Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

lucky us

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:19 AM
808_enthusiastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RiceR
Why did they make you tow yours car?
cuz i had 20's on my car and they tried to push on my suspension and my eyelids. i mean the cop literally told me from the beginning that my car is getting towed. without even letting me know whats the sitations are
Old 07-07-2008, 03:29 AM
nismoflip6

All I got to say was that today was one of those "Too Good To Be True" days...Sun was shining...wind was blowing...no rain...good turnout...then BAMMM!!
HPD...FAIL...

I was almost sure that I was going to get tag'd for my drop, but lucky me...the Solo Biker Cop just did a walk around and let me on my way...
Haha...what a weekend...I actually got pulled over the night before at one of those DUI Checkpoints...I passed his little test...then goes and compliments my car on how nice it is...LoL

4th of July weekend....FTW
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350Eazy
"spirit run" thats a nice way of playing tag with Joe?
joe is right, that was the only highlight of the day. My friend and I wanted to get off the radar for a little while so we booked it over to the NEX for lunch..stayed there for a few hours...when we left, I got back on the freeway and one of those pontiac cops from sand island came out of nowhere and was tailing me for a little bit. I was literally going 50mph the whole way home, so he ended up leaving me alone.

"HPD's Finest" are a bunch of lazy a$$holes who can't tag anyone fairly on the road, they gotta take us all down when we're sitting ducks. HPD..FTMFL!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by HFD350zFREAK
crap, if it was a bunch of solo bikes that did the ticketing, then it's guarentee that it was a sting. It was whoever is in charge of that battalion that made that call, and that's pretty deep.
then thats what it was.... a sting...like 10 bikers and they were the ones giving out the tickets...it was like a freeaakin road block, it wasn't just us..it was every car/truck that came out of the park getting hit.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 07-07-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by 808_enthusiastZ
cuz i had 20's on my car and they tried to push on my suspension and my eyelids. i mean the cop literally told me from the beginning that my car is getting towed. without even letting me know whats the sitations are
It depended on what A-hole was at your car. I got eyelids, suspension, just like you do...but didn't get hit for that. But for the small sh#$#$#$T..this whole thing wasnt legit. It seemed that the cop that was at my car really didn't want to do what he was doing, didn't seem his heart was in it. He was being coached by another old azz cop not in uniform. There were at least 3 or 4 cops in civilian cloths coaching the bikers on these tickets. The plain cloths cop was pointing out sh#$#t to the biker cop, that he missed....or wanted to miss. yeah, this was a sting, and training for the newbees.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 07-07-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Traffic jerks for the loss.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 PM
bruddahmatt

This was obviously a sting going off of the sheer number of cops that were there. Same thing happened at one of the runumhard cruises a few months back. Cops raided the Costco parking lot in full force. Blocked off all entrances (although they forgot a back alley which a few cars escaped through) and funneled everyone through one exit ticketing folks for recon violations and trespassing. They took pictures and banned them from Costco for a year. Lucky me and my stock sedan, the cop looks at me and my car and goes "you guys don't look like you're with them" and lets us leave after my girl told them we just went to the movies at Dole. Those cruises I can understand though. People do dumb things at runumhard gatherings.

But yesterday was just a bunch of guys getting together to show off their cars. Sure it was dumb for them to not get proper permission. However I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that no one really expected THAT many cars to show up. Still, no one was bothering anyone. So why waste taxpayer dollars to be a**holes and ticket people for petty things? This is the kind of dumb s**t I don't understand...until I think about how much money they'll make off tickets and realize "oh yeah".

I know a lot of good cops. In fact, some of the officers yesterday were cool about letting us go since we weren't with everyone else. Some of them rolled their eyes like they'd rather be somewhere else...you know...helping to resolve and prevent REAL crimes. However yesterday also proved that some police officers were obviously picked on in high school and they have inferiority complexes.

The Hawaii automotive enthusiasts need to get together and do something about this as it has become a serious problem. Nevermind 100+ mph cruises, when cops raid car "shows", they've gone too far.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by bruddahmatt
This was obviously a sting going off of the sheer number of cops that were there. Same thing happened at one of the runumhard cruises a few months back. Cops raided the Costco parking lot in full force. Blocked off all entrances (although they forgot a back alley which a few cars escaped through) and funneled everyone through one exit ticketing folks for recon violations and trespassing. They took pictures and banned them from Costco for a year. Lucky me and my stock sedan, the cop looks at me and my car and goes "you guys don't look like you're with them" and lets us leave after my girl told them we just went to the movies at Dole. Those cruises I can understand though. People do dumb things at runumhard gatherings.

But yesterday was just a bunch of guys getting together to show off their cars. Sure it was dumb for them to not get proper permission. However I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that no one really expected THAT many cars to show up. Still, no one was bothering anyone. So why waste taxpayer dollars to be a**holes and ticket people for petty things? This is the kind of dumb s**t I don't understand...until I think about how much money they'll make off tickets and realize "oh yeah".

I know a lot of good cops. In fact, some of the officers yesterday were cool about letting us go since we weren't with everyone else. Some of them rolled their eyes like they'd rather be somewhere else...you know...helping to resolve and prevent REAL crimes. However yesterday also proved that some police officers were obviously picked on in high school and they have inferiority complexes.

The Hawaii automotive enthusiasts need to get together and do something about this as it has become a serious problem. Nevermind 100+ mph cruises, when cops raid car "shows", they've gone too far.
This kind of thing turns newcomers to the meets and cruises off, they wont be back if this is how its gonna be. I'm not new to these meets and cruises the Gs throw but this has never happend and couple the new Z guys are completely turned off about meets and cruises now. So I'm I. Especially when we were doing nothing but parked???????? and enjoying the day, pics and cars. What a demotivator!!! Hell, get me on something like our "spirit run" up the H1 getting to the meet atleast i know was doing something really illegal...but fun. Anys, thanks for the invite. It wasn't your fault. Im still pissed but I still want you to give me a deal on an M.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Meatshackle

What I've learned from all of this is to check the forums for meets and bbqs and organize street-racing at the same time. I know the police will be too busy busting people eating hot dogs and listening to music to catch us terrorizing the roadways.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:11 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Meatshackle
What I've learned from all of this is to check the forums for meets and bbqs and organize street-racing at the same time. I know the police will be too busy busting people eating hot dogs and listening to music to catch us terrorizing the roadways.
The intent of yesterday was for gathering and talking story about our cars, not street racing. The same goes for the subie legacy club that later got verbally violated by HPD. They were just kickin back bbq'n.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
dj.kickz

and when i said i don't go on cruises because i dont want to get targeted by cops i believe the response was "why do you even drive your car then?"
Old 07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
XLR8SN

Originally Posted by SILKZ03
This kind of thing turns newcomers to the meets and cruises off, they wont be back if this is how its gonna be. I'm not new to these meets and cruises the Gs throw but this has never happend and couple the new Z guys are completely turned off about meets and cruises now. So I'm I. Especially when we were doing nothing but parked???????? and enjoying the day, pics and cars. What a demotivator!!! Hell, get me on something like our "spirit run" up the H1 getting to the meet atleast i know was doing something really illegal...but fun. Anys, thanks for the invite. It wasn't your fault. Im still pissed but I still want you to give me a deal on an M.

In my own secular, localized opinion......personally....if this is how you guys feel...then the raid was indeed a success. It doesnt matter really what groups meet up per se....just the plain fact that as more people get together...more "unexpected" things happen. Its just a common assumption and reasonal profiling of people. One or two people by themselves wouldnt do stupid things...but a group would. Intellect is inverse on the amount of people getting together. Yes one could argue that nobody was doing anything and what have you say....but I guess they are/weren't taking that risk.

I dont know how many times we were "raided" and chased out of places just because a group of us were gathering.....but it happens.

I am not saying that I agree to the tactics that the HPD used...but they are looking into the interest of the general public.....not neccessarily "yours" at that exact moment.

However......ultimately if you really did "obey" the vehicular laws....then in general no one would have gotten tickets for recon or illegal this and that. Other than complaining that HPD crashed a party uninvited.....the tickets for illegal items are really "our" own fault. Why get upset over something that you knew you might get caught for. Seriously.....if you are going to make your car illegal and drive it on the roads.....then when you get caught, dont complain about it. Suck it up and pay the fines and/or fix the issues that gave you the ticket in the first place. Dont give them a reason to give you the ticket..simple as that.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:17 PM
dj.kickz

Originally Posted by XLR8SN
In my own secular, localized opinion......personally....if this is how you guys feel...then the raid was indeed a success. It doesnt matter really what groups meet up per se....just the plain fact that as more people get together...more "unexpected" things happen. Its just a common assumption and reasonal profiling of people. One or two people by themselves wouldnt do stupid things...but a group would. Intellect is inverse on the amount of people getting together. Yes one could argue that nobody was doing anything and what have you say....but I guess they are/weren't taking that risk.

I dont know how many times we were "raided" and chased out of places just because a group of us were gathering.....but it happens.

I am not saying that I agree to the tactics that the HPD used...but they are looking into the interest of the general public.....not neccessarily "yours" at that exact moment.

However......ultimately if you really did "obey" the vehicular laws....then in general no one would have gotten tickets for recon or illegal this and that. Other than complaining that HPD crashed a party uninvited.....the tickets for illegal items are really "our" own fault. Why get upset over something that you knew you might get caught for. Seriously.....if you are going to make your car illegal and drive it on the roads.....then when you get caught, dont complain about it. Suck it up and pay the fines and/or fix the issues that gave you the ticket in the first place. Dont give them a reason to give you the ticket..simple as that.
the complaint isnt that we are driving illegal cars on the road and complaining about it. the complaint is that a bone stock Z doesn't meet the suspension travel requirements for recon (neither will an bone stock NSX or a bone stock evo or a corvette or any number of other cars) so it is completely impossible for us to comply with hawaii's archaic traffic laws.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
XLR8SN

If the Recon inspectors were there and you had OEM suspension on your car.....then "you" would not have any issues. By just adding on coilovers...already "you" run into issues with recon. I could not pass safety checks because of coilovers being aftermarket....and because the height of the car can be adjusted....it becomes a safety issue of a sort with the DOT. Now if "you" were running maybe Eibachs or the Nismo suspension...then maybe "you" might have an arguement there.

This is kind of a bad...canted conversation here. What I am saying is that if anyone modifies their car in any sort of way that might violate recon/safety laws...then they really ought to check on it before they buy it or install it. The DOT and car companies really want to have people buy a car and leave it be sort of to speak. Use the "performance parts" that they car companies use and maybe that would ease the issues.

It doesnt matter that the OEM suspension is stiffer and wouldnt pass the recon laws in Hawaii...the point is that it came from the factory that did its testing and got its okay from the DOT and what have you to use it on their car. Therefore.....its legal.......deviate from that..and now it may become illegal. Certain parts were made for the racing circuit. Just because they sell it on the open market does not mean that they are legal everywhere. The governing safety boards/groups have different set of safety laws for all out racing tracks...and the street. Some of the laws here might be a bit dated.....but what can you do until they are amended....it really isnt hard to abide by them...within reason.

I am not saying that I dont feel for anyone that got ticketed.....just that if you are running around illegally.....then well......getting caught is just a matter of time. Everyone just happened to get caught in a raid that was intended for another group that happened to be there at the same time. HPD was doing their job per se....not always the way we would like them to do it.....but never the less......they are enforcing the laws...whether they be social or vehicular. It sucks....it really does for those that happened to be there and got caught. However, the police have to do their work as well. Granted, sometimes they can be a bit harsh...but just make your car as legal as you can be and the rest should be okay.

With whatever a person does, eventually they have to take responsibility for their actions.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:26 PM
SILKZ03

Obviously you dont have any mods or anything for that matter done to your car, or been harrased cause you have a nice car....or better yet who are you and why don't you show your Z....or do you even have one? come out to our meets.....and not just post your opinon coming out like a roach when the lights come on....THAT IS AN INVITE IF YOU DIDN'T GET IT! That day it didn't matter what you was driving a Z to freakin Truck, family sedan with Tint and it all depended on what they felt like getting you on, families in family cars were getting pulled over and ticketed just because...thats BS and some guys with mods were let go with nothing said....which were heavliy modded, there is a thing called harrasment...but thanks for your advice..point taken. Sure would like to see your sick Z at one of our meets....matter fact how about coming out the Waipahu show Sunday and park next to me and jay...and the other illegal cars. Most of us had our cars modded in the mainland, and shipped here no problem or issues. But whats legal mainland isn't legal here....no such thing as Recon.

Again, We appreciate your own secular localized thoughts and opinon on the matter and your point taken. The invite is out....see you soon, hopefully not just on the board.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 07-07-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Meatshackle

Originally Posted by 67ZNISMO
The intent of yesterday was for gathering and talking story about our cars, not street racing. The same goes for the subie legacy club that later got verbally violated by HPD. They were just kickin back bbq'n.
I guess you didn't pick up my sarcasm.

I was there.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by Meatshackle
I guess you didn't pick up my sarcasm.

I was there.
he didn't.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
bluesi808

I HAVE A FEELING THIS GUY IS A COP.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
lordz350

i think that was the guy with the viper and his car is modded as well he just didnt get caught.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:22 PM
XLR8SN

Originally Posted by SILKZ03
Obviously you dont have any mods or anything for that matter done to your car, or been harrased cause you have a nice car....or better yet who are you and why don't you show your Z....or do you even have one? come out to our meets.....and not just post your opinon coming out like a roach when the lights come on....THAT IS AN INVITE IF YOU DIDN'T GET IT! That day it didn't matter what you was driving a Z to freakin Truck, family sedan with Tint and it all depended on what they felt like getting you on, families in family cars were getting pulled over and ticketed just because...thats BS and some guys with mods were let go with nothing said....which were heavliy modded, there is a thing called harrasment...but thanks for your advice..point taken. Sure would like to see your sick Z at one of our meets....matter fact how about coming out the Waipahu show Sunday and park next to me and jay...and the other illegal cars. Most of us had our cars modded in the mainland, and shipped here no problem or issues. But whats legal mainland isn't legal here....no such thing as Recon.

Again, We appreciate your own secular localized thoughts and opinon on the matter and your point taken. The invite is out....see you soon, hopefully not just on the board.
You know......I was not pointing fingers at anyone or saying that it was all "your" fault in getting tickets. I purposely said that it was my personal thoughts with the intention so that it was not directed to anyone. Every statement was made very generally. My opinion was that if you feel that you dont want to meet up and be a cohesive group....then the (possible) purpose of the raid was successful. In keeping car clubs from gathering at one designated spot.

Now I dont know any of the new guys personally since the new group turned up, so I wont judge "you" personally based on any statements made here on the boards. It is what it is...an open forum. Good and bad comments come flying by, nothing personal taken, just because it was typed...doesnt neccessarily define you as a person.

Anyhow, for the record...I was there at the park. There was a time that I along with several others always got the G35's and the 350Z's along with the other Nissan groups at that time together. No I dont own a 350Z and never did. I had a G35 and yes it was modded. Yes I also got caught for many things as well.

I sympathized with the guys that got caught by the police and yes that sucks. The point is that if a person modifies his or her car in any way that might be questionable...then they should either check to see if it is legal (regardless on where they were prior) at the next place that they are going or even in their own place of residence. People (police included) can be difficult, that is just the way that its going to be. Never the less...all that I am saying is keep you car as legal as you can make it while still being able to express yourself in an artistic way. If you make it illegal, and you know it, then when you get caught, there really isnt much that you can complain about. It doesnt matter that others got away with it...all that matters is that you are legal. Like I said...people can be difficult.

Its a small island...we all know or have a relative thats a police officer or something. They dont always like to have to give out tickets to everyone for minor things...but they have pressure from their commanders to efforce certain issues. Cant always just stereotype them and bash them as well. Though....I think import cars are stereotyped and profiled.....ahhh I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time.

Errrrr....nope not a cop. Yes I have a Viper now. Yes there are some small legal issues, nothing major. Yes I went to Sand Island. No didnt get caught since I went there after the issues to look at the GTR.

Last edited by XLR8SN; 07-07-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Quick Reply: lucky us