Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

know of any romantic spots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 03:54 AM
xw34x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default know of any romantic spots?

hey guys. i was just wondering if any of you know of any romantic spots in the area.. i am in an exploring mood and i want to take my gf to some place nice but i dont know of any good ones
Old 02-17-2004, 08:31 AM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hum... actually there are lots of spots in the bay area... if the weather is right and if she has a strong stomach (per longbowe's post)

There are some nice vista points on hwy9 --> hw35 Both good for the day time and night time (when there is no cloud/fog)

One spot I perticularly like is hwy 1 coming down from half moon bay to santa cruz. You get a nice sweeping view of the ocean and sea cliffs. the short stretch kinda reminds me of Hawaii... But again, you need to go when the weather permits or else you just see fog/clouds not to mention freezing your posterier off... Also, this road is not as twisty as the others so it's usually easier for the passenger.

There is always Mt. Hamilton @ licks observatory. But the trek up there is quite gruesome. But the view up there is very serene.

Then there are the typical SF romantic spots if you don't know about those already... Treasure Island, Coit tower, twin peaks, GGB... etc. I'm sure our SF folks can chime in...

There is always the mystery spot
Old 02-17-2004, 12:47 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

There's a great place on Tiburon point north of the GGB....Go to the restaraunt called GUAYMAS and sit on the outside deck, have a margarita and watch the sunset over the GGB will viewing Angel Island, Alcatraz and the SF city skyline.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:06 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Yup, whatever beat me to Twin Peaks... try the Marin Headlands overlooking a close view of the GGB. It's best at night (IMO) but it can get VERY cold (even for someone like me that thrives on cold weather). Try the Sky Tower (or Sky Lounge... or something to that effect) on top of the Marriott Hotel on Fourth and Mission. Good for a few drinks, nice music, and a view of SF from on high. A walk down on the pier (after closing) is always nice.... well I like it at least. But it may be cold for most.

And maybe try a walk down Downtown Sausalito... nice view of the bay and SF from there.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:18 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I get headaches when I got to TWIN PEAKS! I never found out why.

yobri:
so you are a Œ¶‚̃VƒFƒt?? << I wonder if Japanese will show on this forum. anyway, you a good cook or something? Or did you get that from watching too much of the Iron Chef shows! I love that show. Yum yum...
Old 02-17-2004, 06:55 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
I get headaches when I got to TWIN PEAKS! I never found out why.

yobri:
so you are a Œ¶‚̃VƒFƒt?? << I wonder if Japanese will show on this forum. anyway, you a good cook or something? Or did you get that from watching too much of the Iron Chef shows! I love that show. Yum yum...
Maybe it's because of the radio towers up there.

Nihonjindesuka? Chuugokujindesu.

I studied a Japanese (language, culture, and history) in college, plus I spent a lot of my formative years in SF's Nihonmachi. The maboroshi no chef was a designation for the star of a 9-episode show called The Chef. It starred Higashiyama Noriyuki and Kawashima Naomi... one of my all-time favorite soaps. I have episodes 4-9 on VHS, and I would be willing to pay good money for the series on DVD. Japanese soaps are the best... yeah I said it. Soaps.

Oh, and I love cooking, so yeah, I can be the phantom chef.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:54 AM
longbowe

Never forget the Berkeley Marina. If you're lucky you can catch the moon really low in the night sky (around 1am in the summer, I think).

The Emeryville Yacht Club isn't bad either. You can actually park over at Hong Kong East Ocean (a good dimsum place, by the way), and have a great view of San Francisco.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:28 AM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

Many spots to go if you come to City area. Here are a few…

1) Marina Green. Night or day. There’s a parking lot so you can view the GG Bridge to Sausalito to Tiburon to Alcatraz in your Z. There are also benches if you want to go out. You can also stroll up to Fort Mason or even Ghiradelli Square.

2) Pier @ The Waterfront. Have a meal or drinks at the Waterfront and then right next to it is a lighted pier that you can walk out to. You can see the Bay, TI, and the Bay Bridge. Not good during the day though because there are fisherman and skaters out there. Bring a jacket. The food is a little over-priced but a lot of famous people go there. I caught Bill Clinton back in 99. And a friend of mine caught nsync back in the boyband days.

3) Fort Funston. Out there at the end of Ocean Beach and on a cliff. Get there in the afternoon and go for a stroll down to the beach. By the time you get back, it will catch the sunset that lights up the Pacific. On a good day you’ll even catch the hangliders out there.

4) Stinson Beach. Rough drive out past the Golden Gate on HWY 1, but it’s worth it. Awesome views of the coast and the ocean. Stop on the cliff, turn-offs and take pictures. When you get to Stinson, it’s sunny and warm enough to get her in her bare essentials, and picnic spots for 2. This will get her. Trust that. The plus side for you is you can test your driving skills/Z on all the turns, peaks, and valleys. Highly recommended.

5) Sausalito as mentioned earlier. Take the Alexander exit off the GG and merge right. When you get down to the boardwalk find parking ASAP. There are places to sit all along the walk. Best time is afternoon because the sun shines on the bay and the city. Lots of restaurants and cafes to go to.

Finally, skip Coit Tower and Twin Peaks. Her last 3 boyfriends brought her there too!

Have fun!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:28 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yobri: yup. nihonjin desu.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:44 AM
bobowah

Default taco bell in pacifica.

For those who are into cheap food and really want an awesome view.

Well here's an awesome spot if it's a nice day in Pacifica area.

The Taco bell on the beach at the far south end of Pacific on HWY 1.

The View is spectacular again if the day is clear.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:48 AM
bobowah

also why don't you take her to that museum of fine arts place... at the base of golden gate bridge entrance on lombard street.

They film so many movies there and it's beautiful.

They filmed portions of "The Rock" there when Sean Connery met his daughter.

Just an idea...

Or you can head over to the Marin Headlands and have a pinic... If it's a clear day you can see all of SF and the golden gate bridge.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:18 PM
xw34x

hey guys! thanks for all the replies.. i truly appreciate it. sorry i havent' been checking up on this thread b/c i've been rather busy lately. all the ideas you guys gave were great.. however, i would like to avoid driving in the SF area because i got into an accident there on NEW YEARS EVE in my lexus and i've been avoiding it haha.. does anybody know any spots closer to cupertino? or.. somewhere with lesser traffic or people? thanks guys.. by the way, yobri, boku mo chugokujin desu.. demo, nihongo wo dekiru=)
Old 02-24-2004, 02:36 AM
longbowe

Cupertino? Well, you could try going into the mountains, or Saratoga/Los Gatos. Downtown Saratoga has some really nice restaurants, and you could take Highway 9 up to Four Corners, where there's a parking lot where you could rest. For even less light, you could turn left at Four Corners and go on Highway 35, and look for Castle Rock on your right hand side (it's small, so keep your eyes sharp). There's a parking clearing there with absolutely no light. Four Corners is also near the Saratoga Gap, from which you can see the lights of the Valley.

You could also go up into the Los Altos/Foothill area. Palo Alto is also not a bad place. You could catch a nice meal there from all sorts of places along University, El Camino, and California. Once you're on the campus, there are fields galore.

Farther into Cupertino, there's a County Park along Stevens Creek, if that's your thing.