Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Brunch Run May 22 - Winters, Lake Berryessa and Napa

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
NightRider88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing meet, great roads great drivers .... Can't wait too see all the photos and the video and I'm really happy it had a great turnout.... Hope we do it again soon!!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 PM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a fun day for sure. Great rollin with you all.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:15 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Great run! Thanks to all that helped make it a fun day.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 PM
junl350z

Thanks again Curtis and crew... This was a great event...
Wife enjoyed the drive though she was a lil drowsy after taking the motion sickness pill...

See you guys on the next one...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 PM
devlin c

It was a great day even if my z did not make it my truck did not do to bad keeping up with you all! It was cool hanging out and seeing every one again.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:31 PM
NightRider88

Saw tons of people taking photos...is anyone gonna post any?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightRider88
Saw tons of people taking photos...is anyone gonna post any?
I didn't have my camera, but I took this my droid.

The Leader of the pack.
Attached Thumbnails Brunch Run May 22 - Winters, Lake Berryessa and Napa-2010-05-22_13.27.43.jpg  
Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Blood Stone

This was a fun run. Meet some cool ppl and definitely would do it again, thanks Curtis and everyone for setting it up! Can't wait to see the pics, hopefully there'll be some of my car
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
06CPV35

Finally got mine up on PB:

Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 AM
ZeeForce

Sry guys I have been unplugged, outta town, on biz, all last week. Will get some pics up soon.

^ Noice pics, the best pic I have seen of the Z34 todate (pic #3). thx. U been play-n with new s/w.

Beat me 2 the pics, but u know me, I never post pics in the first week or two or three.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:42 AM
ZeeForce

So where are the rest of everyones pix?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:07 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Sry guys I have been unplugged, outta town, on biz, all last week. Will get some pics up soon.

^ Noice pics, the best pic I have seen of the Z34 todate (pic #3). thx. U been play-n with new s/w.

Beat me 2 the pics, but u know me, I never post pics in the first week or two or three.
What's s/w? My pix posted have no post production except plate num delete.

Last edited by 06CPV35; 05-30-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
NightRider88

Who has the video....I really wanna see it!!!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 04:40 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
What's s/w? My pix posted have no post production except plate num delete.
Thought you were demo-ing dat new s/w, the one I sent you the link on. Gotta lub overcast days, really makes the pix pop on the colors and contrast.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:42 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by NightRider88
Who has the video....I really wanna see it!!!!!
I think Mark (the_student) has some video. I am just trying to sort through 1300 pix for the best 1200 to post....j/k.. more like 25-50 to post and maybe link the remaining 250 to PB.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:50 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by quidproquo
Holy crap... Imagine my surprise when I saw you guys driving through Oakville on Silverado Trail. There must have been over 30 of you in total!!! Being led by a smart car???

I would have stopped to get some pictures of you, but I was late for a Mondavi Vineyard tour. It was nice to see at least 3 generations of Zs cruising together. It's very had to get that kind of turnout in the East. For some reason the generations to play well together.

Hope everyone made it to SF safe and sound!!

I wish you had snapped off a pix of the Smart Car leading the pack. No one on the run was able to (not to my knowledge) get a frontal of the caravan run. Yep what a idea to have the Smart Car lead the way, we could have made a commercial from it.

Actually we had four generations of Z with us, 350Z, 370Z, 300ZX and a 280Z.

Small world and what timing being in the right place at the right time to see our caravan roll through on Silverado Trail. .

Last edited by ZeeForce; 05-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 PM
ZeeForce

Default Thank you

I would like to thank everyone for coming out for the Brunch Run on May 22, 2010. We had a great jumping off point at the Putah Creek Café in Winters. I have to give a round of applause to their staff, especially since they do not take reservations. They were able to accommodate our large group of 25 drivers along with copilots at a moment’s notice. The morning, being sunny and warm, we sat out on the patio. Their service was excellent and fast. We were actually ahead of schedule by one hour.

This run surpassed my expectations of what I hoped to accomplish, which was to bring together the north, south, east and west of NorCal Z enthusiasts and sports car enthusiasts in general. There are runs and GTG’s and then there are those special occasions when the people who have come together, spark something magical and in an instant that one moment becomes a memory of happiness, one that can never be taken away. Well, I had many of these moments on Saturday. It seemed like every scheduled stop we made, people were giving me memories that will last a lifetime. When I can see the happiness people had written all over their faces at every stop, I knew I had accomplished something special. I hope everyone came away Saturday with some good memories.

I want to thank some long time friends who helped make this a success with the preplanning and dry runs and some new friends who stepped up at a moments notice and took the lead and I mean literally took the lead. To begin with, I spent the last two months planning the route; time of the month, stops, location and then promoting it on several forums. There is a lot that goes into making a run successful. People do not see the whole idea behind a successful run and preplanning, which is to make it look simple and smooth. Good direction and team work are the keys to a good run. The maps were a very important part in direction, making them readable at a glance, with scheduled stops for photos and catch-up stops. Thanks to all the drivers for making this smooth and simple!

Thanks to Hal (TheBrosZee) for coming up with the idea and taking on as editor of the flyer along with making two dry runs and fine tuning the route and stopping points. On the day of the run he was the tail gunner at the end of group # 4 and made sure no one was left behind.

Thanks to Lyent (Z Stylin) for talking me into making this run extend out to Napa and helping with fine tuning the route and stops after the second dry run. He was also group leader # 4 who rounded out the different driving styles. He was instrumental in the route, stops and time schedules.

Thanks to Oliver (Lost Cloud) for joining us on the second dry run. His knowledge of the road (Hwy 128) provided us with valuable information to pass on to the drivers at the pre-meeting. He was also group leader # 3 and kept the half spirited ones on their toes.

Thanks to the last minute recruited Team Leaders:

Enrique led group # 1 in his Smart Car. I heard he was very fast with the car and he knew the route like the back of his hand. He proved his skills from the start and continued to lead the entire run. The idea of a Smart Car leading a group of sports cars is just insane, but what is more insane, is actually seeing the double take from on lookers.

David (NightRider88) is a native to these roads and makes the run at night with his buddies. Owning a Z33 Nismo and coming from the Napa area, with a private road course - Life is Good! After a quick survey with the drivers we found ourselves down one leader for another spirited group. David had just arrived and volunteered to lead group # 2 and the rest is history.

Everyone was given a choice to which group they wanted to drive in, based on their driving preferences and comfort level. No one was pressured to push their limits.

Honorary mention goes to Casey (devlin_c) for being a true Z enthusiast. Casey and his wife- Becky came all the way from Fernley, Nevada, which is east of Reno. With all this crazy weather in the valley, it was worse in the Sierra’s as snow was constantly being dropped on the summit and lower levels. A last minute decision was made to make the trip in their truck, even though it broke their hearts not to participate in the run with their 07 Black Z33. They put their friends and the run before their disappointment and made the best of the day. Casey piloted the Avalanche with son and daughter onboard to keep him company. Becky started out as my copilot and finished the second leg of the run as driver while I snapped off some onboard pictures.

Thanks to everyone that attended the run and I hope to see everyone on the next run.

Here is the next run: https://my350z.com/forum/northern-ca...onc-event.html

Curtis
Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Thought you were demo-ing dat new s/w, the one I sent you the link on. Gotta lub overcast days, really makes the pix pop on the colors and contrast.
Still don't know what s/w means...but yeah I haven't tried the one (link) you sent yet. Still goofin with Photomatix Pro 3 and FDRTools first. I didn't bracket any shots on this run, so no HDR is possible with these.

Very nice write-up btw. Thanks for all the planning and hard work. It was a sucessful fun run.

Last edited by 06CPV35; 05-31-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:39 PM
ZeeForce

s/w = software. Oh darn ...no HDR...make a point of taking some if you can make it the next run - Feather River Run on June 26.

Thanks for the kind words, I wanted to take some extra time to recognize the people that helped out and share the feelings I got from the people. The day just seemed to go a little too fast. But that's how it goes "time flies when you are having fun".

Thank you for making it out, your presence on a run were long overdue.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 05-31-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:16 PM
06CPV35

June 26th...hoping I'm not shed to work that day, still dunno yet.

Quick Reply: Brunch Run May 22 - Winters, Lake Berryessa and Napa