Notices
OZOC (Orlando Z Owners Club) Orlando Z Owners Club

To All Members of OZOC

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
MYSEXYBODY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All Members of OZOC

Their name was and is still OZOC - that’s Orlando Z33 Owner’s Club. A group consisting of individuals that would later on become more than just enthusiastic friends, but a family. A family made up of very different individuals from one another, yet they shared a strong and common passion. Some of us were mortgage brokers, some of us were sales reps, even military services members and law enforcement. When they got to know each other, they saw more than just a title. We saw our minds and hearts. We did what we did because we believed in more than just an adrenaline rush. We believed in visualizing art, then creating it and making it real, however possible. To a certain extent, it was never about the fast pimped out cars. It was about being a part of something that would later become bigger than us. Some may ask themselves if our goal was accomplished and whether or not we made OZOC bigger than ourselves. The answer is simple. Is OZOC still around? Does it still exist? More importantly, are “you” responsible for its existence then, and now as we speak? As a long ago member of OZOC, I find myself pondering upon the times we all shared long- long ago. I had never put a lot of thought about how and why I became part of OZOC. From the very beginning, it simply felt right. I knew from the very first moment that OZOC was not a car club. I cannot count how many times it was emphasized; the OZOC’s motto and mission statement. I think for all of us it was eventually deeply engraved. Yes, there were car shows. There were definitely a lot of meets, and a lot of bar-b-qs. But here’s the funny part of it all. Take the cars away, the wheels, the speakers, body kits and carbon fiber parts; and surprisingly - we still exist. Yes, you heard correctly. OZOC still stands, and as a proud member, I can truly say that I have met and bonded with some of the most amazing individuals that I could have ever had an opportunity to share my life with. I can proudly say that I have depended and trusted in all of OZOC’s members at one point or another and still continue to do so. For this very reason, I want to extend my deep thanks and gratitude to all previous and current members of OZOC. There is a new breed of OZOC rising as we speak, and it is at their hands and fingertips how and what they decide to do in order to continue this great and original tradition. Some of our founders and beginning members have moved on, and life has extended larger and greater commitments. As part of our creed - we always focus on those greater responsibilities as human beings, and we have always stressed the fact that family, work and personal success is more important than our secondary passion for the Z. To the new breed; I challenge you and respectfully invite you to continue the OZOC tradition as it was originally designed, intended and dreamed of. Ride hard, pimp out your rides, and as our founding fathers would say - “Keep Turning headz, Keep Dropping Jawz”

And if you’re still wondering, yes, I still have the August 2002 Z from Nissan’s first batch. Once in a while you may catch a glimpse of it on I-4... If you look hard enough!

Sincerely yours,

Felix S. Otero
OZOC - January 2005 Member
Orlando, FL

Old 08-14-2009, 06:24 PM
SFZ

Damn Felix,

Haven't seen you in forever bro. Hope all is well. Drop me a line sometime so we can all get together.

Phil
Old 08-15-2009, 01:12 AM
JR350z08

Im new to OZOC.... only started hanging out last nov.... all are great guys, whiling to help and give advise... just wished they where more active like all the crazy stories i hear from back in the day.... but i guess thats how life and car club's go.... people move on and new blood comes in... phases in life... Felix if we ever decide to have another meet soon, Come on out!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 PM
rich harris

As one of those original members that Felix stated about, I too feel proud to have been part of such a prestigious organization. The fraternal brother hood and bond that we have created with each other. Moments that for me are unforgettable, such as the time I fell during our bowling night on my birthday or the time we rolled in to Z fest, and it just felt as if time had just stop... ''OZOC turning headz and dropping jawz'' was our motto and man did we fit the profile. To me when OZOC is mention what comes to mine are thing like HONOR, RESPECT, PRIDE these values made us who we were and will continue to be as members, brothers... This year is our 5Th year anniversary, and in this time I have been to numerous engagements/weddings, birthdays, house parties and have even seen a few little ones born...

Time has past and many have moved on, but there's not a day that I don't reminisce about those times. Great days indeed and I to ask that those new members wanting to be part of this brotherhood to stand up and continue to bound, as we did, and make new memories for OZOC, a prestiges car club of prestigious member...

Respectfully,
BigRich
OZOC member June 2004
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 PM
rich harris

pics to share....

Old 08-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Villa67

OMG.... come on Felix, you almost make me cry. Those were the REAL GOOD TIMES. And yes, the cars may be gone (not mine) but OZOC became something more than the cars, it became a fraternity, a group of REAL friends. I've been away for a few months but OZOC and the GREAT times we spent together will always be in my mind and heart. let's keep it going, like the old times.

Juan
Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
MYSEXYBODY

Default Original OZOC Crew... Checking in! :)

This is Felix, aka Juice

Checking in with the new breed of members. I'd like to cruise by with my Z and see what you guys are up to these days. I hope to god you're still meeting, otherwise I'm gonna have to step in lol Peace and out !

2002 350Z
98,000 miles (2nd engine of course, lol)
Top Secret, Greddy, Vertex Set-up
gt7350z@hotmail.com
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Juno

Originally Posted by MYSEXYBODY
This is Felix, aka Juice

Checking in with the new breed of members. I'd like to cruise by with my Z and see what you guys are up to these days. I hope to god you're still meeting, otherwise I'm gonna have to step in lol Peace and out !

2002 350Z
98,000 miles (2nd engine of course, lol)
Top Secret, Greddy, Vertex Set-up
gt7350z@hotmail.com

You're alive!!! So good to hear from you. We had a great meet last Saturday night, and will have another one in July. We have a seperate thread on here now for OZOC meets, so keep an eye out for the details to be posted. I think I may have passed you on 417 recently, but we have a 370Z now, so you would have had no clue who I was. LOL Hope to see you soon!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
rich harris

Sorry I miss it due to personal resons... But I will be there at the next one for sure.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:18 PM
OZOC

Default Meet

Ya it was a awesame meet. Felix great hear from you you need to come out to the next meet it will be the weekend after the 4th. Juno will put up al the info.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:13 PM
clos350Z

GUESS WHO ELSE IS ALIVE?! ME!!! LOL FELIX, JUAN, RICH, JEANNE! Amazing to come in for the first time in A LONG TIME and see some, what to me is, regular posts. From the people that I spent years meeting every other Saturday and spending time even outside of OZOC with. Weddings we attended, parties and even funerals. Both my kids have been born as I've been a member. I consider myself to be a member still, to this day and hope to be accepted as such.

Funny, I was actually signing on because I missed the meets too much. I needed to find out what was going on and when/if there are regular meets.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Villa67

I'm alive!!! Still have the Z and started modding again, can't get rid of it. Just put some 19's with 295 rear tires. Still dropped and showing off the Veilside wing. Hope to see you guys soon.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Juno

Juan! You should come out to the meet on Saturday!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 AM
Villa67

I'm planning on been there Jean and see u and the guys. It's been a while!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
clos350Z

Glad you're going to make it Juan...guys we're expecting a gret turnout. If you get a chance to confirm RSVP and LIKE on the Down&Out FB page, do it..Thanks..appreciate the support!!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 PM
bleufiend

I cannot believe I'm just now finding and reading this thread. I was not a founding member of ozoc nor a very early on member but I did participate and come to find that some of the best people that I've met were and still are in this club. I can only hope that the new members of ozoc can forge the same bonds as I did and continue to still today. I don't have my z33 anymore but am happy to say after flirting with two alternative makes I ended right back in a z34 which oddly enough is blue like I wanted my z33 to be.

For those of you wondering who I am I'm the goofball in the nismo hat holding the hot dog