Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

New City Nissan Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
wardz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but for the most part the tony group is alright to buy parts because they are fast and actually followup with you...their customer service is good...but as for working and servicing your car...i wouldnt...
Old 03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by wardz33
i actually bought my car brand new from new city...they at first were ok...then my ac line broke and i took it to them for service....my warranty wasnt up...they charged me 175 to analyze the problem...because it took two hours and they claim that they have to do streneous things such as take out my intake. i needed it done so i said ok...the next problem was their shuttle...they said that the farthest they could take me west is the airport. and east is kahala mall. i was stuck because i live in waipahu and work in kahala past kahala mall...after analyzing the problem...there were two punctures on the ac line which could be seen when looking at it after removing the intake. they said that the aftermarket intake caused the hole and is not covered in the warranty...not to mention they only found the one hole and i found out that i had the second hole by taking it to tony nissan to get the line fixed due to poor service at new city. another disturbing part is that i waited 20 minutes for someone to retrieve my car in the back after they were done analyzing the car i actually had to stop someone and ask them to retrieve it for me. their people was standing around talking story... so i order the part at tony nissan and get the job there...they fit it knowing that the line will rub again with the intake and it rips a hole in the line again...i finally get my friend to fix it...all that had to be done after changing the line was to move it down one slot on the plastic clip on the strut tower so that it clears...over all i had to pay about 1000 dollars to get my ac up and running...
There are a couple of things to keep in mind.

First off, if you mod your car and your mod leads to something on your car breaking, YOU are responsible, not the dealership nor the manufacturer. Hence the reason the line wasn't covered under warranty. If however you experienced a defect on your car that wasn't caused by your intake, you would have been covered (e.g. your rear hatch strut blew or something) under warranty.

Secondly, the dealership choosing to fix your A/C line but not move it was a VERY smart move on their part. If they moved it and it lead to another failure, they would have been responsible. Whether or not it would break again was not their responsibility, it was your responsibility to either remove your intake, or modify the line so it would clear. What they should have done on their part however (assuming that they knew of course) was tell you that the line would continue to rub if you didn't do something about it. That way if you were ok with them moving the line, they could do it for you under the stipulation that if it failed again because they moved it, they wouldn't be responsible because you told them to move it. **** poor communication on the part of the dealership on this one but I can understand why they didn't move the line from it's factory location.

Third, the lot techs taking forever and a day to get your car is just and example of lazy people paid slightly over minimum wage being lazy people paid slightly over minimum wage. There's no excuse for lazy azz lot techs but unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. If you think it's a headache for you, you should see what a pain in the azz it is for us when we have to deal with half-azzed detail jobs on customer's cars. It's never fun having to have a customer come back so they can get a proper detail from one of the good detailers because one of the lazy ones didn't do a good job in the first place. On this note, I can definitely understand where you're coming from. And if it annoys me this much at Infiniti, I can only imagine how annoying it is at Nissan.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:20 PM
blazed54

just go to King Nissan from now on. Nuff said.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
whitecel

Originally Posted by wardz33
but for the most part the tony group is alright to buy parts because they are fast and actually followup with you...their customer service is good...but as for working and servicing your car...i wouldnt...
Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
I drove to New City for service because Tony sucks so much... takes them 2 hours and change to change the goddamn oil.
I would never go back to tony nissan too although they are 1 min away from my my house. Same thing happened over there as ctwentytwo. Took 2 damn hours for just an oil change. They told me the car was done and being brought up...30 minutes later it's finally there. Got my car back with the a/c on full blast (pissed since they didn't turn it off before shutting off the car), radio full blast, and 1.5 extra miles on my car (i don't trust dealerships so i log the miles). So I raised hell and the manager told me they would deal with it. I told them I wanted that high school punk lot tech that drove my car fired. But yea...tony hires all high schoolers and punks. My neighboor used to be a lot tech and he told me they would take all the nice cars out to get lunch and try out whether it was tony's or customers.

Would never go with new city nissan. When I was z shopping, they kept me there for 3 hours and I told them I had to pick up our dog, but they didn't care. Then they tried to sell me a base z for 30k. Lastly, they told me my 05 wrx (14,000 miles) was only worth 9k. I also, wouldn't go there because they always try to rip my parents off on repair work for their altimas.

+1 for King windward. I'm up for a change so I'll be taking it to king windward. At least they were willing to help me with everything even though I did not buy my z from them.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:54 PM
skitoles

New Shitty Nissan FTL.
most of the service reps are ***hholes.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blazed54
just go to King Nissan from now on. Nuff said.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
ottoman411

I went to king windward nissan today to mount and balance my new dunlop direzza tires as well as an alignment and I have to say their service is superior to new city nissan. they also fixed by tire pressure sensors... They are awesome. two thumbs up. thought i'd just add this in since i started this thread, it gives me some closure.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:01 PM
rouxeny

I've only been to NCN and I wasn't that excited. I can't really pin down anything specific, but I would be nervous if I had a GT-R and had to get it serviced there.