Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Good Tattoo Artist Suggestions in NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Tattoo Artist Suggestions in NorCal

I know there are some inked peeps in the area. I need some suggestions to go check out. The style Im looking for is along the lines of street art (not gangster street but tagger street like Darren Brass from Miami Ink). Im wiling to drive from the Bay to Sac.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:25 AM
forced_04

walnut creek just opened a zebra and the chunky mexican guy has been doin it forever he's expensive, but from what I have seen he is not gonna make any mistakes.

i dont know his name but if you go there you'll know him when you see him.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by forced_04
walnut creek just opened a zebra and the chunky mexican guy has been doin it forever he's expensive, but from what I have seen he is not gonna make any mistakes.

i dont know his name but if you go there you'll know him when you see him.
I don't mind paying for quality work.

Thanks, I will check him out. I will see if i can dig up a website or number and a name.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out "Analog" and "Death Before Dishonor" in downtown San Jose. Both do quality work.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by scotts300
Check out "Analog" and "Death Before Dishonor" in downtown San Jose. Both do quality work.
Pulled some info on both and they look like a good match for what Im looking for. Im going to swing by this weekend to check out both shops, thanks

Any more, please keep them coming.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:14 PM
AC350

there is garage ink in napa, Rob is a great artist and does all of mine and all of my friends. he has a long waiting list usually, so you might want to hit him up soon. and there is state of grace in san jose. he is a friend of rob.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:14 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
Pulled some info on both and they look like a good match for what Im looking for. Im going to swing by this weekend to check out both shops, thanks

Any more, please keep them coming.
No problem.
Sidenote: We spoke to a few artists at Analog, and there was a long waiting list (like 6 months), so we ventured over to DBD. Those guys used to be affiliated with some of the guys at Analog - quality seemed great at both places. They took us two weeks later, and were about 1/2 the price at Analog. I'd definitely go check out both shops and meet the peeps though. You may see it differently than we did.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 AM
JSDZ33

temple tattoo in oakland is legendary.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by JSDZ33
I went to this one not to long ago. They recommended I go with Jesse. He is on my list at the moment. It helps that they are across the street from the Blue Sky Oaksterdam Coffee Shop i frequent

I can always pick up a little something to ease the pain
Old 12-19-2008, 12:18 PM
JZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Something Wicked in old Roseville is where i got mine, great guys, amazing shop, strongly suggest checking them out. The Zebra in Walnut Creek *as mentioned above* is really good too, the mexican guy is awesome. i can go check for info if youd like? i live about 10 mins from the shop when im on campus at SMC
Old 12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by JZ33
Something Wicked in old Roseville is where i got mine, great guys, amazing shop, strongly suggest checking them out. The Zebra in Walnut Creek *as mentioned above* is really good too, the mexican guy is awesome. i can go check for info if youd like? i live about 10 mins from the shop when im on campus at SMC
Thanks Bro for volunteering but I don't want to burden anybody. I just want to know what the mexican guy's name is. I tried to find a web site but only found the Zebra in Berkeley. I got a 925 number so Im going to call them. Im going to try and see if I can make it out to Zebra but want to see the Death Before Dishonor first. If I have time tomorrow I will hit it up.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:32 AM
petrol

Originally Posted by JSDZ33
i second Temple- they have some great artists. Jesse Tuesday and Scott Sylvia, two of Temple's best, now have their own shops in SF. Black Heart is Scott's place, and Jesse's is called Tuesday Tattoo. i can't recommend Scott Sylvia enough- he's a true artist, not just a tatooist. i find jesse's style to be a little on the old-timey, sailor jerry side, but still excellent.

search google for examples of their work.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:53 AM
omega6

1st question is... what type of ink u're getting?

- tribal, asian, celtic, face sketch, color or blk & grey...

some artist specialize in one or two types, they will all say they can do everything.... you just need to find out which artist is best for the type of ink you're getting =)
Old 12-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by omega6
1st question is... what type of ink u're getting?

- tribal, asian, celtic, face sketch, color or blk & grey...

some artist specialize in one or two types, they will all say they can do everything.... you just need to find out which artist is best for the type of ink you're getting =)
I was waiting for you to chime in =)
I got a glimps of your arm a while back.

Im looking for a bit of street art (not sure what that falls under). Im a bit on the brown side so I think color is out of the question. The piece is going to consist of my avatar and one more just like it with the American flag in the same position. It will be in a circle (like a stamp) and a skeleton arm over their head, one holding an AK and the other holding an AR-15. Its a tribute to 2 guns I bought before they were banned in California and its a statement of our freedoms that are being taken from right under our noses. This is just one piece of what is going to go on my left arm. It will be a 1/2 sleeve when finished. There is more that will be going in to my 1/2 sleeve but the rest of it will be more of similar art with a bushmaster snake and some back round that will need some input of the artist I pick.