Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

F-N-A My Sponorship Results!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005 | 06:54 PM
Juno

Originally Posted by punish_her
I was just there on vacation I know several cops down there at Patrick. I lived down there for almost 6 years till my house got destroyed last year by hurricanes.

I got word that some one was moving here with 2 Z's from pat. So I took a wild guess.

Take plenty of picks of your cars and doccument realy well. there was a small roock chip that was marked on mine. They ended up nosing it into the carrier made a huge chip in the same location. They refused to pey it and said it was marked.

Any way let me be the first to say welcome to Hawaii. You'll like it here.

WOW!! It really IS a small world... My husband is stationed at PAFB, and that would be us!

I'm really sorry to hear about your house last year. Is that what caused you to move to HI?

And another question...is all of Ewa Beach really as bad as people make it out to be? I've been doing some online research for a place to live and I've found a couple of pretty nice places, but we've been told that Ewa Beach is not a good place to live.
Old 08-31-2005 | 07:00 PM
punish_her

With 2 z's and not native Hawaii'n , just guessing, No deffinately not a good place to live. If you wanting to drive that distance Check out Mililani (common guys help me with the spelling). With that distance your looking at an hour plus in rush our though. and if there is a wreck on H1 and your on it forget about showing up to work.

I work on Hickam and live in Aiea. 6 miles away, about 20-25 min in the AM; 40-60 min in the pm (arroung 3pm to 6pm)
Old 08-31-2005 | 07:34 PM
Juno

Yeah, that's what we've heard. Only problem is that I haven't seen many places in Mililani or Aiea with more than one or two parking spots, and we really need 3. Ideally, we'd like a garage for the Zs, but we don't care if our third car is outside. Outdoor parking for the Zs would be ok too, as long as the area is safe. Shame about Ewa Beach though. That Ocean Pointe place looks really nice, online anyway.
Old 08-31-2005 | 07:39 PM
punish_her

Garages are scarce, covered parking is a premium. You can always rent extra stalls. Don't park on the streets car is a target then. If a car is parked on the street over 24 hours and some one complains, it can get towed. Keep looking, I looked for months befor getting here, and after I got here it still took 45 days to get a decent place not in a gheto. lots of nice places arround just keep looking.
Old 08-31-2005 | 10:49 PM
dsmal

Ewa Beach can be ghetto, depends on what area tho. The further in you go, the worse it gets (I have friends living on "the ghetto side"). But there was a bunch of new developments in the area, my friend's sister lives there, its pretty nice, gated too. Only crappy thing about Ewa beach, one way in, one way out. Traffic around 4-5 gets REALLY bad there.

Aiea is nice, I live in Aiea also. Street parking is bad tho, lots of break ins/thefts (down on moanalua road anyway)

Have you tried Moanalua area? Moanalua valley is a nice neighborhood, stay away from Salt Lake (adjacent to Moanalua), that place is ghetto.

BTW, you spelt Mililani correctly
Old 09-01-2005 | 03:02 AM
punish_her

dsmal, were do you live in Aiea. I live up behind pearlcountry club at Colonade.

That place, you can say, has covered parking. 5 story parking garage set into the hillside. only the top level is exposed. the elevators hit all levels too. They have nice penthouses and actualy 2 story units. Gated with security.

I just took a WAG at the spelling (wild @ss guess). Did it the kinergarden way spelt it like it sownded.

Last edited by punish_her; 09-01-2005 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2005 | 08:14 AM
dsmal

I live in Lele Pono. At the bottom of Ka'onohi St. I've seen you a few times when leaving my place. I have the white track model with lip and exhaust.
Old 09-01-2005 | 08:22 AM
Juno

Originally Posted by dsmal
Ewa Beach can be ghetto, depends on what area tho. The further in you go, the worse it gets (I have friends living on "the ghetto side"). But there was a bunch of new developments in the area, my friend's sister lives there, its pretty nice, gated too. Only crappy thing about Ewa beach, one way in, one way out. Traffic around 4-5 gets REALLY bad there.

Aiea is nice, I live in Aiea also. Street parking is bad tho, lots of break ins/thefts (down on moanalua road anyway)

Have you tried Moanalua area? Moanalua valley is a nice neighborhood, stay away from Salt Lake (adjacent to Moanalua), that place is ghetto.

BTW, you spelt Mililani correctly
The area of Ewa Beach we've been looking at online is a newer development called "Ocean Pointe". The townhouses have 2 car garages and a driveway. We were hoping it woudn't be that bad.

I haven't looked into Moanalua yet, but I will. Thanks for the tip!

I've also looked at a couple of places in Kaneohe, but we're getting conflicting reports from friends about the commute time to Hickam. Same thing with Waikiki, but I'm thinking Waikiki would be bad since you'd have to go all the way through Honolulu.

Thanks again for all the help, from both of you!
Old 09-01-2005 | 02:26 PM
punish_her

DSMAL there is also another guy that lives up close to me with a DB Z. Mine has the Motegies with the deep dish. Soon it'll be easier to here than see. My build gets started after this trip.
Old 09-01-2005 | 03:30 PM
showstoppertk

I know for sure that the commute between Ewa beach to hickam would take the longest, especially if your driving to work at hickam in the morning between 7-9am and back home to ewa beach between 4-6pm. expect to wait in traffic for probably 1 1/2 hrs each way but its probably the best priced place for your money.

however if I were in your position I'd try for the Aiea/Pearl City area, salt lake and moanalua are also pretty close and can be ok if you get a secured place. I wouldn't know for sure, but I'd bet you could get to work within 5 or 10 mins from any of those locations.

the "windward side", meaning Kaneohe/Kailua/MCBH, are smaller towns with a more "laid back" type atmopshere and you should be able to get to Hickam within maybe 30 mins if you take the H3 freeway, even during rush hour.

the traffic from the honolulu area (waikiki, makiki, kaimuki, etc) going toward hickam in the morning isn't too bad b/c most ppl are driving the other way, trying to get into honolulu for work. however I'd avoid living in the waikiki area at all costs due to crime, lack of parking, constant traffic (due to tourists, parades, etc), tons and tons of rookie cops itching to give tickets for any reason.
Old 09-03-2005 | 12:19 AM
Aloha350z

I've seen Ocean Pointe. It's a nice subdivision. It's a pretty quiet neighborhood (not ghetto). But, I wouldn't dare live there unless I could start work at 6am (to avoid traffic and possible accidents). My recommendation would also be to look for housing on the Windward side of the island. (H-3 is excellent for driving between MCBH and Pearl Harbor or Hickam.) If you are in the military, there are listings on base for rentals. There are homeowners here who only want to rent to active duty military personnel. Good Luck!
Old 09-03-2005 | 10:49 PM
Juno

Again, thanks to everyone for all your advice!!!

So, if you live in one of these places with parking garages, you can rent extra spots? That's good to know. I've found some affordable places that have garages but only one or two spots. Knowing we can rent a third makes me think I should keep them in mind.

Also good to know that Ocean Pointe isn't ghetto. My husband usually leaves for the gym around 5:30am, so he would at least miss the morning rush hour. I'd probably get stuck in it once I got a job though.

And thanks for all the tips on what areas to look in. That will be a big help when I come out to look for a place!
Old 09-05-2005 | 08:49 AM
punish_her

So it's come to my short list. Not exactly what I was hoping for since Raveann dropped out of existance(cant contact them). I've got dunlop as a good full sponsor, Sound insolation, and a few others. what its come to in order to get the HIN sponsorship I need more names on the car so I may have to go with the wert door and decal kits full ride.

Any moraly guideing responces, compromise my car for a year and get alot of free stuff, or stick to the roots and pass on the HIN and buy te stuff myself?

too much to think about