Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Norcal Newbies (Introduce yourself here)!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 06:31 PM
hungster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i have no problem hosting meets, maybe we can have a joint meet with my celica buddies. Umm we also always have meets over at Auto RnD so i can ask some of the people over there, really nice shop and the owner is a really nice guy.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Anna
350Z-holic

Originally posted by hungster
hello, i just bought my z 2 days ago, im from monterey area, so do you guys have 350z meets? I use to own a celica, I would host as well as go to tons of meets.
Hung, you bought a Z??? Nice, we can be Z buddies.. this is so cool
Old 07-08-2004, 08:28 AM
hungster

hi anna, i was just waiting to talk to you about it, you should come to the celica meet this weekend at auto RnD that way im not the only Z out there
Old 07-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Z_U_NVYN

Default Sorry bout' the late reply.....

Hey Yobri, sorry for the late reply.......I've been on and off the forum lately. I was on a cruise 2 weeks ago and was in the city(embarcadero street) <-----(nuts) for the 4th. Anywayz, thanks for the welcome. I don't have a vanity plate at the moment but still condsidering it. I will definitely come out and meet up with some fellow NORCAL boyz/girlz.

QUOTE]Originally posted by yobri
Yes, let me also welcome you to the NorCal board... is your board handle your license plate ID? If so, we'll know when we Z you on the road Come out to a meet some time. [/QUOTE]
Old 07-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Anna
350Z-holic

hi anna, i was just waiting to talk to you about it, you should come to the celica meet this weekend at auto RnD that way im not the only Z out there
That's awesome, congrats! What color and trim did you get.. you didn't mention getting a Z at the last Celica meet.. sneakkkkky

I haven't read about the meet this weekend but I don't think I can be driving for long distances right now or I'd come hang out and check out your ride
Old 07-11-2004, 09:16 AM
hungster

i got a enthusiast black 350z, lol at the last meet i wasnt sure yet if i was going to get rid of my baby celica. Going to the meet man i miss my celica, my celi was way faster and it handled way better, but it was also just about maxed out without FI or a motor rebuild. I just gotta get use to the new car, and really see how much potential she has. Im sure we are going to setup another Auto RnD meet soon and i will make a new thread on it here as well for people to come.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:58 AM
neur0sis

So, wait... you had an N/A Celica that was FASTER than the Z?
Old 07-11-2004, 11:05 AM
hungster

yes, i consistently beat cars that had timeslips for 13.7 or more, i gtech my car at 13.5, im sure i can land somewhere around there at the track. But my celica was maxed out without either FI or a full motor build up. A car that has around or more than 200hp to the wheels and weighs around 2300-2400 is very fast. Especially if it revs up to 8.6k rpms. Plus my celica had the full hotchkis setup which was not only way lighter than stock, it pulls over a G on the skidpad. So my celica at its prime is faster and handles way better than any stock Z out there. But thats the thing, only a stock Z, thats why i went to a Z instead cause it has more potential to do more damage in the long run.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:40 PM
neur0sis

thats awesome! Do you have any pics of yer Celica? I'd like to check her out!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:50 PM
hungster

this is a pic of my gts
Attached Thumbnails Norcal Newbies (Introduce yourself here)!!-cnv0096.jpg  
Old 07-12-2004, 01:35 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Damn hung... scary to hear that I'd have raced you and then questioned my racing skills afterwards if you were that fast
Old 07-12-2004, 07:05 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, i consistently beat cars that had timeslips for 13.7 or more, i gtech my car at 13.5, im sure i can land somewhere around there at the track. But my celica was maxed out without either FI or a full motor build up. A car that has around or more than 200hp to the wheels and weighs around 2300-2400 is very fast. Especially if it revs up to 8.6k rpms. Plus my celica had the full hotchkis setup which was not only way lighter than stock, it pulls over a G on the skidpad. So my celica at its prime is faster and handles way better than any stock Z out there. But thats the thing, only a stock Z, thats why i went to a Z instead cause it has more potential to do more damage in the long run.
You are going to LOVE your Z. I can gtech similar numbers, but I can't turn them at the drags because of traction problems. Gtechs are pretty accurate, but the track is a whole different thing. Have you gteched the Z? I have a AT5 and very little engine mods and it turns respectible times. Once you do a few small things to your Z I think you will be a very happy dude.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:18 AM
hungster

o im sure i will be happy, like i said i got my Z cause of its potential, and i plan to build my Z the same way i did my celica, which is a track car. I live 15 minutes away from Laguana Seca, which im sure you know is one of the best tracks in the world. My first mod isnt power things, but suspension. I want to get rid of this sloppy handling it has.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 AM
fowlman01

o im sure i will be happy, like i said i got my Z cause of its potential, and i plan to build my Z the same way i did my celica, which is a track car. I live 15 minutes away from Laguana Seca, which im sure you know is one of the best tracks in the world. My first mod isnt power things, but suspension. I want to get rid of this sloppy handling it has.
Change out the stock tires as soon as you can. That made the one biggest difference in my Z.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:43 AM
hungster

i hear its better to go with the same size tires all the way around to cure the understeer problem it has. what tires did you go with?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:55 AM
fowlman01

i hear its better to go with the same size tires all the way around to cure the understeer problem it has. what tires did you go with?
Michelin Sport Pilots 255 X17. If I were to do it again I would put the 255's on the front and go with 275's on the rear. There are many arguements about tire size wheel size etc. You can read the forums and make your own decision. I stuck with 17's because I knew I would race may car and i didn't want two sets of wheels and tires. I think the 19's look awesome, but it takes too much to get them rolling. I have solved a lot of problems with traction with the pilot sports. I heat them up at the drags and they hook pretty good. Next time I go (7/21) I'm going to boil them and see if I can get into the 13's. I'm still losing some traction in 1st but not second anymore. there are cheaper tires that will perform almost the same. Read about the different options in this forum.
After I hit 13's I'm putting on some good sways. I have the nismo s tune suspension now, but I don't want the tight sways yet. I want the car to jump back on the rear wheels for now.

Then I will do the autoX and track days.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:27 AM
hungster

yes i do plan to stick with 17's on a car like this its more functional to stick with them. Im going to wear out the stock tires i have right now before i jump into anything else.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Anna
350Z-holic

i got a enthusiast black 350z, lol at the last meet i wasnt sure yet if i was going to get rid of my baby celica. Going to the meet man i miss my celica, my celi was way faster and it handled way better, but it was also just about maxed out without FI or a motor rebuild. I just gotta get use to the new car, and really see how much potential she has. Im sure we are going to setup another Auto RnD meet soon and i will make a new thread on it here as well for people to come.
Sweet.. black.. you stinker. That's orig. what I wanted and sometimes I kick myself in the butt for changing my mind. Oh well. Anyway.. yeah, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next meet
Old 07-13-2004, 10:44 AM
hungster

i wanted a daytona blue one first though, black is sweet but its just so much upkeep
Old 07-13-2004, 08:43 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

i wanted a daytona blue one first though, black is sweet but its just so much upkeep
You should've gotten the DB... we've got enough SB's in the Bay Area...

Quick Reply: Norcal Newbies (Introduce yourself here)!!