Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012 | 12:29 PM
JZ33

Ive heard of the slip light, but not the chattering and if I break it become more violent and I can feel it in my foot through the pedal...
Old 04-28-2012 | 07:01 PM
Nismomonkey

Maybe its haunted.
Old 04-28-2012 | 11:16 PM
JZ33

Well Im an exorcist and I exorcise my car frequently.

Old 04-29-2012 | 05:12 PM
Nismomonkey

I thought you might be. Sometimes when I am cold I shiver and make rattly noises, maybe your car is just cold.
Old 04-29-2012 | 05:14 PM
Nismomonkey

Oh and also check out your wheel bearings. Braking, turning clunky noises on my truck turned out to be a bad bearing and whatever you call the thing behind the rotor. I had never heard the word before but several friends of mine knew what the mechanic guy was talking about so I just assumed he wasnt lying like he did that time he said I had a unicorn in my exhaust poking holes in it... that ****ing unicorn...
was a mother****ing pegasus anyway.
Old 04-29-2012 | 09:13 PM
JZ33

Well Im sorry to hear about that pegasus... must have been a pain in the ***.. Ill check the bearings and everything else under there too haha
Old 04-30-2012 | 03:47 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Nismomonkey
My DD is a Frontier 4x4. It gets like 20-25 mpg on a good day combined. Coming down out of Tahoe it gets killer mileage because I can just let her coast most of the way. lol. I actually tested it out as I used to stay on the gas/brake coming out of the mountains and then later on decided to let it ride and only use brakes to keep it in check, came out with about 400 miles the tank as opposed to my standard 300ish if I stay on it. Also I only go about 65/70 in my truck as after that the mileage falls off quick. Pisses off all those guys in the gas saving civics and prius that want to go 80-90mph because that totally makes sense. On a side note, WTF is up with that? The people that pass me going 90ish most often are the guys in the gas savers, therefore they are getting the same mileage I am getting. Is the point there that they get there faster than me and with the same mileage? That has to be it. Otherwise I think I will just start running them all off the road everytime they flip me off for going "too slow".

/end rant

TOTALLY! Seems like the fastest car coming over teh summit is always a Pruis. lol
Originally Posted by JZ33
I can do it for you... You will still need an alignment, but the install isnt that hard...

OR Autovantage in Auburn is a good shop...

AND I need help too guys... When turning right (mostly) my Z jitters and my slip light comes on, and if I press the brakes it get worse, and if I accelerate it get worse... this usually only lasts for a few seconds at a time, but thats enough to scare me... Any ideas what the problem could be or what I can search for on here?
Check to see if you snapped a lug nut bolt.
Originally Posted by RyebreadZ
I run the same size tire all the way around and a couple times I've had my slip light come on when I was going through a normal turn or curve at normal speeds. Mine didn't chatter though.
Old 04-30-2012 | 06:16 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

AND I need help too guys... When turning right (mostly) my Z jitters and my slip light comes on, and if I press the brakes it get worse, and if I accelerate it get worse... this usually only lasts for a few seconds at a time, but thats enough to scare me... Any ideas what the problem could be or what I can search for on here?
What size wheels and tires are you running? How long have you been running the setup and when did the problem(s) start?
Old 04-30-2012 | 07:25 PM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Check to see if you snapped a lug nut bolt.
Nope, nothing is snapped or even mis-threaded...

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
What size wheels and tires are you running? How long have you been running the setup and when did the problem(s) start?
18x9.75 +20 with 245/45 all around... been running them for almost a year now and this started maybe 2 months ago and is progressively getting worse.. so Ive stopped driving it again...
Old 04-30-2012 | 08:30 PM
Nismomonkey

Hit any good bumps recently? My truck snapped a wheel bearing when we had road construction. Hit a bump going about 45 where the road surface changed and it just broke. Must have been worn already but that jarring caused it to go the rest of the way. It caused us issues for a few weeks even after replacing it. Spindle... thats the word they used. They replaced my wheel bearing and whatever the **** a spindle is and then did the brake rotors and what not too just because why not its already off. Basically everything on the front got changed except the calipers and the axles themselves. If you did **** up your axles, if they are anything like the rear end ones which I have never looked at on my Z yet but I am sure they are, they are relatively simple to replace if you know your way around a tool box and a car lift. I doubt you went that far on your damage. Im putting my money on wheel bearing or whatever a spindle is. I am sure one of you guys will school me on what that word relates to in a car term I have heard before but apparently its a part on my truck and I am sure its also on a car. But yea, mine made weird clunking chattery noise that was worse at low speeds and while turning, I am assuming because the bearing was clunking around.

Also, that pegasus, was pretty easy to get out, I put a bird feeder on one exhaust and a salt lick on the other and he found his way out. I dont know which one he went for so I cant recommend one or the other but when their powers combined I am captain planet! Oh and he came out. Also I welded the hole in my exhaust.
Old 04-30-2012 | 08:32 PM
Nismomonkey

ooh just thought of this too, blown strut/shock thingo. I am assuming you would call it a strut on our car since its a coil over style, but those make cool noises when they break. Most of what I have suggested I have never seen happen on a Z car but whatever, I am bored and want to save the day.
Old 04-30-2012 | 09:15 PM
JZ33

Well the bearing was suggested, but I havent checked that yet but I havent hit any hard/terrible/crater like bumps so that cant have done anything... and struts should be fine but I want coils so it would be an extra, very good excuse haha
Old 05-01-2012 | 06:50 AM
Junkster

JZ33 - Check you brake fluid? Kinda sounds like you ABS is kinda trippin by how you explain the sound when pressing the brake pedal...just something easy to check

Also how is your alignment? Is your steering wheel crooked or anything?
Old 05-01-2012 | 06:53 AM
Junkster

Been reading and it could also be a bad brake switch... But you just said its the SLIP light and no other light?
Old 05-01-2012 | 06:58 AM
JZ33

fluid is good, my alignment is all within factory spec, and yes its just the slip light..
Old 05-01-2012 | 07:26 AM
Junkster

fluid is good, my alignment is all within factory spec, and yes its just the slip light..
Maybe its something up with your speed sensor(s) but then again that would probably toss a CEL i would assume....hmmm
Old 05-01-2012 | 07:49 AM
Spider Monkey

I think it is something wrong with your car bro.
Old 05-01-2012 | 08:08 AM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
I think it is something wrong with your car bro.
Old 05-01-2012 | 08:30 AM
Spider Monkey

Old 05-01-2012 | 06:30 PM
Nismomonkey

lol. if you dont check those wheel bearings soon i am going to find your car and do it for you. lol.

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners