Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Just Moved to Maui

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005 | 02:41 AM
BlueDragonZ

Question Just Moved to Maui

What's up guys? I just moved back to Maui from Nashville and my Z will arrive at the end of the month. I've got lots of questions.

One thing that concerns me are those pesky stickers. I certainly don't want them on my bumper. I've seen some people attached something on their bumpers and placed the stickers there. Is that just a piece of metal that was welded back there? Does everyone pretty much have the same thing? Also, are there any Z clubs out here.
Where are the performance shops here and which dealership do you guys go to for service.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2005 | 12:32 PM
Dream

Welcome back to Maui. I haven't seen any Maui members on here besides me, and I don't even own a Z. Most members are from Oahu, although I've seen a few Zs and Gs around town. Only Maui Nissan dealer listed on Nissan's site is Jim Falk Motors of Maui. It's right off Hana Highway across from the ponds. I have no idea how their service is.
Old 07-03-2005 | 01:14 PM
BlueDragonZ

Originally Posted by Dream
Welcome back to Maui. I haven't seen any Maui members on here besides me, and I don't even own a Z. Most members are from Oahu, although I've seen a few Zs and Gs around town. Only Maui Nissan dealer listed on Nissan's site is Jim Falk Motors of Maui. It's right off Hana Highway across from the ponds. I have no idea how their service is.

Hey thanks a lot. I guess I'll look at other boards, they have to be somewhere I've seen so many Z's here on the island. If that's the only dealership on the island I guess I don't have a choice but hope for the best.
Old 08-01-2005 | 08:44 PM
dkmaxitus

to my knowledge there isn't any z clubs out here. i know of a few performance shops but i only go to one for my Z(NISMO cai, j-sport test pipes, greddy EVO2 catback). one of the workers there has a boosted g35 he helps me out a lot with my stuff and down the road at a bodyshop theres a guy with a black tt Z.
from what i know there are at least 3 FI Zs(vortech s/c, turbonetics st, and greddy tt)and the one g35(greddy tt)that i have seen on the island(yeah mauis kinda lame) and if all goes well i'll be boosted by early to mid september.

hey dream what part of maui you on? i might've seen you around

the main performance shops are 1320 Performance(the only place i go and the only shop on the entire island with a dyno) located on alua street in the wailuku industrial, Intense Motorsports Maui(IMM) off of hana hwy next to Neil Pride, and Kryptonix. don't know where their at.

hope all this helped out
Old 08-01-2005 | 08:50 PM
dkmaxitus

oh yeah, i'm prabobly gonna dyno later this week or early next week, if you wanna check it out. let me know.
Old 08-01-2005 | 08:54 PM
Dream

I live Upcountry, and I've been at college/law school for the past 8 years so I doubt you've seen me around unless you were here in '97

Just got my Z on Oahu this weekend. '05 SS Touring 5AT, gonna take probly a couple weeks to ship depending on when Young Bros has an opening.

Where's the best place to get a system installed? I was thinking a JL stealthbox, but Tsunamis is the only JL dealer I know of.
Old 08-01-2005 | 08:56 PM
Dream

Originally Posted by dkmaxitus
oh yeah, i'm prabobly gonna dyno later this week or early next week, if you wanna check it out. let me know.
Sure. I know jack about cars, but have always been interested in learning.
Old 08-01-2005 | 09:09 PM
dkmaxitus

then i've deffinately never seen you. but yeah i think they are the only jl dealer here. the owners brother owns another shop in town called Kamikazee. i went there for both my maxima and my f150. had a coustic 401db amp for an alpine s-10 sub and enclousure and a coustic 240se amp powering 4 kenwood 2 way pearl myca speakers with a clarion eq and a kenwood hu. sold it all when i got my Z. anyways, the funny thing is because they're brothers they share installers. so if you buy from one depending on what day you want to put it in they might send you to the other shop. if you want a custom set up then i think they can pull it off. if not then your best bet is Sound Pros, or maybe M.O.S.S.
Old 08-01-2005 | 11:36 PM
Dream

My sister was supposed to check with a friend who works at one of the shops here as far as getting a deal on equipment. Not sure what shop, but hopefully it's someplace decent.

I kinda want my spare tire, so any enclosure I get is going to have to sit in the hatch. I didn't want any insane custom work done, just HU, components, amp and sealed sub. Had 2 Audiobahn 12s and a Memphis 1000D amp in my old Civic, so I was looking for something close to that. I hear the Z can fit 2 10s under the strut with no problems.
Old 08-01-2005 | 11:37 PM
BlueDragonZ

What's up guys? So Dream you're upcountry? How about you Dk where you at? I'm in Kahului but will be driving up to Wailea for work. My Z won't be arriving until the 15th I'm having Z withdrawals right now. :lol:
Dream, I also work with a guy that does installations. He's good with any installs and fiber glass also. Let me know if you want me to set you up with him. You all let me know if you guys ever want to get together and talk shop or just CruiZe.
BlueDragonZ@tmail.com.
Old 08-02-2005 | 02:26 PM
dkmaxitus

hey blue i'm here in Paia. the 15th? dude that sucks. a cruise would be pretty fun i'm super up to it. infact if you want i just went in today to schedule a dyno run on friday let me know if you want to check it out.
Old 08-02-2005 | 05:43 PM
Dream

I'm down for watching the dyno. What time is it at?
Old 08-02-2005 | 07:04 PM
dkmaxitus

about 3:30-4:00

pm me if you want my number and maybe we could meet up a little earlier
if not then maybe i'll jus see you there

anyone going to the Hawaiian Auto Fest?