Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Brunch Run May 22 - Winters, Lake Berryessa and Napa

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM
ZeeForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fowlman01
I am embarrassed to say that we got lost. ended up back on the hill with all the rain and hail, so decided to head back to Santa Rosa. It looked like I went off roading in my Z. The Smart car did great! He knew the road and used his great driving skills to stay ahead in the turns. (I saw him up on two wheels at least twice) it would only take a couple of seconds to catch him on the straights, but he did a great job!

I look at my car and see all kinds of things wrong with it, so I don't know how it would do in a show. When is Blackhawk?
Sry for the late response, I was traveling back from Oregon.

Don’t be, it happens to the best of us. The turn off onto Wooden Valley Rd was on a hairpin corner and when I made the turn I saw a silver 350Z coming back from over shooting the turn off. If you missed the turn off it will be miles before you realize it’s not the road to be on. Glad you made it back to S.Rosa ok. We hit a down pour on I-80 between Fairfield and Vacaville must have 3” of rain down on the freeway. A bunch headed back to Roseville for some ribs at Lucilles BBQ….yummy.

I was hoping to hear good things about the Smart Car, makes me feel better that I made the right choice letting him lead the spirited group. Up on two wheels? I hope Mark caught on DVD. No pics yet of the Smart Car in action, I was in the rear, so none coming from me.

Balckhawk is June 19, you should come out for the sites then, plus the Auto Museum is always great to tour when you get tired of looking at Z’s.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 06-15-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally Posted by fowlman01
I am embarrassed to say that we got lost. ended up back on the hill with all the rain and hail, so decided to head back to Santa Rosa. It looked like I went off roading in my Z. The Smart car did great! He knew the road and used his great driving skills to stay ahead in the turns. (I saw him up on two wheels at least twice) it would only take a couple of seconds to catch him on the straights, but he did a great job!

I look at my car and see all kinds of things wrong with it, so I don't know how it would do in a show. When is Blackhawk?
I accept full responsibility for being a crappy navigator . I only know where I'm going when I drive

Bill
Old 06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
ZeeForce

I have gotten lost (on another run), even when I made the maps and was the driver
Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, Wooden Valley Rd is easy to miss if you blink and/or don't know the area.

Smart car on two wheels...ha would've loved to seen that...

Last edited by 06CPV35; 06-16-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added smart car comment