Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Moving to Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
phenoms350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Hawaii

hey whats up guys just wanted introduce myself. the name is jason. ill be moving to hawaii in january after i get back from deployment. i think its a good switch from alaska (thank god i wont be cold anymore) to hawaii at least i wont have to worry about my car gettin frozen anymore.
here are some my mods.

2007 san marina blue 350z
kenwood DNX 9140 (with all the features my little bro even put a back up camera on the z)
focal components in the front
Alpine amp (dont remeber the size my little bro did the build at his shop)
JL 12" w3 in custom built box
Borla TD exhaust
Injen Cold Air Intake
Berk High Flow cats
Osris Re-flash/tune
B&M Short Shifter

As soon as i get home from iraq in october im lowering the car and puttin wheels on not sure which ones im gettin but i want to find some in black. if anybody has a good recomondation for a good set of wheels for my z let me know. im also gonna get the car dyno when i get back. so ill let you guys know the numbers. if you guys need a hook up on some audio stuff let me know and il l talk to my little bro. ill have pics up as soon as my bro sends me the pics. also is there anything i need to do with with my car before i ship over there. thanks guys
Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Howdy and welcome. Doesn't look like you got anything on the car that would make the local leo's want to pull you over.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:55 PM
phenoms350z

haha thanks man. so do you guys have alot of meet ups like all year long or what? just curious
Old 06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We usually have team meets once a month which are mandatory...haven't had one in a while due to the lack of events. Things will be moving along pretty quickly over the next 6 months with shows, events and cruises. Our military boys should be back in about 4-5 months as well so we should be fairly busy then.

Keep checking the forums...we'll post when necessary. Good to have you on board brah!
Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 AM
phenoms350z

sweet bro thanks for the info. yea ill be coming back in august from iraq and ill be gettin stationed there. i cant wait its been a huge goal of mine to get stationed in hawaii. im lookin forward to meeting you all.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
GZire

What branch of service are you in?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM
phenoms350z

Im in the army. Why do you ask?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
GZire

I'm a civilian contractor working in Pearl.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 AM
phenoms350z

oh cool. yea i cant wait to get there im stoked!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 AM
unkn0wn ryder

Originally Posted by phenoms350z
is there anything i need to do with with my car before i ship over there. thanks guys
take detailed pics of your car before you ship it. make sure you get everything, in and out of the car... that saved me alot of head aches when i shipped my car from maui to texas... these people dont really take care of cars when they're being shipped... and inspect your car carefully when you get it in hawaii...

i know i'm gonna have to do this again myself since i'm shipping my car back to hawaii in april....

GZire... how do they haters aka cops treat the hooked up cars and boosted guys down there? i wouldnt know since i havent lived there for seven yrs... lol
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM
GZire

^^^My cars were never flashy so I don't really draw attention. That being said, I almost never drove through Waikiki after I had the TT's in my G.

Sorry man I dunno, I think the guys who've done a lot of body work & drops might be better able to answer your question about harassment.

I got pulled over in the new car, but luckily the LEO let me off with a warning.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
_STEVEO_01

Just carry a stale box of doughnuts with you and make sure they have plenty of frosting all over them shiets... When the 5-0 rolls you, throw them out the window and punch it. Works every time.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:15 AM
dj.kickz

My car is pretty flashy (altho not FI) and I haven't been pulled over yet (knock on wood) although I try to drive it as little as possible and rarely ever at night so not to tempt fate.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
My car is pretty flashy (altho not FI) and I haven't been pulled over yet (knock on wood) although I try to drive it as little as possible and rarely ever at night so not to tempt fate.
Hey, you got lucky. I got pulled on a sunday in Waikiki, wasn't doing anything, just in traffic, going home, doing about 25mph. Cops, pulled me, told me I shouldn't bring my Z down there because I would be pulled everytime...not only my Z but they target modded cars. They told me of a Waikiki city ordinance on loud noise...so if you have a modded car with an after market exhaust they will pull you, loud or not....just because you have the mod. Most guys with harleys are warned not to go down there. Although it took me months, I've been down there a couple of times in the Z just for clubbing but no cruising up the street....just pull in the parking garage and out...n back to da house.

Originally Posted by _STEVEO_01
Just carry a stale box of doughnuts with you and make sure they have plenty of frosting all over them shiets... When the 5-0 rolls you, throw them out the window and punch it. Works every time.
you freak'n crazy brah!!

Last edited by SILKZ03; 06-11-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:16 PM
nosurf2day

Well that makes it offical, I am not going to be looking for a place to live down there when I move there. I would get pulled every day.

Thanks for the info, that is very valuable information.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:14 PM
dj.kickz

oh yeah i can't say i've ever taken my Z to Waikiki. Don't worry though surf, you wouldn't want to live in Waikiki anyway, trust me.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:08 PM
nosurf2day

How is Kapolie or makakilo city? Looking at that area too.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:23 PM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
oh yeah i can't say i've ever taken my Z to Waikiki. Don't worry though surf, you wouldn't want to live in Waikiki anyway, trust me.
....there are better places to live..DJ said it right. Just take the wifey's truck or car to waikiki, leave the Z at the spot...thats what I do.....until I just can't take it anymore.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:07 PM
dj.kickz

Originally Posted by nosurf2day
How is Kapolie or makakilo city? Looking at that area too.
a little far away by hawaii standards (20-30 minutes drive into town without traffic) but everything is pretty close compared to the mainland. Some pretty nice houses out there and in Ewa Beach though.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
rr_z33

i did an experiment once just to see what would happen. i drove into waikiki with my old car with open test pipes went into a gas station that was completely loaded with cop cars got a drink and drove down the strip. for some reason i didnt get pulled over kamu was with me and thought i was retarded for doing this experiment. then i go to the mainland and get pulled over for a modified exhaust ticket when all i had was a greddy tic single which is hardly loud at all. just depends on your luck i think.

Quick Reply: Moving to Hawaii