Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

4 July NEX car show

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
350Eazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 July NEX car show

"Oahu Z" is what we are calling ourselves. Yet we never seem to do anything together. Meets where 4-6 people show, and it always seems to be the same people. I love the Z community, and I love being a part of something, so we need to start being a "community" and showing a presence here on Oahu. I offer not just my personal feelings on this "problem", but a solution or suggestion if you please. There is a car show on 4 July at the NEX on Pearl Harbor. The registration fee for this event is $10, in which you will recieve a food coupon for $10. The registration begins at the "Build the Track" show this saturday June 14th at Aloha Towers. The hours are 10-4. I will be showing my car at this event and also registering for the 4 July show. I have spoken to a few people and SILKZ03 will also be in the showing at the NEX. I think it would be a great event for us to make our presence known and possibly wear our shirts and talk to other Z owners about being a part of what we are attempting to put together. I apologize if you think I am being rash about this, but if we are going to do this, lets do it the right way.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely said Jay. I also believe that we should be appearing in more events and "get-togethers" as well. I put my sticker on last week Friday and you wouldn't believe the amount of stares my car was getting on the road. Saturday afternoon, my gf and I went to KFC in Waikele; 3 people that were passing by literally stopped and stared at my car (AND ITS STOCK!).

From what I've seen, our Z community is huge...we just need to make our presence known. Drivers should come out, regardless if they're stock. You'd be surprised how many drivers enjoy the "clean look"! (Not for long though..)
Old 06-12-2008, 06:30 PM
350Eazy

Anyone else?????
Old 06-12-2008, 06:51 PM
bluesi808

the show scene in hawaii is pretty much done. a lot of people grew out of it already. everybodies schedule is different so it's hard to put a meet together every month. plus, a lot of police are cracking down on meets and cruises.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:16 PM
HFD350zFREAK

Default a

My schedule is usually f*d up, so the meets are always on days that i work. but don't get me wrong, i will come if i have the time and i love meeting up with everyone, even if it's for just a few minutes i'll show face and dig out.

My Z isn't stock, but my front bumper has a crack in it, and the guy who painted my kit didn't do a good color matching job. Now i just swapped my trunks with someone because of the CF wing, and now my trunk doesn't line up.

I would go to that show, but my Z just isn't "eye candy". I would go to a race track show... (after my NOS is installed), but i'm ashamed of how my car looks right now.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM
808_350z

i would love to jump in with OahuZ just to represent! but right now my car is still down and getting more things done to it...
Old 06-12-2008, 10:19 PM
punish_her

Man this is cutting it close with me. I leave on the 5th for a good while. So I need to decide if my last day is going to be at the carshow or packing and getting busy... Hard decision. If I dont enter in, I may stop in for a look see.

Man my schedule is tight!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:39 PM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by 350Eazy
"Oahu Z" is what we are calling ourselves. Yet we never seem to do anything together. Meets where 4-6 people show, and it always seems to be the same people. I love the Z community, and I love being a part of something, so we need to start being a "community" and showing a presence here on Oahu. I offer not just my personal feelings on this "problem", but a solution or suggestion if you please. There is a car show on 4 July at the NEX on Pearl Harbor. The registration fee for this event is $10, in which you will recieve a food coupon for $10. The registration begins at the "Build the Track" show this saturday June 14th at Aloha Towers. The hours are 10-4. I will be showing my car at this event and also registering for the 4 July show. I have spoken to a few people and SILKZ03 will also be in the showing at the NEX. I think it would be a great event for us to make our presence known and possibly wear our shirts and talk to other Z owners about being a part of what we are attempting to put together. I apologize if you think I am being rash about this, but if we are going to do this, lets do it the right way.
Jay, nice try, as you see its not as easy to get the Z community to represent anything. I first came to the Island June 2006 while on leave stationed in Korea, went to the NEX car show for the first time, excited as hell, looking for Z and saw only one Z and it was basically stock...my car was in storage for the year but at least one Z showed. Same thing in 2007 one Z showd, I missed the registration deadline but still went. The Hickam car show, I posted it nobody showed except for me and Andy, jorge came out later, BIG PUN was working on his car across the street. After that I took my Z to resale lot on post to be sold...I was just turned off about having a Z and no participation from the Z community....but changed my mind.

Oahu Z? heh, not a club just a group of guys getting together every now and then to SHOW EACH OTHER OUR CARS and Ideas, tech advice etc, but not a real club even though ryan is trying his hardest to make it happen....good luck bro, I commend you on your efforts and really hope this works out. But just getting a T-shirt or sticker doesn't make you a real Z enthusiast or give the guys enough push to represent what they have on the right corner of the windshield or come out to shows/meets. Most just want a sticker for show but not to represent when it comes down to it (my opinion) .

Not everybody can make shows or meets, thats is understandable, everybody has priorities...lord knows I do. But when is time to show and shine...NO MATTER STOCK OR NOT...its time to be a part of a group we supposedly call OahuZ. It dosen't matter if its stock, modded, semi modded, dirty, cracked (jeff) Dog, its alls good!! its just the point of us being together parked side by side for the whole dayum island to see...Zs are here representing and not just riding down H1 looking good or speeding through traffic....that is the point.

Showing your car or meeting up AIN'T PLAYED OUT especially for real Z enthusiast as we are supposed to be. I for one like the compliments I get on my Z and people ask has it been in shows....well I would like to put in one with more than ONE Z!!! Jay, ryan, this is preaching to the choir. Below are some threads from my subscription list that shows past attempts. I'm sure there are others. I only knew of the "build the track" show because of Jay mentioning it on the forum and he almost didn't get in. I'll be there registering for the NEX show saturday...believe that. No pressure guys but would be nice AGAIN to see more than one Z THIS YEAR!! especially with all these OahuZ stickers running around here. We shouldn't be trying to win a Dayum thing at the NEX...unless that is your thing and its all good, but our goal collectively should be to just show the other car enthusiast what a Z looks like with a little love and the Z heritage isn't dead or played out on this or any other island....feeling me? I'm done and appoligize if I stepped on any toes, but if the shoe fits...wear it .

https://my350z.com/forum/pacific/269070-car-show-navy-exchange-6-may.html
https://my350z.com/forum/pacific/197079-disappointed.html
https://my350z.com/forum/pacific/290679-hickam-airforce-base-car-show-4-aug.html
https://my350z.com/forum/pacific/285844-car-show-at-schofield-barracks-14-july.html

Last edited by SILKZ03; 06-13-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:27 AM
350Eazy

Well Joe, looks like its just you and me. But thats ok, and I hope Ryan makes it as well.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:42 AM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by 350Eazy
Well Joe, looks like its just you and me. But thats ok, and I hope Ryan makes it as well.
whats new? Sad....but for a change tell me something we don't already know.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 06-13-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:17 AM
rr_z33

i still dont have a car yet and i got news that smoke is comming out of one of my exhaust. the endless troubles...
my car is kinda falling apart but if more people want to jump in lets do this! im down if its only 10 bucks
Old 06-13-2008, 08:42 AM
cocoroco

i got a deplyment to big island from the 3 to the 7 of july! sorry guys, i will love to be there with the crew to represent but work is a b!tc*.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:37 AM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by rr_z33
i still dont have a car yet and i got news that smoke is comming out of one of my exhaust. the endless troubles...
my car is kinda falling apart but if more people want to jump in lets do this! im down if its only 10 bucks
Sorry to hear that, maybe by the 4th you'll have it squared away.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:19 AM
dj.kickz

you also gotta realize some guys don't want to show their cars because you instantly become a target for thieves when you do. Also for the guys seriously trying to win shows once you show your car with something you need to seriously change it up to have another shot at winning so some people don't want to show their car before street car showoff or until it is completely finished.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:12 PM
350Eazy

i'm done with this issue
Old 06-13-2008, 01:29 PM
808_enthusiastZ

so when is the registration???? i'll enter my car in. looks all wack but i'll put it in the show. yo joe let me know when is the registration and i'll go same time as you.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:06 PM
puertorican

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

hey whats good, well im down here in puerto rico right now, but I am down to put my car in the show..... problem is I dont get back to hawaii until july
3rd the day before the show, So can somebody hook it up and get me registered n I will pay back the 10 dollars when I get back..... really wanna put my car in the show and rep oahu z...
Old 06-13-2008, 03:24 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

FYI, the July 4th show is not the NEX show. The July 4th show is the Pearl Harbor 4th of July Block Party, which takes place on Pearl Harbor by the McDonalds. The NEX show takes place in the NEX parking lot. I can't remember when the NEX show is this year.

The show was good last year, but is overrun by Scions in the "Import" category. You get front row seats to the fireworks show on Pearl which was good last year.

There's also a show going on at the stadium (some hot rod show).
Old 06-13-2008, 04:05 PM
350Eazy

The NEX show is not happening this year, so it has been rolled into the Pearl Harbor 4 July show. Either way it don't matter. Registration Booth will be at the Build the Track show tomorrow. Cost is still $10 and you get the $10 food coupon to use on 4 July.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:46 PM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
you also gotta realize some guys don't want to show their cars because you instantly become a target for thieves when you do. Also for the guys seriously trying to win shows once you show your car with something you need to seriously change it up to have another shot at winning so some people don't want to show their car before street car showoff or until it is completely finished.
what? target for thieves? in that case why mod the car? what is the point? can't drive to walmart, can't drive thru at Mcdonalds, can't park it at the mall? can't hang out...somebody might see it and want to steal it...what? In that case all our cars gonna be stolen. Bro, your car is a Target regardless...its a Z, if you scared to show your car cause you got mods and thieves are trying to steal it, then.....why??? I dont need to say it...do I? Again, the point is....If winning and not showing until the Big show is your thing...so be it; alls good. But I'm sure not all of us is waiting for the "Big show". Participating in the 4th Show or any other show is just another way to have a good time with other people who share the same passion as we do....maybe I'm wrong and barking up the wrong tree

Last edited by SILKZ03; 06-13-2008 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 4 July NEX car show