schwab to get a quote and they dont install parts that are not bought through them. im looking for a reputable shop that will do a good job. i know there's driven authority, but if i can go somewhere else, i would rather do so. im not even sure if theyre still in business. thanks much guys!
Old 04-28-2012 | 12:22 AM
JZ33

I can do it for you... You will still need an alignment, but the install isnt that hard...

OR Autovantage in Auburn is a good shop...

AND I need help too guys... When turning right (mostly) my Z jitters and my slip light comes on, and if I press the brakes it get worse, and if I accelerate it get worse... this usually only lasts for a few seconds at a time, but thats enough to scare me... Any ideas what the problem could be or what I can search for on here?
Old 04-28-2012 | 04:15 AM
Jinsoku Z

I can do it for you... You will still need an alignment, but the install isnt that hard...

OR Autovantage in Auburn is a good shop...

AND I need help too guys... When turning right (mostly) my Z jitters and my slip light comes on, and if I press the brakes it get worse, and if I accelerate it get worse... this usually only lasts for a few seconds at a time, but thats enough to scare me... Any ideas what the problem could be or what I can search for on here?
thanks for the offer jz33! i sent you a PM.

as far as your issue, i have never heard of that problem with any car. sounds like you might have to take it in and get a professional diagnosis?
Old 04-28-2012 | 04:48 AM
Nismomonkey

Just to throw out the dumb problems here for you, do you have odd size front/rear tire combos? I know that throws off the slip computer. Doubt you do but gotta get the easy stuff first.
Old 04-28-2012 | 08:29 AM
JZ33

Nope, running the same size all around, and not super stretched...
Old 04-28-2012 | 12:19 PM
RyebreadZ

I run the same size tire all the way around and a couple times I've had my slip light come on when I was going through a normal turn or curve at normal speeds. Mine didn't chatter though.

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners