IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by MaRbLe
Come on Cosworth, waiting sucks LOL

how is moscow this days man
Old 09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn i hope this lives up to the expectations because its taken more time to develope this it seems then a FI kit for the HR lmao
Old 09-19-2007, 02:25 PM
drsifu

Originally Posted by sandy@forged
Yes $999 was included shipping, they should ship it out by the end of next week to us
you guys are so anxious....

it said Cosworth would ship the plenums out end of next week...this was post last week.

so cosworth ship to Forge on the 21st...forger gets it at the latest friday next week (28th), ship to customers...someone should have it by the first week of October.

until than....
Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Until Sharif posts that he has one on hand (and I'm willing to be he will post as soon as he does), I wouldn't hold my breath. Further Sharif is pretty consistent in testing stuff out before selling it, so I'm sure we'll see data on this unit well in advance of outgoing shipments to customers. +1 on October.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by drsifu
you guys are so anxious....

it said Cosworth would ship the plenums out end of next week...this was post last week.

so cosworth ship to Forge on the 21st...forger gets it at the latest friday next week (28th), ship to customers...someone should have it by the first week of October.

until than....
although what ur saying is true. We live in a world where u can get a entire military response to any threat globally in minutes , and we can get fast food almost anywhere in the civilized world in a matter of seconds hot and same tasting .

Moral of story : WE WANT TO SEE THIS DAMN THING NOW lmao . jk man
i actually cant wait for this to see how it performs on the revup. but the anticipation is crazy.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Shipping Sept 7th to us...that is the lastest I have.

This is what I was referring to drsifu... I am not trying to seem impatient, just anxious to get my hands on this......

(in Homer voice).... "mmmmmmmmmmmm Carbon Fiber"....
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 PM
turismo

Im gonna build my own
Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by turismo
Im gonna build my own
You could have by now. It will be an embarassment if a current plenum spacer produces the same results as this does.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THE TECH
You could have by now. It will be an embarassment if a current plenum spacer produces the same results as this does.
+1

I'm not trying to **** on Sharif's thread and group buy, because I know he has the best of intentions for everyone involved. I hope this intake manifold performs as well as is hoped. However, I still don't understand why it has taken and continues to take Cosworth soooo long to get this to market. It's getting a bit rediculous.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 PM
oro

Sharif is at the mercy of Cosworth, he's known for good business practices. As always some may blame him but having been both a service writer and a parts guy....when the parts distributor says it will show up on "X" date and it doesn't all you can tell the customer is I'm sorry, I'll let you know when we see it.

Good thing Cosworth doesn't have any current competitors releasing something at the same time or they might have just had Sharif telling them to keep their late *** product!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:48 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by oro
Sharif is at the mercy of Cosworth, he's known for good business practices. As always some may blame him but having been both a service writer and a parts guy....when the parts distributor says it will show up on "X" date and it doesn't all you can tell the customer is I'm sorry, I'll let you know when we see it.

Good thing Cosworth doesn't have any current competitors releasing something at the same time or they might have just had Sharif telling them to keep their late *** product!
Agreed. I'm not questioning or blaming Sharif. I'm calling out Cosworth.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:16 PM
oro

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Agreed. I'm not questioning or blaming Sharif. I'm calling out Cosworth.
Oh I didn't mean to make it sound like I was pointing a finger at you...but hey if you know someone who is real good with welding, I can draw some crazy *** designs, not saying they would work, but im sure they would look badass....hell I could make them stainless steel and sell a ton
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by oro
Oh I didn't mean to make it sound like I was pointing a finger at you...but hey if you know someone who is real good with welding, I can draw some crazy *** designs, not saying they would work, but im sure they would look badass....hell I could make them stainless steel and sell a ton
I'm pretty sure that is how the Kinetix SSV was made!

That's why I didn't jump on this group buy. After falling victim to the Kinetix SSV fiasco, I decided to wait until I see proven dyno results on the forum before I get another intake manifold. After seeing the HR motor, I have since decided that I want to do something custom with twin throttle bodies.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has got to be the biggest **** tease in 350z history. maybe it'll result in an excellent climax
Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Brett@TPS

Cosworth is a world class company and I am sure this piece will work as advertised. Great looking part and at $999 seems like a bargain. Only way to make 400+ hp N/A on the VQ is to change the upper inlet and lower plenums. This piece and the matching lower plenum was a "little" more than $999...... But you have to pay to play in N/A ville!!!
Attached Thumbnails Cosworth Plenum FI/NA:  Pics Inside!-07190004.jpg   Cosworth Plenum FI/NA:  Pics Inside!-07190005.jpg  
Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 AM
silver nismo

ahhhh still w8ing
Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I'm pretty sure that is how the Kinetix SSV was made!

That's why I didn't jump on this group buy. After falling victim to the Kinetix SSV fiasco,

well definatly the only reason why i give this the benefit of the doubt its cause its a cosworth product and they have tons of products that would very well be coming soon... and at least they did R&D on this think unlike kinetix butt dyno R&D.

BTW besides twin throttle bodies..... which btw u can see that sfrs ended up doing... "not much" for what it costs... i personally woudl rather see an oversized throttle body with larger dia. intake manifold....
Injected had one part but the stock plenum's "neck" still bottle-necks it.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:32 AM
nicholasm617

can we see more pics of the inside??
from the looks of it i see turbulence being a problem, im sure cosworth made sure that isnt a problem but im just interested to see the inside more.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by nicholasm617
can we see more pics of the inside??
from the looks of it i see turbulence being a problem, im sure cosworth made sure that isnt a problem but im just interested to see the inside more.

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Old 09-20-2007, 11:47 AM
MaRbLe

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
how is moscow this days man
Uber lame LOL
No free time with work and classes plus there is nothing to do here when I have free time.

Quick Reply: Cosworth Plenum FI/NA: Pics Inside!